Vols Soccer player Hannah Wilkinson's Tweet....

So sorry to hear this news. But I do like the staying optimistic and "bring on the rehab" parts.

My own daughter had 4 knee surgeries, including a couple ACL repairs, then played two good years of college soccer after all that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Damn. Big blow to the team--absolutely terrible. I was hopeful that he knee issues were behind her. She missed big portions of the last two seasons with knee problems, as I recall--including a bunch of SEC games last year, which cost the Vols a chance at the NCAA tourney as the team struggled to score without her. Two years ago she was hobbling around with a knee brace. But she was healthy for the New Zealand national team and the World Cup this summer and seemed poised to have a big year. Tough break as she seems an excellent person.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Maybe Pensky will consider playing a formation other than the 4-3-3 that he favors. When we lost Wilkinson last year, he stuck with that, I believe, despite that fact that we didn't have enough talent or cohesion up front to score goals, and we ended up giving up too many shots to the opposition and lost games in which we might have got a result had we played a slightly more conservative style, by packing the midfield.

Some good news is that in that exhibition against Clemson, ranked #22, Tennessee tied them 2-2. Anna Bialczak and Katie Cousins scored.

Well, now I'm sad. I was really looking forward to see her play. I hope she can heal quickly and have a successful professional career.

VN Store

Back