Ladahzia Williams top 5

VOL720

2017 6'3" post Williams has an early top 5. I think she will be a special player. Ohio State, ND, Tennessee, South Carolina and UConn is her early top 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Okay...looks like it's going to be a long wait...

"Williams said she has no idea where she will play in college, but when pressed to pick at top five she mentions Ohio State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, South Carolina and Connecticut."

We were in on Williams long before any other big school. The coaches are very familiar with her, and she with them.

Is this player from a Florida school? The write up is from Bradenton Herald. If she's from Florida doesn't she want to play at UF?

Last edited:
Is this player from a Florida school? The write up is from Bradenton Herald. If she's from Florida doesn't she want to play at UF?

Well no Florida school is on that list so that tells me she is willing to go far away rather than staying instate or staying close to home. maybe she's just not interested in UF.

Last edited:
We were in on Williams long before any other big school. The coaches are very familiar with her, and she with them.

After today, I don't see this as an advantage. Tennessee jumped on Akhator very early in the process and she still went elsewhere.

We will see what Evelyn can do in the SEC. Her videos do look good. I wish her well, but I was a little disappointed. Think about the schools that never get a Diamond, Mercedes. TN has done well, not like a UConn lately, but still getting some outstanding young ladies.

Reactions: 1 person
After today, I don't see this as an advantage. Tennessee jumped on Akhator very early in the process and she still went elsewhere.

Tennessee knew about her, but wasn't very involved with her until relatively late in the process.

Completely different situation with Williams.

Reactions: 3 people

No Tennessee didn't, and that very well could be why she went elsewhere....

Hmmm...she will be right on time to step in and take Alaina Coates' spot on the roster at South Carolina....

:D

At Tennessee she has the opportunity to come in and beat out others for a position--provided she is determined and good enough.

She doesn't have to accept a position by default.

Well I know for a fact Staley promised she would be starting immediately!

Hey, might as well get our lame fabricated excuses ready now.... :shakehead:

Don't you have to go play dress-up somewhere?

The deciding factor for Akhator choosing UK over the other three programs (beyond the obvious issue of playing time and starting position) was likely the fact that UK has an assistant from Africa. That allowed UK to provide a connection and comfort level for someone who is an international player that UT simply couldn't . . . unless you expect Holly to have an assistant to represent each continent. Of course, I believe that would exceed regulations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

No player with any sense would make their whole decision on whomever was there first. That said, it is not unusal for a player to end up with a couple schools whose strengths and weaknesses roughly balance, and who was there first might be the tie-breaker. More than one recruit has indicated that being there early was worth something.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back