Much obliged for the tweet, Holly Rowe!!

VollyParton

Blue Hair
11193298_10155677888000045_8317096024029002248_n.jpg

Hope it doesn't get her banned from UT games :thud:

Reactions: 6 people
Why would it? Won't affect the decision yay or nay.

You don't know it yet OP, but you just signaled the hornets nest (aka Lady Vol fanatics who can't deal with the fact that the Lady Vols logo died when Pat got sick) to this thread.

Reactions: 1 person
Only reason they're mad about it is because now the viewers have to take a few extra seconds to figure out if they're watching the ladies play.

Why would it? Won't affect the decision yay or nay.

Disagreeing with the little man in the A.D. lost Pat Summitt her coaching position before she could make her own decision about it, and got Debby Jennings fired. He's gonna control what appears and is said on the teevee, and that could well mean UT is off-limits to a reporter who continues to say "Lady Vols". Because he's an ass about this whole thing, that's why. But no, it won't change the decision.

Still, I loved the tweet :p

Reactions: 3 people
Disagreeing with the little man in the A.D. lost Pat Summitt her coaching position before she could make her own decision about it, and got Debby Jennings fired. He's gonna control what appears and is said on the teevee, and that could well mean UT is off-limits to a reporter who continues to say "Lady Vols". Because he's an ass about this whole thing, that's why. But no, it won't change the decision.

I think you underestimate Alzheimer's...and allowing her to open-endedly coach that final season AFTER she self-admitted slipping on details and other vital components of coaching? Most ADs would not have facilitated that IMO. Hart tried to do the right thing and still got castigated for it.

Reactions: 5 people
I think you underestimate Alzheimer's...and allowing her to open-endedly coach that final season AFTER she self-admitted slipping on details and other vital components of coaching? Most ADs would not have facilitated that IMO. Hart tried to do the right thing and still got castigated for it.

He publicly said the decision was for her to make, and she had publicly said she would be deciding over the off-season, but instead he fired her DURING the NCAA run in a meeting with her.

Of course, he also said abolishing the Lady Vols name & logo was not being discussed.

Watch yer back, Holly Rowe!

Reactions: 2 people
He publicly said the decision was for her to make, and she had publicly said she would be deciding over the off-season, but instead he fired her DURING the NCAA run in a meeting with her.

Of course, he also said abolishing the Lady Vols name & logo was not being discussed.

We remember it differently...maybe we should check with a doctor.

Volly,you are correct on this. Doesn't affect Bama Dave sycophants, though, from speaking up. I'm like you----they will always be Lady Vols.

Good grief: PS should have retired years before she did so. She was not well.

No! Pat Summitt earned the right to go out on her own terms,not be pushed out. Such are the perils when the department head has no clue or care about Tennessee or Lady Vol tradition.

Reactions: 4 people
Even the announcers (Beth Mowins) were saying "Lady Vols" during last night's TV game. Ain't nobody gonna get in trouble for saying that name.

My comment is not on the wisdom of branding or the lack of same but on reality of the issue of how UT women's teams are referred to at large, not officially or unofficially, not by the administration, coaches, or the media but by everyday people that constitute the vast majority.

For me, other women's sports at UT other than basketball are still the Lady Vols no matter what the official UTAD designation might be. I am not against branding but I am also a creature of habit and tradition. A rose by any other name. You call them Vols and I call them Lady Vols, same difference. I know they are the Vols but I will continue to refer to all UT female sports as Lady Vols. I may not fully appreciate the value of the branding exercise, but this is no different to me than calling someone who has a formal name of Katherine by her nickname of Katie. But that is just me.

Other schools have made the transition without any issue so why shouldn't UT? I am still a little independent in that I don't think that "one size fits all" applies to everything all the time. There are differences and the differences are the spice of life. Personally, this issue doesn't rise to the same level of importance as something like changing the school colors. If UT wants to call its women's teams Vols or Lady Vols, then that is its decision. Like one poster says, it shouldn't take too long to figure out the Vols who are playing are women. Simply Lady Vols is what I know and I am an old dog who will not be taught new tricks on this topic.

So, how long will it be before the Vols (female athletes other than basketball) will no longer be referred to as Lady Vols? My thinking it will be a long time and much longer still since the basketball team is referred to as the Lady Vols. I think many fans (most?) will refer to other women's teams as Lady Vols also. The only way that I see this not continuing to happen is enough female athletes as UT complain about the use of Lady Vols in reference to their team sport. But as long as the basketball team is referred to officially as the Lady Vols, I find it hard to believe a lot of people will take the time to differentiate between basketball and all other sports. I may be wrong but I've been wrong before.

We remember it differently...maybe we should check with a doctor.

I think a doctor would have said, "Why not let her finish up the season? She DID just win the SECT." (And if you had been there, you would have seen her coaching up the team, esp Stricklen.) Hart lets his ego get in the way of good sense.

I think a doctor would have said, "Why not let her finish up the season? She DID just win the SECT." (And if you had been there, you would have seen her coaching up the team, esp Stricklen.) Hart lets his ego get in the way of good sense.

Maybe when Hart met with her and had to make a decision he was privy to more than us? I'm not sure a doctor would have used the SEC Tournament as part of his diagnosis.

People that HAS NO CLUE about Alzheimers and was not close to Pat, her son and Holly was her mouth piece when she was out and about protecting her dignity. Speaking to her Church 2 years before she quit, It was obvious she was on the Alzheimers path.

I say that because I have a mother in law that has it and if you look for the right signs you will be able to tell them. Hart treated her better than most AD would have, sorry to bust your :run: VollyParton

Last edited:
People that HAS NO CLUE about Alzheimers and was not close to Pat, her son and Holly was her mouth piece when she was out and about protecting her dignity. Speaking to her Church 2 years before she quit, It was obvious she was on the Alzheimers path.

I say that because I have a mother in law that has it and if you look for the right signs you will be able to tell them. Hart treated her better than most AD would have, sorry to bust your :run: VollyParton

You aren't busting anyone's anything. You are right. It's really not hard to understand. The woman has a mental illness. She wasn't going to give up UT. That's her life outside her son. Hart did what needed to be done. Pat doesn't need to spend the rest of her years trying to protect everything she's built here. Her legacy will never be forgotten. Hart wants to unite UT as one. He wants to get away from the "Lady" Vols and let's just all be Vols. When you think of Lady Vols what comes to your mind? Pat! That's her brand. Let's leave it to her and move on to something new before we ruin what the "Lady" Vols really stands for...

You aren't busting anyone's anything. You are right. It's really not hard to understand. The woman has a mental illness. She wasn't going to give up UT. That's her life outside her son. Hart did what needed to be done. Pat doesn't need to spend the rest of her years trying to protect everything she's built here. Her legacy will never be forgotten. Hart wants to unite UT as one. He wants to get away from the "Lady" Vols and let's just all be Vols. When you think of Lady Vols what comes to your mind? Pat! That's her brand. Let's leave it to her and move on to something new before we ruin what the "Lady" Vols really stands for...

"Lady" Vols stands for all the the lady playing sports at Tennessee not just basketball. "Lady" Vols is not Pat it is all the young Ladies.

Reactions: 2 people

Fahr Hart. Bring back Hamilton. Bring back all the dead weight. Raise ticket prices. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

LV SB is smoking hot right now and at the right time. They will play #1 fla in the SECT semis today at 4:30 ct on ESPNU. Proud of our young team! :clapping: :rock:

VN Store

Back