Annie Aldrete transferring

Tough news that I did not see coming. But who can predict the death of a friend? Good luck you will definitely be missed. Well I guess Overstreet just got the starting nod at catcher. Who else can catch? Norris caught the bullpen the majority of the season.

Wow: I empathize but what an odd decision. You are halfway through college and now decide to be closer to home? I'm sorry she lost her dear friend, I know that must be tough, but the whole point of college is to take that step forward into adulthood and away from what you've known for the first part of your life--that is the point. I mean, Aldrete must have know that to a degree or she wouldn't have come to Tennessee in the first place. Maybe I'm just perplexed because losing her is a big blow to the program--but you spend two years laying a foundation at a university--academic, athletics, new friendships, new part of the country--and then throw it all away, including your teammates, because you're homesick?

Reactions: 3 people
This is a very odd transfer....Yes she is young and death may be new to her, but it will never stay a stranger long in anyone's life...But, so be it.

Lots of talent coming in, so the loss should be tempered by a new arrivals, but I still hate her leaving.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, dang!! I'll miss seeing her play for the Big Orange. I, for one, am a big fan of Annie Aldrete. I surely hope that she finds her enter peace in whatever it may be. I wish her the best of luck in everything that she decides to do in life.

Best of luck to her she wasn't the same player this year guess she had a lot on her mind. Enjoyed watching her play.

I was told yesterday that she and Koenig are leaving. I was floored to hear about Annie and was hoping it wasn't true.

Tough news that I did not see coming. But who can predict the death of a friend? Good luck you will definitely be missed. Well I guess Overstreet just got the starting nod at catcher. Who else can catch? Norris caught the bullpen the majority of the season.

Abby Lockman -- incoming freshman.

Well this probably explains her late-season slump. I guess her heart just wasn't in it anymore. I hope she finds healing.

This is obviously a loss, but given how deep and talented UT should be next year, I don't see it as particularly catastrophic. This team is still capable of accomplishing what it wants to.

I'm sorry to hear the struggles that Annie had to go through for the last few months of the yr…Can't imagine what it was like for a 19-yr old to go through such an ordeal far away from home... But but…(I'm upset about her leaving, so please bear with me)..Other people lose more than that -- a best friend…People lose parents, siblings, cousins -- immediate family members…extended ones -- their own flesh, and still survive and thrive…and finish what they started. Family members get stabbed, run over, shot at…murdered….But the person endures and comes out on top…I empathize but cannot totally buy into what she's saying…I suspect something else went awry, and maybe even a chemistry issue (?!)…Best of luck to you Annie. You will be missed...

People leave programs to be closer to home all the time. And it also happens because of deaths of people they are close to. This is nothing new. Annie is VERY far away from home. Keep that in mind.

Annie loves UT. I know this for a fact. She was UT all the way when she was being recruited and her family is good friends with the Schutzler family. I hope she goes somewhere like able so I can root for her.

Reactions: 2 people
This smells....Sorry folks but there is more to this. Also more to Akamine transfer(remember how UT stated she wanted to pursue beauty school?), Tobler transfer, Lewis concussions...then graduates and comes back. Watching the Supers last year I actually thought Koenig was going to kick a coaches ass. Kids disappearing during the season. Nearly 100% of these players have a high GPA, stable homes, very social, and obviously very talented. So what's the problem?? Its a bit of a mess, good luck. It's too bad, the fans in Tennessee are great and you deserve better.

I was told yesterday that she and Koenig are leaving. I was floored to hear about Annie and was hoping it wasn't true.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Tennessee said " you put the tweet out on your account and we'll release you, otherwise no deal". Nothing will surprise me.

Losing someone close to your heart can change how you perceive life going forward. At 19 I'm guessing she had a wake up call about what really is important in life. Can't blame her for wanting to be back home with her family. But she should know that Tennessee will also always be home for her.

Good luck Annie!

VN Store

Back