Why do UT softball players keep disappearing?

peachstatevolgirl

With all this talk about Aldrete's departure, I'm on the fence about what to believe. Someone made a great point. We keep losing players with no explanation. Jessica Addell, Haley Tobler, Akamine, Perkins, Haley ***an... Anybody know why?

Signing to many California players one thing and second some players just didn't fit in happens in every sport.

Reactions: 1 person
Alien abduction is a good one since these are all beautiful earthly creatures that our grey and reptile friends from out of space will surely be tempted to kidnap and conduct thorough biological experiments on. I've heard that the aliens since then released some of 'em back to earth since a couple of 'em resurfaced at places like Oregon State, Long Beach State…

All the kidding aside…This has been discussed on other threads; Haley Tobler found a better situation w/ Long Beach State getting offered scholarship money there. She was a recruited walk-on at UT in her first two yrs, and wasn't about to be put on scholarship despite having a break-out sophomore yr. Her dad is from state of Tennessee and she had some family ties in the areas. That's a part of the reason which initially drew her to UT, not to mention the allure of playing for a nationally recognized powerhouse program. Hannah Akamine just got beat out by freshman Aldrete for a starting job, then decided to pack up, leave and play her final yr at Oregon State. Alley Perkins and Jessica Adell just couldn't find their niche on the team, didn't do much, played very sparingly and probably decided there's something better to do...

Gotta find that 3rd Renfroe girl! Somebody please report this MIA file to NSA, FBI and Department of Homeland Security! Would ya?

It's not hard to find a better situation (Tobler)when your starting and post those numbers in the SEC. my understanding is they finally did offer Tobler but the dye was cast and the hurt, betrayal, and frustration had set in. For the most part you are correct with the others, except Akamine.

Alien abduction is a good one since these are all beautiful earthly creatures that our grey and reptile friends from out of space will surely be tempted to kidnap and conduct thorough biological experiments on. I've heard that the aliens since then released some of 'em back to earth since a couple of 'em resurfaced at places like Oregon State, Long Beach State…

All the kidding aside…This has been discussed on other threads; Haley Tobler found a better situation w/ Long Beach State getting offered scholarship money there. She was a recruited walk-on at UT in her first two yrs, and wasn't about to be put on scholarship despite having a break-out sophomore yr. Her dad is from state of Tennessee and she had some family ties in the areas. That's a part of the reason which initially drew her to UT, not to mention the allure of playing for a nationally recognized powerhouse program. Hannah Akamine just got beat out by freshman Aldrete for a starting job, then decided to pack up, leave and play her final yr at Oregon State. Alley Perkins and Jessica Adell just couldn't find their niche on the team, didn't do much, played very sparingly and probably decided there's something better to do...

It's not hard to find a better situation (Tobler)when your starting and post those numbers in the SEC. my understanding is they finally did offer Tobler but the dye was cast and the hurt, betrayal, and frustration had set in. For the most part you are correct with the others, except Akamine.

On a real note, You're starting to peeve a lot of posters off. Our situation Is better than most. We never offered Tobler.

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry about that. I will stop posting truth. I from this point forward only post agreeable posts that all agree. Sorry if I hurt feelings.

On a real note, You're starting to peeve a lot of posters off. Our situation Is better than most. We never offered Tobler.

truth is she went from starting at UT and playing on the biggest stage of the sport (SEC) to hitting .286 and making honorable mention at Long Beach State..

bet she wishes she'd stayed...

If someone offered you $30,000.00 and you got to live on the beach. And you had already played in the WCWS and several regionals and supers. And it would cost you $25,000.00 to stay....what would you do?? If you are mature, and smart...you take the beach and $30,000.00. But that's just my opinion. I wonder how in debt some of those players at UT are???

truth is she went from starting at UT and playing on the biggest stage of the sport (SEC) to hitting .286 and making honorable mention at Long Beach State..

bet she wishes she'd stayed...

With all this talk about Aldrete's departure, I'm on the fence about what to believe. Someone made a great point. We keep losing players with no explanation. Jessica Addell, Haley Tobler, Akamine, Perkins, Haley ***an... Anybody know why?

Not enough love.

I was merely wondering because of so many of the "Ralph and Karen are abusive" posts. I always chalked the departures up to the grind of college athletics. Was just curious to hear others' opinions and possibly find out the whereabouts of some of those who left. Several went without explanation, such as the aforementioned Jennifer Burroughs and Anna Renfroe. Thanks for all the replies!

Terra is a troll--and as ugly as you'd expect a troll to be.

Players leave programs //all the time//, in all sports--mostly because they are not playing much, if at all, and probably won't play going forward. Aldrete is leaving for reasons not entirely clear, but I think her boyfriend may have more to do with it than homesickness. And guess what he is? A UT footballer who has little chance of playing and, according to a published report, has been exploring transfer options for two or three months. He has just announced his intention to transfer. We can only hope that the team's star softball player is not leaving because her boyfriend wants to leave--but it is surely A factor and might be THE factor. She might be grieving for a deceased friend, and I would not diminish that trauma, but people who are having a good and successful college experience typically don't quit it because a friend in another state dies. Boyfriends are another matter. If AA wants to keep playing softball, then I think California schools were her only option per the terms of the release. So it is possible that Jenkins sparked this move but will end up following her.

Reactions: 2 people

Define "a lot". Truth hurts, I suppose. Most of the stuff Terra has talked about isn't exactly secretive information. And no, Terra is *not* a troll. You may not like what he has to say, but what he is saying is definitely 100% spot on. There is a long paper trail of how Ralph and Karen treat their players. And they have had a ton of transfers over the years -- more than just about any program I can think of off the top of my head except for maybe Georgia. I'm not saying this to dog or insult the coaches. The situation is what it is. Some players can take it and some can't, but they are definitely tougher than most coaches and I've heard from MANY people of several instances of how they crossed the line.

Tobler was definitely offered some scholarship money after the Weeklys saw that she was serious about leaving. She basically had a foot out the door at that point. I know this all for a fact.

To be fair, Ally Perkins and Anna Renfroe never should've been on scholarship here to begin with.

I will say, in fairness to the coaches of college softball in general, it's easy to transfer in college softball as opposed to, for example, basketball, unless the player isn't released, which is rare. However, there have been several instances of players that were not released and therefore had to sit out a year (i.e. Alexia Clay, Liane Horiuchi, Stacey Jennings), which honestly I'm surprised didn't hurt them in recruiting more. Their refusal to grant releases has also prevented some transfers, as well.

I've noticed. Just choosing to ignore it. Lol! I had an idea about Akamine and I'be been trying to make a definite decision about what I believe the cause of Aldrete's transfer is, but the others I haven't heard any specifics of. There are just about as many who have left the team almost unnoticed as there have been of those who have stayed. Hannah Trainer is another one I'm curious about.

Describe "troll" what do you consider a troll?? Is it one who just doesn't agree with you and presents a different view backed by facts that make you uncomfortable....or is that a troll just only wants to cause arguments etc. I have been on this site before. And have had no issues. But the subject is emotional because you love your team. And that's good. But try and control your emotions, I have not attacked you, or said anything personal. Some in this string have been very accurate IMO. Others just do not want to hear any other point of view.

Terra is a troll--and as ugly as you'd expect a troll to be.

Players leave programs //all the time//, in all sports--mostly because they are not playing much, if at all, and probably won't play going forward. Aldrete is leaving for reasons not entirely clear, but I think her boyfriend may have more to do with it than homesickness. And guess what he is? A UT footballer who has little chance of playing and, according to a published report, has been exploring transfer options for two or three months. He has just announced his intention to transfer. We can only hope that the team's star softball player is not leaving because her boyfriend wants to leave--but it is surely A factor and might be THE factor. She might be grieving for a deceased friend, and I would not diminish that trauma, but people who are having a good and successful college experience typically don't quit it because a friend in another state dies. Boyfriends are another matter. If AA wants to keep playing softball, then I think California schools were her only option per the terms of the release. So it is possible that Jenkins sparked this move but will end up following her.

This is pretty accurate, and well thought out. My original skepticism came when UT put out that Akamine left for beauty school. It was almost a surreal statement. That's when I started asking questions in California. From families, and others. That's how all of my questioning started. In the end it's your team. But these are people I know. So...we both have interest, and getting to the bottom things is often ugly. Good luck, I am sure your team will continue to do well. You always get a great roster and no one will argue that.

Define "a lot". Truth hurts, I suppose. Most of the stuff Terra has talked about isn't exactly secretive information. And no, Terra is *not* a troll. You may not like what he has to say, but what he is saying is definitely 100% spot on. There is a long paper trail of how Ralph and Karen treat their players. And they have had a ton of transfers over the years -- more than just about any program I can think of off the top of my head except for maybe Georgia. I'm not saying this to dog or insult the coaches. The situation is what it is. Some players can take it and some can't, but they are definitely tougher than most coaches and I've heard from MANY people of several instances of how they crossed the line.

Tobler was definitely offered some scholarship money after the Weeklys saw that she was serious about leaving. She basically had a foot out the door at that point. I know this all for a fact.

To be fair, Ally Perkins and Anna Renfroe never should've been on scholarship here to begin with.

I will say, in fairness to the coaches of college softball in general, it's easy to transfer in college softball as opposed to, for example, basketball, unless the player isn't released, which is rare. However, there have been several instances of players that were not released and therefore had to sit out a year (i.e. Alexia Clay, Liane Horiuchi, Stacey Jennings), which honestly I'm surprised didn't hurt them in recruiting more. Their refusal to grant releases has also prevented some transfers, as well.

Didn't know you'd start a storm did you??

[/LEFT]
I was merely wondering because of so many of the "Ralph and Karen are abusive" posts. I always chalked the departures up to the grind of college athletics. Was just curious to hear others' opinions and possibly find out the whereabouts of some of those who left. Several went without explanation, such as the aforementioned Jennifer Burroughs and Anna Renfroe. Thanks for all the replies!

VN Store

Back