wnba rosters

gule

looks like the LV's have all been purged?

Simmons & Burdick waived, massengale ? not on Atlanta's roster, Johnson out for season, Parker sitting out, who's left?

Massengale is out for the year, as is Johnson. Burdick and Simmons were cut, not surprised at all. Lawson is in Washington on the Mystics

Shekinna Stricklen is with the Connecticut Sun
Vicky Baugh is with the Tulsa Shock
Tamika Catchings is with the Indiana Fever
Kara Lawson is with the Washington Mystics

I think Candace Parker will end up playing in the league this season but I don't think it will be in LA, I think she wants to be traded but is saying she wants to rest.

I also see Burdick being picked up by someone before the season is over. Kelly Cain was in the league last year and I think if she can keep her weight under control would be on a team this year. Simmons may also wind up on a team if an injury occurs. I also woudn't be suprised to see Michelle Snow picked up by a team who could use a veteran defensive post (Chicago, Indy, Connecticut, Seattle)

Candace is under contract with the Sparks, and has been "cored"...she isn't leaving LA unless something drastic happens. She could sit out (Fowles), until she is traded, but CP won't do that.

I think Burdick will end up in Atlanta. They wanted her on draft night.

Snow hasn't been in the league for a few years, but she plays overseas.

Reactions: 1 person
Candace is under contract with the Sparks, and has been "cored"...she isn't leaving LA unless something drastic happens. She could sit out (Fowles), until she is traded, but CP won't do that.

I think Burdick will end up in Atlanta. They wanted her on draft night.

Snow hasn't been in the league for a few years, but she plays overseas.

Candace was cored but hasn't signed a contract similar to Fowles, if Candace wants out she holds the key because of the league's willingness to give star players what they want. I don't think she signs until she see's how well they play (if they are contender worthy) and I also think if Fowles didn't just want Minny to be the only team she played for, you would have seen a Parker and Lavender to Chicago for Fowles and Vandersloot but Fowles only wants to go to Minny (to play with Simone Augustus again).

Parker is sitting out to rest. I think she likes being in LA but she does need some help to get a ring.

Even if Fowles did want to go to LA, Chicago wouldn't be getting Parker because she wouldn't be a part of the deal it would involve Ogwumike/Lavender. the only way i see Candace getting traded is if she demanded to be traded.

Last edited:
I really thought that Simmons and Burdick would make their respective teams. I know they must be disappointed. I guess there is a chance they could get picked up by another team.

I just wonder if this will hurt our recruiting in the future. In recent years we have not had a whole lot of success at the next level. I just wonder if they are getting prepared while playing at UT. The ladies that do not make it are our star players!!

Any thoughts?

Think anout it this way, Massengale, Harrison and Johnson are all out for the season. Add them in that would make 8 LV's on rosters, The only other school with more is Uconn. Won't affect recruiting at all

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back