Lady Vols Stifle Cameroon

Saw the video posted of the full game.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD0zCEOpEj8[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
I watched the whole game,they need to work on passing and catching the ball,it was great to see Russell running up and down the court,she didn't play a whole lot,but that is all right

Tea played a lot,needs to work on ball skills,of course it is the first time I've seen her as a Lady Vol

MeMe played a lot as did Kourtney Dunbar,it is good to see them play,it has to be good for team chemistry,to be getting in playing time,this time of year

and why the blue and white jerseys ? shouldn't it be Orange and White ?

Was is just me or did it seem like the floor was slippery. I looked like they couldn't keep balance.. But this is just an exhibition game so I'm not gonna really grade them it's just pre-practice practice to me. On another note Russell is running the floor well and Kortney has nice stroke I can see her being made into another Sidney Spencer

I'm not sure about the floor,she won't be a Sidney Spencer,but she will be her own player,I think she needs time on the court and it looks like CHW is going to give her time

I saw the you tube video with no sound also. Is there no way you can watch the live stream? I saw something that it was streamed live through some Italian outfit. Does anyone know the link?

You will not see a consistently good offense at this point. New players, team, and offensive system, to go along with different environment. The coaches are trying all types of player combinations, so offense will be behind.

Evaluate them by effort, defensive awareness/location, williness to rebound/pass, toughness, attitude, and athleticism at this point. If you did this, then you should've been satisfied at the least.

Jones looks a lot bigger and stronger this season. She could fill the role for us that Welch filled for SC last year. She was on the boards yesterday 11 rebounds and once she got her hands on it was hers no one on that team could pull it away.
The starting job at point guard will be Jordan Reynolds. She is better this season has improved her shot has a different look used to push it up now it is a sweet stroke. Cooper will be a capable backup I see it breaking down 25 to 15 per game in playing time.

Nared looked much better as well and Russell looks like she can definitely fill the role of Harrison.
Moore looks about the same. I could not see much improvement in Dunbar or Middleton's game. Dunbar is and will always be a shooter don't know where she can play on the floor in a defensive role.

Just speculating I see the opening day starting lineup as

PF-Graves
WF-Deshields
C-Russell
WG-Carter
PG-Reynolds

Jones will play a huge role inside expect she will backup Graves at the four
Nared will see time as backup at the three
Moore will get a little time at the five. I expect if she does not respond with good play Graves will slide over there when Russell is resting and Jones will play the four.

I expect Middleton, Dunbar, and Jackson are vying for a few minutes a game. I expect if we go to a 8 or 9 player rotation in SEC play they will get mostly bench time. I think Middleton has the edge for the ninth spot, but Jackson is definitely more athletic. Holly will probably let Dunbar play a lot in the easy non-conference games don't see her getting a lot of time when we play competitive opponents.

Rotation for SEC and Major opponents:

Deshields
Graves
Russell
Carter
Reynolds
Cooper
Jones
Nared
Moore

I noticed an improvement in strength from almost every returning player, but it really showed in Jones, Russell, and Reynolds.

I wouldn't say there was no improvement in Nia. She was fighting pretty hard to get position yesterday, more than she had done all last year. Also she was going after rebounds and diving on the floor. She got a pass taken away during the game, but that wasn't her fault it was thrown at her feet. Which brings up the point the staff has to work with Lex on how to throw the ball into the post. She had that problem all through the season last year, between Nia and her.

Finally got to watch the game. Very pleased with Mercedes Russell. For the last three years Bashaara Graves has been our beast well Jasmine Jones is beast # 2. Liked the play of Jaime Nared. Jordan Reynolds was very solid, liked the freshman Meme Jackson, and Te'a Cooper will be an AA player. Nia Moore played well also.

I've watched it I think 4 times already, (glutton for punishment?) and have changed my mind about Dunbar's effort. She played harder than I first thought if not exactly well. Got the ball rolling for Tn on offense with 2 three's and then I think she didn't score again? The heavy bull dozer girl for Camerroon, #7 knocked her all over the place, along with every other Tn girl she could touch without a foul being called. Dunbar still grabbed a few rb's and got the ball out with a good lead pass. Heads up play! Cooper is slated for greatness, mark it down,,, lol

I can't find a link for today's game evidently no stream. Anybody know if there is radio or anything to follow the game thanks.

I thought Cooper would look better but at least she looks 10 times better than last year's recruiting class. Jackson looks better than last years class too.

There is an explanation for the lack of sound, apparently there was a copyright on the audio track so it was removed.

VN Store

Back