Four to Six SEC Teams in Champ Series

armchair

The SEC has a very good chance of having at least half the field in the NCAA softball championship series, and the conference could have six teams. The Vols and auburn are in, florida is a game up on kentucky and very likely to get in, and lsu is a game up on arizona and has a strong chance of advancing. That's four. Missouri could make it as well--they haven't played a game yet (against ucla)--and bama is close to evening up its series with Oklahoma (ahead by 2 in the 7th of game two). It's a pretty safe bet that we'll be opening the title tournament against florida, whom we just beat in the sec tourney. We''ll remember that win and be confident--and florida will be scared!

I think 4 maybe 5. I think LSU gets in. Alabama is a toss up. I don't know who they will pitch in game 3 against OU. Missouri would seem to have a large hill to climb to beat UCLA, but that's why they play the game I guess, to see who wins.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your POV) Tenn, Auburn, Fla/Ky and LSU are all on the same side of the bracket.

I think 4 maybe 5. I think LSU gets in. Alabama is a toss up. I don't know who they will pitch in game 3 against OU. Missouri would seem to have a large hill to climb to beat UCLA, but that's why they play the game I guess, to see who wins.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your POV) Tenn, Auburn, Fla/Ky and LSU are all on the same side of the bracket.

Missouri up 4-1 on UCLA..so 6 is definitely a possibility

way to screw the SEC, no?

Well there is number 4 as Bama takes out OU on a late GS..LSU has a good chance to advance..Missouri would have to take 2 from UCLA

OU out and Alabama in. That was a tough three game series. Osirio pitched something like 350 pitches in this series.

Alabama now takes on Michigan in the WCWS. Michigan beat Alabama twice during the regular season.

I've binge watched these games,,,,Great softball by many teams. Pitching is so important.
Even the losers played great.

Let's see, the 2nd place SEC team takes down the Sunbelt conference champion, the 3rd place SEC team takes down the Big 12 champion, and the 5th place SEC team takes down the ACC champion. Pretty good work so far by the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
I've binge watched these games,,,,Great softball by many teams. Pitching is so important.
Even the losers played great.

Same here, watched game after game except I fell asleep on Bama's game until after the GS... lol my little dog woke me up.

Is Uconn in this tournament? Just had to do that for the lurkers. So bad of me.

Lol! UConn is only really known for basketball. I don't think the rest of their sports are that good, which is why I don't see a major conference ever taking them. It starts with football and I think their football team is really bad.

Tennessee, Alabama, and Auburn in. Florida or Kentucky makes four SEC teams. LSU could make five and if Missouri rallies six.

Florida breaks Tennessee's scoreless inning streak record and punches their ticket to OKC...LadyVols will play them in their first game in the WCWS

Having followed and watched women's softball for the last few years, I don't want to hear some of the arguments I have heard about women's basketball anymore.

Softball has seen an explonential explosion in the both the quality of play and the amount of schools that can compete at a high level....that only women's basketball can dream of.

About 10 years ago, most schools outside of the PAC-10/12 were a complete joke.

Looks like UCLA is completely dismantling Missouri. I think they're going to be a tough out.

VN Store

Back