Graves and DeShields not playing in Italy

PineyBluff Vol

According to Holly, both will make the trip. Graves (shoulder) DeShields (Shin Splints) will be on the sideline.

I saw where Carter won't play either. She had surgery after season. Holly wants all at 100% when season starts

MOST people were saying it was a ankle problem, now we hear it is shin splits, which goes to show how bad the media coverage of the team is and how absurdly close-mouthed the program is about injuries. And you'll never learn much from Warlick with her constant happy talk: in her world every player is doing absolutely GREAT at all times, in every way, even when they are not. And so we often get Warlick saying that a player who's had some vague injury "could play tomorrow if we needed her--she's ready to go." And then tomorrow comes and she doesn't play.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea, I do agree that we never get the real story and Holly doesn't give us very much detail. I'm going to be pissed if the season starts and Diamond isn't playing.

Reactions: 2 people
The bottom line is, if you are not the player, the player's immediate family, or a member of the coaching staff, you really have no right to know details of medical situations involving players. If the player and school choose to release such information, fine. If not, understand that that is a decision made by people who know far more about the situation and how to appropriately handle it than any fan ever will. Some fans like to take "ownership" of a team, its players, and its staff, often to such an unreasonable extreme that they expect personal information that really is none of their business. Sure, everyone wants to know if a key player is injured to the point that she won't be able to play, thus affecting the team's future success. I don't think that's the case with Diamond at all, but that's beside the point. We live in a time when social media and the (wanted or unwanted) over-the-top meddling in and attention to other people's personal lives are pervasive and some fans WRONGLY expect to be told everything. Twenty years ago, if a player was suffering from shin splints during the off-season, most fans wouldn't have been any the wiser and life would have gone on without the doom-and-gloom attitude so many fans wallow in. The player would recover and that would be that. Today, some people expect to be told when a player breaks a nail. They live on these players' and coaches' social media accounts and then speculate about personal things that are none of their concern. It's ridiculous and more than a little disconcerting.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back