Kaela Davis leaving Ga Tech

Hopefully she is not looking at Tennessee unless her and Diamond have made amends. I think her commitment to Tennessee the first time is why Diamond didn't come. I don't think Holly would even consider her unless that feud is over.

Last year she put up 645 shots, 645!!!! and only made 36 percent. She took 235 threes and hit 68 for 29 percent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Hell no. That bridge has already been burned. Plus she's all about herself and only scores a lot because she takes 50 shots a game.

Reactions: 5 people
Hell no. That bridge has already been burned. Plus she's all about herself and only scores a lot because she takes 50 shots a game.

I'm sure part of that is because that is what the coach told her to do, since GT had no one else who could score. Not saying she is good for TN, I'm just saying I don't think it's fair to base her talent on her stats at GT, where she was counted on to score, even though opposing teams could face guard her.

I think she is a better player than she showed at GT. I think she never wanted to be there and it showed in her play. It was as if she was just going through the motions. Tennessee was always her dream school, but there was people getting in her ear. I have no idea what school she will land at, but I just don't see her and Diamond at the same school. I would take her. She is an elite player and a major mismatch at the guard spot at 6'2". I bet when she get at a school where she is happy, her stats and play will be much better.

Hopefully she is not looking at Tennessee unless her and Diamond have made amends. I think her commitment to Tennessee the first time is why Diamond didn't come. I don't think Holly would even consider her unless that feud is over.

Last year she put up 645 shots, 645!!!! and only made 36 percent. She took 235 threes and hit 68 for 29 percent.

These are young ladies, the feud is never over.....when time is tough...things would get bad...

Even if she wants to come here I don't see Tennessee taking her or else she and Diamond have reconciled and made amends.

Last edited:
I don't think the major problem is Kaela as a player or person. She has a family backing her that wants to run things behind the scenes. Rumor is she decommitted from Tennessee because Coach Summit would not give a scholarship to another player that the family wanted to go to school with Kaela.
If she wants to be a great player she will have to take possession of her own career and make the family butt out. She will have to become more of a team player and hopefully these are two reasons she is leaving Tech to find her own way.

I have always heard it's her Mom that tries to run things. I don't see her coming to Tn. Remember her twin brother was at TN and he left when Donnie Tyndall come in. Maybe Georgia?

Davis wanted to be at Tennessee since she was young. Her mother, however, wanted her to be the star at whichever school she landed at, and when Mercedes came here, Kendra Davis was having none of it.

She actually tried to tell Holly who to recruit, which Holly was having none of. They thought she might end up at Tennessee after reopening her recruitment, but the only reason she kept Tennessee there was so other recruits would come here. Kendra Davis tried everything to screw with Holly & Tennessee.

I don't think Tennessee would touch this situation after being burned twice by Momma Davis.

I'm surprised she last this long at Georgia Tech.

Even if she wants to come here I don't see Tennessee taking her or else she and Diamond have reconciled and made amends.

Her and Diamond never had an issue with each other. They grew up playing together.

The issue is one that Kendra Davis orchestrated. Her father, Antonio Davis, wanted her at Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea this whole notion that Kaela and Diamond had beef always baffled me. They're good friends and grew up in the same area playing basketball with and against each other. I have a feeling Diamond was in Kaela's ear at the trials telling her to go ahead and come home to Rocky Top like she did and just be happy!

Wow! You back out of your commitment to UT then go to GT and leave. Very interesting. Maybe she was tired of losing but she should have known that when she chose them.

The rumor came about that they had a feud when they both played for Kaela's father who coached the Georgia Ice team. Both Kaela and Diamond were on that team and Diamond promptly left. They had decided to go to the same school Tennessee and those plans were suddenly over after Diamond left the Georgia Ice team. Whether they had a feud or not just a rumor the fact that Diamond did not like playing for Antonio Davis is quite clear.

She could probably come in and be a good team mate. These are adult women now and they do mature emotionally and intellectually believe it or not. I'd take her in a heartbeat and so would Holly. Then she could play where she has always wanted to play.

Reactions: 1 person
For those of you who haven't been involved in following Lady Vol recruiting for the last six years this has been a tale beginning the end of her freshman year in HS and the changing of schools , she and Diamond playing and not playing together, etc. Her brother spent a year at TN she almost committed and then took a visit to Ga Tech and signed on. Did any of you attend the home game two years ago when she played in Knoxville?

She could probably come in and be a good team mate. These are adult women now and they do mature emotionally and intellectually believe it or not. I'd take her in a heartbeat and so would Holly. Then she could play where she has always wanted to play.

No, she wouldn't. It would actually take a lot for Holly to sign Kaela.

Kaela isn't, and has never been, the problem. It's her entourage.

Reactions: 4 people
If she could come in here as a team player we would have Diamond, Kaela, Cooper, and Russell four players that at one time or another were rated as top ten players by almost every service. If those four could play together as a team UConn would finally face a team that could beat them on any day of the week.

VN Store

Back