Does UCONN even deserve a regular season series with Tennessee

boxerpupsrcool

Pat helped Geno become what he is today, but just like his fans, the man is ungrateful and has made the laughable assertion that Tennessee apologize for his recruiting violations. I think the only way a series can resume is for GENO to apologize, not only for his underhanded recruitment tactics, but also the way he treated Pat and the program for years. The UCONN fans have enjoyed unprecedented success over the last decade, but unfortunately that success has gone way over their heads. We can bring em back to reality with a real nice basketball as s whoopin, hopefully sooner rather than later :)

Reactions: 3 people
Omg...no...no...no.....not another UCONN thread!!!!!!!!! :-( Boxer you're one of my favorite posters man......I know you've seen us discuss this before in other threads.

Omg...no...no...no.....not another UCONN thread!!!!!!!!! :-( Boxer you're one of my favorite posters man......I know you've seen us discuss this before in other threads.

haha sorry i was bored!!:crazy: This thread was really created as an answer to the UCONN fans who have this pipe dream of a notion that Pat, Holly, or anyone in the Tennessee admin need to apologize for Geno's actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
haha sorry i was bored!!:crazy: This thread was really created as an answer to the UCONN fans who have this pipe dream of a notion that Pat, Holly, or anyone in the Tennessee admin need to apologize for Geno's actions.

Lol its the off season I understand! We have a good chance too whoop their a** next year....making it FOUR in a row! :)

if the Lady Vols can make it to the Final Four... the game can be played. UConn has been sitting there waiting for the last atleast 6 yrs. Apology or No Apology could stop that game BUT the Lady Vols keep coming up short.

if the Lady Vols can make it to the Final Four... the game can be played. UConn has been sitting there waiting for the last atleast 6 yrs. Apology or No Apology could stop that game BUT the Lady Vols keep coming up short.

Injuries and then a short bench have slowed them down getting to the Final Four

"haha sorry i was bored!! This thread was really created as an answer to the UCONN fans who have this pipe dream of a notion that Pat, Holly, or anyone in the Tennessee admin need to apologize for Geno's actions."

I'm bored to boxer

I can't believe I'm posting in a thread that has UConn in it ,it will be a long time till we get to see the Lady Vols play some basketball

but it isn't to long till Footballs summer practice starts,I'm sure that will keep me happy till then :)

Reactions: 1 person
Pat helped Geno become what he is today, but just like his fans, the man is ungrateful and has made the laughable assertion that Tennessee apologize for his recruiting violations. I think the only way a series can resume is for GENO to apologize, not only for his underhanded recruitment tactics, but also the way he treated Pat and the program for years. The UCONN fans have enjoyed unprecedented success over the last decade, but unfortunately that success has gone way over their heads. We can bring em back to reality with a real nice basketball as s whoopin, hopefully sooner rather than later :)

We wont beat them as long as Geno is there, as bad as i hate to say it he will pass Pat in wins and Geno and UCONN will win at least 7 more NC if Geno is healthy.:cray:

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee does not need to play UConn during the regular season. There is only one women's basketball team that has been to all NCAA Tournaments. TN was relevant long before UConn came along, so keep doing what they have been doing. They do not need UConn. Seems UConn might have a little more depth now than TN, but TN definitely has the talent to beat UConn. I think they would have the stamina, and size to keep them in check, maybe needing one more big girl to go the distance. Brianna Turner should have committed to TN, that would done it for sure. Was that not Drake this year, and BYU the year before that held UConn in check for a half. They had post players with size, and outside shooters, maybe not a lot of stamina. Those first halves were fun to watch.

I guess you miss us UConn fans. Why else lay out this sort of red meat? :)

I won't even mention why an apology would be appropriate or remind you of Pat's history of "underhandedness". The facts speak for themselves.

There is only one women's basketball team that has been to all NCAA Tournaments. TN was relevant long before UConn came along

You must have a real nice display of LV memorabilia. Have fun living in the past. UConn fans have little time to reminisce because the Huskies are still making history instead of reliving it.

maybe needing one more big girl to go the distance. Brianna Turner should have committed to TN, that would done it for sure.

LOL The old "if only we had ________X" whine? Come on, show some class. This is really beneath a LV fan.

Was that not Drake this year, and BYU the year before that held UConn in check for a half.

Yup. But aren't you forgetting these halftime scores?
Mizz 25 Tenn 21
Fla 30 Tenn 28

Are Fla and Missouri one player away from being better than Tenn? :loco:

Tenn certainly has a lot of talent. What they lack coming into next season is a lack of game experience together. And the point you LV fans always forget is that it takes more than just putting a bunch of talented athletes on the floor. They need to put the ball into the hoop. And UConn does that much better than Tenn. Last year UConn started 4 players who had all had 30 point games in their career. All 5 starters were primary scoring options. Tenn had 3 last year and they all graduated. The key to their success last season was in their defense. And the key to that was that those 3 players had years of experience together. Yeah, I know that DD is a prolific scorer. But check out her freshman scoring stats compared to what Simmons did that year. Not much difference. Is that what you want? Gunner redux? And I hope Russell is over her foot problems because wcbb needs all the stars it can get. But while she did score at times her freshman year, she was a willow among oaks in the paint. I know she's 6'6" but it looks to me she would be better at the 4 than the 5. I'm sure she got stronger but that frame will never look like Kelly Caine. Cooper looks to be a really good player. But think back to Leiberman Trophy winner Jefferson as a freshman. Not close to what she was as a junior. And remember, you got Cooper while UConn got Samuelson, Collier and Boykin.

Bottom line is that if everything breaks right for Tenn they are in the mix for a FF. Maybe better than SC and even Notre Dame. But UConn has three 4th year starters who have years of experience playing together. Talent and experience trumps talent alone.

But then the summer is for dreaming so enjoy.

Linkster, I have been a fan of TN since 1989 when Bridgett Gordon was at TN. I am from LA, live in GA, no connection to the state of TN. I want to see TN win another NC, but will enjoy the season regardless. I have never liked UConn, never will, but was only joking about if Bri Turner had committed to TN. Many programs have come and gone. No one knows what will happen in women's college basketball next season, but I do hope UConn gets knocked out of the NCAA Tournament in the first round because of people like you. How's that? Have a good one.

Reactions: 6 people

I won't even mention why an apology would be appropriate or remind you of Pat's history of "underhandedness". The facts speak for themselves.

You must have a real nice display of LV memorabilia. Have fun living in the past. UConn fans have little time to reminisce because the Huskies are still making history instead of reliving it.

Tenn certainly has a lot of talent. What they lack coming into next season is a lack of game experience together. And the point you LV fans always forget is that it takes more than just putting a bunch of talented athletes on the floor. They need to put the ball into the hoop. And UConn does that much better than Tenn. Last year UConn started 4 players who had all had 30 point games in their career. All 5 starters were primary scoring options. Tenn had 3 last year and they all graduated. The key to their success last season was in their defense. And the key to that was that those 3 players had years of experience together. Yeah, I know that DD is a prolific scorer. But check out her freshman scoring stats compared to what Simmons did that year. Not much difference. Is that what you want? Gunner redux? And I hope Russell is over her foot problems because wcbb needs all the stars it can get. But while she did score at times her freshman year, she was a willow among oaks in the paint. I know she's 6'6" but it looks to me she would be better at the 4 than the 5. I'm sure she got stronger but that frame will never look like Kelly Caine. Cooper looks to be a really good player. But think back to Leiberman Trophy winner Jefferson as a freshman. Not close to what she was as a junior. And remember, you got Cooper while UConn got Samuelson, Collier and Boykin.

Bottom line is that if everything breaks right for Tenn they are in the mix for a FF. Maybe better than SC and even Notre Dame. But UConn has three 4th year starters who have years of experience playing together. Talent and experience trumps talent alone.

Haha, linkster your posts never cease to amaze me..But, I did lay the meat out and you took the bait like a good little UCONN kitty lol..

First off, if my memory isn't failing me, the Lady Vols under Pat and Holly have never been found by the NCAA to have committed any kind of violations. Geno and the lady huskies on the other hand have two violations from the NCAA that immediately pop into my head. The first being the ESPN tour fiasco with Maya Moore and the second one when Geno made an inappropriate phone call to a possible future recruit. Both instances he should have knew better, but apparently Geno thinks he is above the NCAA. It's no wonder Coach Pat Summitt ended the series. I might also remind UCONN fans that getting any kind of violation from the NCAA rarely happens, so to already have two in a short time period shows a pattern of activity that could be interpreted as less than admirable or honorable. With all this said, do I think UCONN should be stripped of it's titles?? No, of course not, but there are consequences to dirty recruiting tactics and losing it's series with Tennessee was one of those consequences.

No doubt UCONN will be good this year, but I remember last season in a few games where UCONN had trouble scoring, but was bailed out by KML and her dagger like three point shot. KML was awesome at creating space and quickly getting a contested shot up and most of the time making it. Teams won't have to worry about her and that is huge I think.

As far as Tennessee is concerned, they will be just fine. When you have three number one recruits on one team as well as a number of other Mcdonald All Americans, like Tennessee has, you just can't help but get excited about how dominant they could really be. Our shooting will be much improved and you can take that to the bank..

What underhandedness by Pat is our chatty visitor talking about? Surely, it can't be the canceling of the series. That was just a decision, not underhandedness......We had beaten them the last 3 times we had played them, so it's not like they were unbeatable, or we were worried about them.....

It's a new season approaching and everyone is 0-0.....Now if you want to talk about your past championships, then who's talking about the past?

In any event, I have no hard feelings against you guys.

LOL The old "if only we had ________X" whine? Come on, show some class. This is really beneath a LV fan.

Yup. But aren't you forgetting these halftime scores?
Mizz 25 Tenn 21
Fla 30 Tenn 28

Are Fla and Missouri one player away from being better than Tenn? :loco:

Besides all the other BS, explain to me Pat's history of "underhandedness".

Reactions: 2 people
6As far as Tennessee is concerned, they will be just fine. When you have three number one recruits on one team as well as a number of other Mcdonald All Americans, like Tennessee has, you just can't help but get excited about how dominant they could really be. Our shooting will be much improved and you can take that to the bank..

This part of your post is very true. I understand your excitement.

As for the rest of your post I can only say yes, your memory has left you if you suggest that the LV program has been free of NCAA violations.

Tennessee says self-reporting helps maintain NCAA compl... | AccessWDUN.com

At the request of The Associated Press, the university released edited copies of self-reports filed between 1998 and 2001. Ten involved men's basketball and football, and seven involved women's basketball.

The third was from February, when Summitt and assistant coach Mickie DeMoss were reprimanded for allowing two prospects and their family have a free tour of a Knoxville facility. The name of the facility was blacked out, but the document indicated they were admitted free because Summitt is an inducted member and DeMoss belongs to the Women's Basketball Coaches Association.

Note that that's 7 violations over just a three year period of Pat's career of around 40 years. So let's keep it real OK?

Reactions: 4 people
Besides all the other BS, explain to me Pat's history of "underhandedness".

Back, early in Pat' career she stole two players from other teams. One was an AA from Mercer who was seen speaking to Pat at the FF while still enrolled at Mercer. She and another player who was on Pat's Olympic team transferred to Tenn shortly after that FF and were instrumental in Pat's first NC.

Of course it was all legal then, just like Mrs. Moores sale of handbags was and is still. But being legal hasn't stopped some LV fans of accusing Geno of doing something wrong now, has it?

Let's not forget the high pressure tactics used to try and sign Ann Strother. Or the secondary violation in the recruiting of Russell.

Like I said in another post, lets stop with nonsense about Tenn being squeaky clean because it just isn't true.

Last edited:
This part of your post is very true. I understand your excitement.

As for the rest of your post I can only say yes, your memory has left you if you suggest that the LV program has been free of NCAA violations.

Tennessee says self-reporting helps maintain NCAA compl... | AccessWDUN.com

Note that that's 7 violations over just a three year period of Pat's career of around 40 years. So let's keep it real OK?

That article you cited just proved my point, so thanks., The Lady Vols have no actual NCAA violations. They self reported possible violations and that was the end of it. No NCAA investigation and no NCAA violations. That's exactly why the article says they stay in compliance. UCONN on the other hand had tried to cover up their violations, they refused to self report and guess what, the NCAA investigated and slapped them with actual violations. Tennessee had the integrity to step up to the plate, while UCONN continues to prove why Coach Summit cancelled the series.

Last edited:
Back, early in Pat' career she stole two players from other teams. One was an AA from Mercer who was seen speaking to Pat at the FF while still enrolled at Mercer. She and another player who was on Pat's Olympic team transferred to Tenn shortly after that FF and were instrumental in Pat's first NC.

Of course it was all legal then, just like Mrs. Moores sale of handbags was and is still. But being legal hasn't stopped some LV fans of accusing Geno of doing something wrong now, has it?

Let's not forget the high pressure tactics used to try and sign Ann Strother. Or the secondary violation in the recruiting of Russell.

Like I said in another post, lets top with nonsense about Tenn being squeaky clean because it just isn't true.

We aren't talking about legal recruiting tactics now are we. We are discussing facts, and the fact is UCONN committed 2 NCAA violations. That's fact. You can't spin your way out of that argument linkster. UCONN is a dirty program with almost no integrity.

That article you cited just proved my point, so thanks., The Lady Vols have no actual NCAA violations. They self reported possible violations and that was the end of it. That's exactly why the article says they stay in compliance. UCONN on the other hand had tried to cover up their violations, they refused to self report and guess what, the NCAA investigated and slapped them with actual violations. Tennessee had the integrity to step up to the plate, while UCONN continues to prove why Coach Summit cancelled the series.

That is simply not true. Self-reported violations are secondary violations. The seven by Tenn, the ESPN tour (which was self-reported, just ask the NCAA), and the call to that Little League player, (another self-reported incident which wasn't a violation BTW, but which UConn felt was too trivial to fight. Just like Pat's having her picture taken with Simmons during her visit to Megan's HS. Or the illegal scrapbook that was prepared for Russell. All secondary violations.

Like I said in another post, lets stop with nonsense about Tenn being squeaky clean because it just isn't true.
One of Cindy Brogdon's teammates at Mercer assured me that she was leaving Mercer whether she went to Tennessee or somewhere else. Pat's first NC was in 1987....about 10 years after the so called stolen players.

That is simply not true. Self-reported violations are secondary violations. The seven by Tenn, the ESPN tour (which was self-reported, just ask the NCAA), and the call to that Little League player, (another self-reported incident which wasn't a violation BTW, but which UConn felt was too trivial to fight. Just like Pat's having her picture taken with Simmons during her visit to Megan's HS. Or the illegal scrapbook that was prepared for Russell. All secondary violations.

Linkster lets stick with facts and not pipe dreams ok?? I just read the NCAA bylaws on reporting secondary violations and nowhere does it say that a team who self reports are automatically in noncompliance. The NCAA will either investigate the alleged violations, and if a violation is discovered, will discuss possible disciplinary actions or they will determine that no violation took place and will close the matter. Tennessee self reported, the NCAA found no violations and closed the matter, while the NCAA investigated UCONN and slapped them with two violations. FACTS!! Just the Facts!!

VN Store

Back