Candace Parker

teacherdean

Has anyone watched the LA Sparks since Candace returned? I would dare to say that she is one of five WNBA players who can dictate a game. You have Parker, DelleDawn, Taurasi, Griner and Maya Moore these ladies have a serious game. The Sparks were dead and buried, with little if any playoff hope, and Parker comes in after a half season of rest and the Sparks fortunes changed. They did start the season with one of their stars playing in Europe and one that was injured, however, when they returned to the court, they just did not bring the iT factor as Candace has. The lady is almost unguardable. She hits threes, rebounds, dribbles the full length of the court, and will take a quick guard off the dribble. I wish we could find another Parker Lady Vol, or even someone with 75% of her talent. She is a joy to watch.

Reactions: 4 people
Has anyone watched the LA Sparks since Candace returned? I would dare to say that she is one of five WNBA players who can dictate a game. You have Parker, DelleDawn, Taurasi, Griner and Maya Moore these ladies have a serious game. The Sparks were dead and buried, with little if any playoff hope, and Parker comes in after a half season of rest and the Sparks fortunes changed. They did start the season with one of their stars playing in Europe and one that was injured, however, when they returned to the court, they just did not bring the iT factor as Candace has. The lady is almost unguardable. She hits threes, rebounds, dribbles the full length of the court, and will take a quick guard off the dribble. I wish we could find another Parker Lady Vol, or even someone with 75% of her talent. She is a joy to watch.

Candace was a basketball wizard in the win vs. Minnesota. She was everywhere, and repeatedly made big plays on both sides of the court. Her ability to run the offense off defensive rebounds as a post makes her unlike any other player in the game

Given what Tulsa has been going through since her injury, I'd add Skylar Diggins to that list as well. I'd put Angel McCaughtry on the top list as well.

Tamika Catchings (dropped down due to being past her prime) and Tina Charles are Honorable Mention.

Reactions: 2 people
I would put Skylar on the 2nd tier even though she's much better than her rookie year but Parker, Taurasi, Delle Done, and Maya can take a game completely over.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't add McCaughtry to the list.
Currently leads the WNBA in TO's
39th place in FG% .378
She is a great scorer, proved scorer, but at a rate comparable to Megan Simmons.

I have always wondered how much her game would of improved if she would of gone to a university and played for a Geno-styled offense instead of a Waltz/Hatchell offense.

She just needs more discipline to her offensive game.

What "class" will Lailaa Nicole Williams be in? :) Never too early to dream

I can't add McCaughtry to the list.
Currently leads the WNBA in TO's
39th place in FG% .378
She is a great scorer, proved scorer, but at a rate comparable to Megan Simmons.

I have always wondered how much her game would of improved if she would of gone to a university and played for a Geno-styled offense instead of a Waltz/Hatchell offense.

She just needs more discipline to her offensive game.

Catchings in her prime wasn't the most accurate of shooters, but she could take over the game. McCoughtry is much the same way. She just comes ready to play.

I've seen Angel take over way too many games for Atlanta to discount her. No one is going to sag off her with the clock winding down and Atlanta with the ball down by 1. Lyttle and De Souza may be more efficient with the ball, but Angel will make things happen.

VN Store

Back