Tamika Catchings

Martic

I saw an article that said Tamika was engaged. Does anyone know who? Male or female? Just curious

Reactions: 1 person
It's a sad state we live in that when a news of a female BB player's engagement breaks and we have to wonder whether the partner is a male or female. One of the reasons I stopped watching or supporting WBB pretty much all together nowadays. What would we tell our kids when a tweet of Holly's engagement gets put out one day?

Reactions: 6 people
It's a sad state we live in that when a news of a female BB player's engagement breaks and we have to wonder whether the partner is a male or female. One of the reasons I stopped watching or supporting WBB pretty much all together nowadays. What would we tell our kids when a tweet of Holly's engagement gets put out one day?

You should tell them that some unfortunate people in this world are ignorant, bigoted trash who deserve no time, respect, or consideration because they are nothing more than space-takers and air-wasters. Anyone who would demean, mock, harass, or deride another simply for being gay or lesbian is a worthless piece of crap and deserves absolutely nothing in life but ridicule.

Reactions: 10 people

You don't actually have to wonder. Maybe you can get to where you can just wish her well.

Based on your post, I doubt very seriously that what you're talking about is anywhere near the top of the list of issues your child will have in this life.

Reactions: 3 people

I don't agree with homosexuality, but I respect and show love to all people no matter what is their race or sexual orientation. What people do in their personal lives and privacy of their homes is none of my business. You can disagree with something and still show love and respect.

Reactions: 7 people
I don't agree with homosexuality, but I respect and show love to all people no matter what is their race or sexual orientation. What people do in their personal lives and privacy of their homes is none of my business. You can disagree with something and still show love and respect.

Solid post, but many on here will stop reading after homosexuality, and then blast you.

You are more than entitled to your own views and opinions, and your thoughtful and polite tone is appreciated. (And I truly say that with utmost sincerity; I won’t “blast” (to use another poster’s words) you for holding an opinion which you have respectfully expressed, even though it differs monumentally from my own opinion.) However, I don’t really get your comment that you don’t agree with homosexuality. To me, that’s akin to stating that one “doesn’t agree” with red hair, left-handedness, or genius-level IQs. All are deviations from the norm, but none are inherently wrong or unnatural. To “disagree” seems a bit out in left field. I think perhaps “disapprove of” might be a slightly more reasonable term (as in, one disapproves of red hair, left-handedness, or genius-level IQs, or one disapproves of homosexuality). Of course, if anyone told me that he or she disapproved of red hair, left-handedness, or exceptionally high IQs, I’d think that was a bit silly . . . just as I think it is a bit silly to disapprove of (or disagree with if that is the term you elect to use) homosexuality. Is it because you mistakenly view homosexuality as simply a behavior, when in reality, sexuality of all stripes is an inborn trait (not unlike hair color, handedness, or IQ)? Help me understand your perspective regarding not agreeing with something that not only exists (with or without any action on the part of the person who is homosexual), but that is just as natural and immutable in its existence as having red hair, being left handed, or possessing an IQ of 160.

I fully agree that the world would be an infinitely better place if people would strive to be kinder and more compassionate to others and, if all else fails (and even if it doesn't), to mind their own business if the issue at hand doesn't involve them.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm speechless. I lament about rampant homosexuality in our modern sports, and I immediately get labelled as judgmental, bigot, homophobic, blah blah blah. Pretty soon bestiality will gain momentum as it is in Europe, be legalized (isn't it already in military?) in all 50 states, brothels will be set up, and viewed as being diverse/different from mainstream as left-handedness. Of course, scientists will come out claiming they have found such genes in our DNA makeup somewhere and the articles will be published in Nature and New England Journal of Medicine. They may win a Nobel prize and the Life magazine will put them on its cover and vote them as the People of the Year. I'm sure of that...

I'll just end by saying that I will pray earnestly for them and hope that the good Lord will lead them as He's the way, truth and life.

Reactions: 5 people
You are more than entitled to your own views and opinions, and your thoughtful and polite tone is appreciated. (And I truly say that with utmost sincerity; I won’t “blast” (to use another poster’s words) you for holding an opinion which you have respectfully expressed, even though it differs monumentally from my own opinion.) However, I don’t really get your comment that you don’t agree with homosexuality. To me, that’s akin to stating that one “doesn’t agree” with red hair, left-handedness, or genius-level IQs. All are deviations from the norm, but none are inherently wrong or unnatural. To “disagree” seems a bit out in left field. I think perhaps “disapprove of” might be a slightly more reasonable term (as in, one disapproves of red hair, left-handedness, or genius-level IQs, or one disapproves of homosexuality). Of course, if anyone told me that he or she disapproved of red hair, left-handedness, or exceptionally high IQs, I’d think that was a bit silly . . . just as I think it is a bit silly to disapprove of (or disagree with if that is the term you elect to use) homosexuality. Is it because you mistakenly view homosexuality as simply a behavior, when in reality, sexuality of all stripes is an inborn trait (not unlike hair color, handedness, or IQ)? Help me understand your perspective regarding not agreeing with something that not only exists (with or without any action on the part of the person who is homosexual), but that is just as natural and immutable in its existence as having red hair, being left handed, or possessing an IQ of 160.

I fully agree that the world would be an infinitely better place if people would strive to be kinder and more compassionate to others and, if all else fails (and even if it doesn't), to mind their own business if the issue at hand doesn't involve them.

I respect your view and would hope that you would respect mine. You have your opinion that it is an inborn trait and I have a different. I'm not here to argument whether its right or wrong, or acceptable or disapproved. My point is that you can disagree with a person's lifestyle and still treat that person with respect and show love without treating them as a deadly disease. If it none of my business of what a person does in their personal life and privacy of their home, why argue with you about my view on homosexuality? Its their life and my opinion really doesn't matter and is not important.

Reactions: 4 people
I respect your view and would hope that you would respect mine. You have your opinion that it is an inborn trait and I have a different. I'm not here to argument whether its right or wrong, or acceptable or disapproved. My point is that you can disagree with a person's lifestyle and still treat that person with respect and show love without treating them as a deadly disease. If it none of my business of what a person does in their personal life and privacy of their home, why argue with you about my view on homosexuality? Its their life and my opinion really doesn't matter and is not important.

What makes you think homosexuality isn't inborn? I'm not here to argue, either (this really isn't the forum for that), but I am curious why anyone would so readily assume homosexuality is a "lifestyle choice" when all credible modern scientific research, as well as the testimonies of countless homosexuals, attests to the exact opposite.

I'm speechless.

For someone who claims to be rendered speechless, you certainly seem to have a lot to say on this topic.

I lament about rampant homosexuality in our modern sports, and I immediately get labelled as judgmental, bigot, homophobic, blah blah blah. Pretty soon bestiality will gain momentum as it is in Europe, be legalized (isn't it already in military?) in all 50 states, brothels will be set up, and viewed as being diverse/different from mainstream as left-handedness. Of course, scientists will come out claiming they have found such genes in our DNA makeup somewhere and the articles will be published in Nature and New England Journal of Medicine. They may win a Nobel prize and the Life magazine will put them on its cover and vote them as the People of the Year. I'm sure of that...

I'll just end by saying that I will pray earnestly for them and hope that the good Lord will lead them as He's the way, truth and life.

The intellectual acumen displayed in your post is underwhelming, to say the least.

This is just ridiculous. I couldn't care less if the players, coaches, support staff, or fans are gay, straight, bisexual, or asexual. As an avid, long-time fan of women's basketball, I think it's rather pathetic that anyone who truly enjoys (enjoyed?) the sport would stop watching or supporting it simply because it is assumed (for right or wrong) that (some of) those who play/coach are gay. To be honest, that's beyond absurd to me. The personal lives of coaches, players, staff, or other fans are wholly irrelevant to anything involving the game itself. I hope, as I do for anyone, they have happy and fulfilling personal lives and that they are able to share their lives with someone whom they love and trust and respect and who loves and trusts and respects them in return -- regardless of gender. Beyond that, their personal lives are of absolutely no concern to me. It's none of my business, nor is it any of yours. Who someone goes home to at night has no bearing whatsoever on whether I enjoy watching them play/coach a basketball game.

Reactions: 2 people
Dear "Iveleague",

I'm sure having a threesome with your wife and pet dog named "Spotty", and boasting and posting pictures of such act on Instgram and FB is intellectually stimulating to folks like you. You giant of intellectual acumen! Incest -- marrying your own daughter, for example, I've heard is legal in one state, and maybe that's just a different life style to you too. There's no right or wrong, only having a different life style choice. Of course. I'm disrespectful and ignorant b/c I don't approve nor agree with such an act. While we are at it, sexual act with minor is an expression of intellectual acumen I'm pretty sure. There's a corresponding gene for every one of 'em, scientists claim.

I'm ignorant and hence no match for your intellectual prowess.

But read your bible.

I will pray for you...

VN Store

Back