How bout this Lady Vol Golf team:

Would love to watch them & the rowing team, too. Thought the SEC Network & its 2 alternate channels would bring some of the obscure sports to the forefront.

Reactions: 1 person
"Over the last decade, the Lady Volunteer golf program has been a constant force in the Southeastern Conference and on the national level under the guidance of Judi Pavόn.. Since Pavόn became head coach in 2000, the Big Orange has captured 14 tournament titles, competed at seven NCAA Championships and been a constant presence in top 25 rankings.

Individually, Lady Vols have captured 14 All-America awards, 30 All-SEC nods and 22 NGCA Academic All-America citations under the tutelage of Pavon."

Read more:

Judi Pavon Bio - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Interesting how Lady Vols program in golf, basketball, baseball, and more are better than the men

Would love to watch them & the rowing team, too. Thought the SEC Network & its 2 alternate channels would bring some of the obscure sports to the forefront.

Their next event is in Sacramento from 5/29-5/31 for the NCAA championship. Just hop a plane and cheer them on. I've watched their events at Oak Ridge a few times in the distant past. It's a fun day, especially when they're winning.

Their next event is in Sacramento from 5/29-5/31 for the NCAA championship. Just hop a plane and cheer them on. I've watched their events at Oak Ridge a few times in the distant past. It's a fun day, especially when they're winning.

Hey, Sly, I saw them once about 15 years ago in the NCAA's in Oak Ridge. You're right, it's a fun day. Easy-going, with those moments of excitement. I've always watched the Olympic crew events because of that.

The alternate channel never has a thing on it. Why is that?

I've seen the A channel used once. This was back during basketball season when a women's game was scheduled to be shown on the regular SEC channel, but the game being shown earlier ran long. They continued with the game they were already showing & moved the game I was looking for to SECA.

I'd be interested to hear why they hold onto those 2 extra channels, when they don't use them.

Hey, Sly, I saw them once about 15 years ago in the NCAA's in Oak Ridge. You're right, it's a fun day. Easy-going, with those moments of excitement. I've always watched the Olympic crew events because of that.

Mmmmmm, 15 years ago, eh? Just before I got there. :)
A chilled bottle of Yellow Tail and watching the LV's.

I've seen the A channel used once. This was back during basketball season when a women's game was scheduled to be shown on the regular SEC channel, but the game being shown earlier ran long. They continued with the game they were already showing & moved the game I was looking for to SECA.

I'd be interested to hear why they hold onto those 2 extra channels, when they don't use them.

I have Dish and several times I have seen the scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen stating that such-and-such a game is on the alternate channel, and it never is. I emailed both the SEC and Dish about it. The SEC referred me to Dish and Dish replied with a canned response that thanked me for being a valued subscriber and said nothing. I opened a chat with a Dish rep and asked about the alternate channel and boy was that rep clueless. He never could figure out what I meant by alternate channel and kept giving me channel 408 which is the normal channel for the SECN on Dish. I gave up. But there are two alternate channels listed on Dish, channels 596 and 597, and I have never seen a single bit of programming on either channel.

I have Dish and several times I have seen the scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen stating that such-and-such a game is on the alternate channel, and it never is. I emailed both the SEC and Dish about it. The SEC referred me to Dish and Dish replied with a canned response that thanked me for being a valued subscriber and said nothing. I opened a chat with a Dish rep and asked about the alternate channel and boy was that rep clueless. He never could figure out what I meant by alternate channel and kept giving me channel 408 which is the normal channel for the SECN on Dish. I gave up. But there are two alternate channels listed on Dish, channels 596 and 597, and I have never seen a single bit of programming on either channel.

There is nothing quite like corporate America. :eek:lol:

"Over the last decade, the Lady Volunteer golf program has been a constant force in the Southeastern Conference and on the national level under the guidance of Judi Pavόn.. Since Pavόn became head coach in 2000, the Big Orange has captured 14 tournament titles, competed at seven NCAA Championships and been a constant presence in top 25 rankings.

Individually, Lady Vols have captured 14 All-America awards, 30 All-SEC nods and 22 NGCA Academic All-America citations under the tutelage of Pavon."

Read more:

Judi Pavon Bio - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

She has the 8th ranked junior golfer coming in next year. She is from Virginia.

In a rain delay right now...Lady Vols are in 9th place 2 strokes out of 8th...top 8 advance to match play. They are currently showing the replay of the 3rd round until the delay is over.

I would too,you would think that the University,would give some responsible students a couple of cameras and microphones and have them do a couple of broadcast,interviews and such and stream it live

there is bound to be enough students interested in doing it ,it would be a valuable experience for those interested in broadcasting,I know i would watch

or do a replay,so they could do some editing first :)

of course these days,ESPN would want there pound of flesh,to be able to stream it live

Still enough left for them the make the top 8. A lot of holes to play for those in front of them.

Held on for a 6 seed ....we have Baylor tomorrow in the quarter finals Go Lady Vols....or whatever Im supposed to call them now

Tennessee finishes 6th in Medal Play. Top 8 teams advance to Match Play. A.J. Newell tied for 7th, Anna Newell tied for 34th, and Lucia Paolo tied for 49th. Great golf. With this recruit coming in from Virginia next year they have a real chance of winning this thing next year.

Emma Talley from Bama won the individual Medal Play championship. Watched her win the US Amateur a couple years ago.

Held on for a 6 seed ....we have Baylor tomorrow in the quarter finals Go Lady Vols....or whatever Im supposed to call them now

How about we call them the same as the other 7 teams that made match play. None of those teams had separate logos.

Nice playing by the team this week.

VN Store

Back