ESPN article on Dangerfield

I'm not understanding why this was posted here!

Because McCannon is obsessed with the fact that we didn't land Dangerfield or Lea Lea Carter, despite the fact that neither one is at a position of need right now and we didn't have a lot of playing time to offer either player.

Reactions: 4 people
Because McCannon is obsessed with the fact that we didn't land Dangerfield or Lea Lea Carter, despite the fact that neither one is at a position of need right now and we didn't have a lot of playing time to offer either player.

Now that makes sense!!!!

Why would anyone be concerned. When comparisons are made with Dangerfield and other guards there are some glaring deficiencies. She is really really small, not built for the game beyond HS, she has a poor turnover to assist ratio as seen in her club and HS games, her shooting percentages are low and shot selection is poor. How could she possibly run a pick and roll, she would be posted by any other player and would not be able to get her shot off.

Why would anyone be concerned. When comparisons are made with Dangerfield and other guards there are some glaring deficiencies. She is really really small, not built for the game beyond HS, she has a poor turnover to assist ratio as seen in her club and HS games, her shooting percentages are low and shot selection is poor. How could she possibly run a pick and roll, she would be posted by any other player and would not be able to get her shot off.

Are you sure? Because the way UConn fans talk about her, you would think she's the next big thing. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't pick her over Cooper. Cooper is bigger, faster and stronger and can lock you up on defense. Cooper also can take over a game as well play with that no fear attitude. I actually like Dangerfield, but no way would I pick her over Cooper.

Reactions: 4 people
Are you sure? Because the way UConn fans talk about her, you would think she's the next big thing. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't pick her over Cooper. Cooper is bigger, faster and stronger and can lock you up on defense. Cooper also can take over a game as well play with that no fear attitude. I actually like Dangerfield, but no way would I pick her over Cooper.

Didn't this girl just hold her own with some of the world's best in the U19 championships? This probably indicates that she will be very good in the next few years.

The disappointment is that top 5 TN recruits are looking outside of TN. But this ultimately happens to all teams in all states, so nothing to get too upset about.

Reactions: 3 people
Didn't this girl just hold her own with some of the world's best in the U19 championships? This probably indicates that she will be very good in the next few years.

The disappointment is that top 5 TN recruits are looking outside of TN. But this ultimately happens to all teams in all states, so nothing to get too upset about.

Did I say Dangerfield couldn't hold her own? I think she will be good in college also. I said if I had to choose I wouldn't pick her over Cooper. Every girl in the state of Tennessee does not dream of putting on orange and playing for Tennessee. I was born and raised in the state of Alabama and I absolutely hate the University of Alabama Crimson Tide. Dangerfield made it very clear early that UConn was where she wanted to go. As soon as she got an offer she committed. Why recruit a young lady when she has made it clear that she's not interested. As with Carter, I heard she was a heavy Tennessee lean until it was announced that DeShields would be transferring to Tennessee. I like both Carter and Dangerfield, but no way will I trade DeShields and Cooper for them.

I like both Carter and Dangerfield, but no way will I trade DeShields and Cooper for them.

Why would we have to trade for them? Why does it have to be either/or? Why not just add both to the roster? You can never have too many quality guards. Most teams play with two guards, but some play three or four guards at one time, depending on their talent pool and matchups. Some teams play two point guards at once with great success. I am all for stockpiling talent. Plus, as every Vol fan knows, injuries happen. It would be nice to have a talented backup (or two or three).

Reactions: 1 person
Why would we have to trade for them? Why does it have to be either/or? Why not just add both to the roster? You can never have too many quality guards. Most teams play with two guards, but some play three or four guards at one time, depending on their talent pool and matchups. Some teams play two point guards at once with great success. I am all for stockpiling talent. Plus, as every Vol fan knows, injuries happen. It would be nice to have a talented backup (or two or three).

It is either/or because Carter was a major lean to Tennessee until DeShields transferred to UT. Dangerfield wanted to go somewhere she had a chance to possibly start and get lots of minutes. She didn't want to play behind Cooper and Reynolds. Both Carter and Dangerfield made it clear why they went elsewhere that's why there couldn't be an addition.

VN Store

Back