Summitt still changing the world

Slydell

Pancho
For a few cruelly brief moments, Dane Bradshaw thought he was experiencing the first big highlight of his University of Tennessee basketball career.

Approached at practice one day by legendary Lady Vols coach Pat Summitt, his chest temporarily swelled with pride as Summitt told him, "Dane, you're my son Tyler's favorite player."

Then the real reason for approaching him left her lips.

"You need to start pulling up your shorts and tying them tight," she continued. "Because if you don't, Tyler will do the same thing."

Wiedmer: Summitt still changing world | Local News | Times Free Press

Reactions: 12 people
For a few cruelly brief moments, Dane Bradshaw thought he was experiencing the first big highlight of his University of Tennessee basketball career.

Approached at practice one day by legendary Lady Vols coach Pat Summitt, his chest temporarily swelled with pride as Summitt told him, "Dane, you're my son Tyler's favorite player."

"You need to start pulling up your shorts and tying them tight," she continued. "Because if you don't, Tyler will do the same thing."

:good!:

Thanks, Sly. She is what she is. No wonder she is universally respected; she's the measuring stick others are compared to:salute: We are lucky she chose to be a Lady Vol.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought so, too. The golf story was funny and sounds just like something Pat would say.

VN Store

Back