Tori McCoy Finalists

mtsuraider06

Baylor
Illinois
Marquette
Ohio State
South Carolina
Tennessee

Louisville not being there is HUGE, as they were thought of by some to her the leader for her. This is VERY GOOD for Tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
That's great news! Seems like we always make the Final 5. I thought she was going to do Final 4. She must have changed her mind.

Personally, I think Illinois & Marquette are there as sentimental picks. She is from close to Illinois campus, and her younger sister has a scholarship offer to Marquette.

I think we will have to fight Ohio State and South Carolina for her services. If she comes here, she will more than likely start at the PF next season. Ohio State just signed Muvunga who will be eligible when McCoy comes in as a Freshman. South Carolina and Baylor are loaded with post players. Illinois has some controversy regarding their Women's Basketball program and I just don't see her going to Marquette. Hopefully the PF position being wide open will look appealing to her.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we could narrow that down to four unless she wants to go to a local program. Baylor seems to have enough post players to limit their consideration of course you never know.
That leaves Tennessee, Ohio State, and South Carolina. SC has a one year post player so they could be a factor. Ohio State seems to always be a factor these days they are quickly acquiring talent.
On paper we would seem to be the favorite if playing time is of any concern. We have been in this position before with players so keep the fingers crossed and hope she decides on us.

Honestly, I would say we are in her Top 2

Is it realistic to say Holmes would be okay to play with McCoy?

Would McCoy be okay to play with Holmes?

In my opinion, I think it would be fantastic to see them on the floor together in Orange, lol :) I'm not familiar with either one, other than they are post/wings and both are extremely talented.

Is it realistic to say Holmes would be okay to play with McCoy?

Would McCoy be okay to play with Holmes?

In my opinion, I think it would be fantastic to see them on the floor together in Orange, lol :) I'm not familiar with either one, other than they are post/wings and both are extremely talented.

No clue, but I don't see why not.

That being said, Holmes is likely going to Texas so I wouldn't entertain the notion of both coming to Tennessee.

Would be a great addition for Coach Staley's roster, replacing the departed Imovbioh. After one year at USC then Coates would be gone too....but playing with Wilson, White, Davis, Gray, Cuevas & Duckett would still be a team of elite talent....

Last edited:
I don't see her at Baylor, especially with two posts already in front of her, and maybe adding Cox.

Mavunga going to OSU may have been a blessing in disguise.

I agree about Cox. I see her at either Louisville, Notre Dame or Baylor. She has taken unofficial visits to those three schools. With McCoy, I think Ohio State is our biggest threat. Doesn't her sister has offers to Marquette and OSU? I can see their coach using the same tactic he used to get Kelsey Mitchell.

I agree about Cox. I see her at either Louisville, Notre Dame or Baylor. She has taken unofficial visits to those three schools. With McCoy, I think Ohio State is our biggest threat. Doesn't her sister has offers to Marquette and OSU? I can see their coach using the same tactic he used to get Kelsey Mitchell.

didn't they hire her Dad? Do they have another Dad spot?

“I want to wait for the other girls and see where they’re going to go,” McCoy said. “I also feel like waiting will also give me more time to think about these schools.”

This tells me she will probably wait for Cox and Holmes to announce first the follow suit.
STM's McCoy trims list | News-Gazette.com

She has said she wanted to wait until Spring, but with her trimming her list, that may be up in the air.

I think we lead for her right now.

Yep, this is a better bet IMO, Mavunga going to Ohio St may help us.

I surely hope so. I heard she really enjoyed the Lady Vol experience camp. I'm hoping she seeing the PF position wide open next season will influence her.

So I think it's more so waiting to see what Cox is going to do, than Holmes. Since her and Holmes didn't have any colleges in common, but TENN. She and Cox had TENN, Baylor, and USCar before Cox cut her list down.

I surely hope so. I heard she really enjoyed the Lady Vol experience camp. I'm hoping she seeing the PF position wide open next season will influence her.
WHAT??
Somehow I think after 3 years of starting at the PF position Graves pretty much has it locked up solid next season.

I wish we could sign one post in November since we have two post players graduating. If we get one of the top ranked players in the early period it would be easy to pass on projects and go hard after another top rated post.
I think Jones is going to be a very active player inside and we have her for two more years so signing two post players would keep us at four solid inside players.

Reactions: 1 person
I thank Jaime Nared and Jasmine Jones both can play the 4 next year and Kortney Dunbar also, but would love to have two of the four bigs in the 2016 class.

VN Store

Back