Lady Vols Logo

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
I just watched this from WVLT and didn't see a place to add a comment

What's in a brand? The Lady Vols brand.

I was going to say that I thought that Hart and company were out of touch with the fans and what they want or they don't care,it does seem they care more about what Nike wants

I do think they will try and do away with the womens basketball team being called the Lady Vols,in a few years,it is coming,they just don't won't to do it now,they have all ready done away with the logo on other womens sports

like I have said in other threads,they don't care or didn't expect any back lash,which shows there lack of concern for what us fans or ex players think

and yes I have seen where current employees agree with it,but it is there job to agree with Hart or they might lose there jobs,so I personally don't put a whole lot of stock into them

if I have missed where a comment should go please tell me,if not send a e mail to sportstips@wvlt-tv.com and ask where it is,if you feel the same way as I do

so I am just pissed about the whole damn thing and thought I would start another thread about it :)

Reactions: 11 people
Don't like the ideal of getting rid of "Lady Vols "for any women's sport...don't give a damn what year it is, and don't think much of anyone trying to get rid of it.

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 6 people
Waiting for the PC poster "reverseosmosis" to come here & to tell us how UT Lady Vols fans are still living in the 20th Century glory days of the "Lady Vols" namesake & how we need to be more evolving & living in the 21st Century with this new name changed to be identified for all UT sports (men's & women's) to be under "one" name.

Reactions: 3 people
Waiting for the PC poster "reverseosmosis" to come here & tell us UT Lady Vols fans that we are still living in the 20th Century glory days of the "Lady Vols" namesake & how we need to be more evolving & living in the 21st Century with this new name changed to be identified for all UT sports (men's & women's) to be under "one" name.

Well we are One Tennessee

OnTNBackFinalps-189007_207x136.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Well we are One Tennessee

OnTNBackFinalps-189007_207x136.jpg

Does it really matter (Ok don't kill me) but if its not on the shirt will you stop calling them Lady Vols, its just about making 1 HUGE brand that is known everywhere instead of 2 Medium size brands.

Think of this way, If we go with 1 Tennessee and have 10 million twitter follows that becomes a powerful signature.

Or we stay with 2 brands and 1 having 1 million twitter followers and the other has 2 million.

Why does it matter, with Power you have more INFLUIENCE where, when, why and how you do business like any Billionaire.

If you want Tennessee become even more powerful in the college arena then you want to be "ONE TENNESSEE" because it will help bring more money, and better players to Tennessee. Build better facilities than we have now, to become a global brand = $

Some of our posters need to just get over Dave Hart being from Bama, he is doing more for Tennessee than any past AD did in years.

Flame away. :good!:

Last edited:
Does it really matter (Ok don't kill me) but if its not on the shirt will you stop calling them Lady Vols, its just about making 1 HUGE brand that is known everywhere instead of 2 Medium size brands.

Think of this way, If we go with 1 Tennessee and have 10 million twitter follows that becomes a powerful signature.

Or we stay with 2 brands and 1 having 1 million twitter followers and the other has 2 million.

You asked for it :ermm:
Your math leaves a little to be desired. With 2 brands we have 3 million followers, but with 1 brand we have 10 million ? You mean to tell me that with ONE brand, we will pick up and ADDITIONAL 7 million followers that we would not have HAD otherwise? S-T-R-E-T-C-H.

Reactions: 5 people

Why does it matter, with Power you have more INFLUIENCE where, when, why and how you do business like any Billionaire.

If you want Tennessee become even more powerful in the college arena then you want to be "ONE TENNESSEE" because it will help bring more money, and better players to Tennessee. Build better facilities than we have now, to become a global brand = $

Some of our posters need to just get over Dave Hart being from Bama, he is doing more for Tennessee than any past AD did in years.

Flame away. :good!:

No need to...you did great. :good!:

You asked for it :ermm:
Your math leaves a little to be desired. With 2 brands we have 3 million followers, but with 1 brand we have 10 million ? You mean to tell me that with ONE brand, we will pick up and ADDITIONAL 7 million followers that we would not have HAD otherwise? S-T-R-E-T-C-H.

Maybe so, but with 2 brands you have 2 directions and not so many followers get on the BANDWAGON, but with 1 brand everyone follows.

Last edited:
Maybe so, but with 2 brands you have 2 directions and not so many followers get on the BANDWAGON, but with 1 brand everyone follows.

Girlfriend's daughter is in softball and has been active in summer tournaments out of state. Before she even met me she was interested in Vols gear but didn't like the Lady Vols brand. She just wanted the Power T. Not suggesting that we cater to that segment, but it's an objective view to consider.

I did get a reply from Rick Russo at WVLT

here is his reply

Hi "me" and thanks for writing. That part of dealing with the web is out of my control. I was told
that If viewers would like to share their comments, they're invited to do so on the WVLT Facebook page at
www.facebook.com/wvlt8.”
Thanks again for reaching out!

Rick

the departments getting merge doesn't bother me to much,although where did all the women go to ?were they incorporated under the Power T and just disappeared ?

Of course the ones still on the payroll are all for the merge,which they don't have much room to say what they think,I assume

but why take the Lady Vols logo away ? that is a very highly respected logo in any womens sports and has been rightly earned,through many years of playing, of some hard fought competition and earning the respect of other teams throughout the nation

they have merged the mens and womens sports now,why take away what the Lady Vols have earned ? everybody knows who the Power T is and who the Lady Vols are ,there is no doubt about that

now womens sports are suppose to lose there hard earned name? I don't like it and many others don't,I do dare to say that our beloved Coach Pat Summitts team will lose the logo of the mighty Lady Vol of Tennessee in the near future

just think of what Coach Summit has done for all of womens sports,she drove her team around in a station wagon,washed there uniforms,did everything she could,to advance The Lady Vols name and logo and carried womens basketball to where it is at today,all on sheer grit ,determination and the will to be the best

and now they want to take away the name of the Lady Vols ,just to appease what Hart,Cheek and Nike think is the best for the program now

sad isn't it ?

the departments getting merge doesn't bother me to much,although where did all the women go to ?were they incorporated under the Power T and just disappeared ?...now womens sports are suppose to lose there hard earned name? I don't like it and many others don't,I do dare to say that our beloved Coach Pat Summitts team will lose the logo of the mighty Lady Vol of Tennessee in the near future

just think of what Coach Summit has done for all of womens sports,she drove her team around in a station wagon,washed there uniforms,did everything she could,to advance The Lady Vols name and logo and carried womens basketball to where it is at today,all on sheer grit ,determination and the will to be the best

and now they want to take away the name of the Lady Vols ,just to appease what Hart,Cheek and Nike think is the best for the program now

sad isn't it ?

Govmule, I am with you on this one. I think it is very sad and a major branding mistake to discard such a valuable history (Coca-Cola learned that lesson way back when they tried to drop their original formula). The reality is that there is a clear divide between the protect the tradition crowd and the all in for the power T crowd. Unfortunately, from my pov, the power lies with the latter. The protests from former LVs have not had much impact. I agree if the current admin. stays in power, it is only a matter of time until the LVs is completely cast to the dustbin of history. Yeah, at that point we can be just like everyone else:no:

Reactions: 4 people

Yankee, when I asked if you were Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force, or Coast Guard, it took you six minutes to proudly respond, "Army". Do you not feel a part of your brothers in the other Armed Forces? I am sure you did not mean to denigrate them by proudly claiming to be "Army" as opposed to 'we are all one, there is no difference in the Armed Forces'. That is what the Lady Vols feel. Yes, they are All One. Just as you and your service brothers are. Being proud of being a Lady Vol and wanting to claim that well earned title is no different than when you proclaim "Army". They are both something that identifies you and you are proud to have earned. It makes them no less a UT Vol than proclaiming Army makes you less a member of the US Armed Services.

I appreciate your service and I believe you have the right to proudly claim "ARMY" and to wear a uniform that identifies you as such. I just feel the UT female athletes should have the same right.

Reactions: 7 people
well everyone seems to think Nike uniforms will lure recruits, so .... out recruit UCONN or stay with Adidas and the logo,and watch UCONN get the big names ? :rolleyes:

well everyone seems to think Nike uniforms will lure recruits, so .... out recruit UCONN or stay with Adidas and the logo,and watch UCONN get the big names ? :rolleyes:

This is a false dichotomy. There is absolutely no reason we could not stay with Nike and keep the logo and name. Our uniforms can be whatever Nike would have had anyway.

There is no conceivable upside to the change. We aren't going to draw any more viewers or sell any more apparel. But we have caused a huge amount of bad publicity. We couldn't afford to buy the sort of articles that have been published about this in the NY Times, ESPN etc... and all of it negative.

It is an own goal and was completely foreseeable and preventable.

Here is the truth about marketing companies. They sell change. If you have multiple logos they will tell you to combine your brands. If you have one brand they will say split them up. It is how they make their money. No one is going to pay them to come in and say "Meh, it doesn't make a helluva lot of difference either way. Now give me a check."

It is all just talk about how having ONE BRAND (cue heavenly strings) will bring us riches beyond imagining. Whatever riches we get can be gotten with the Lady's keeping their logo and name as easily as without. We still have to call them something other than the Vol basketball team because otherwise no one will know who the hell we are talking about--- the men or women? So given that calling them the same thing is not an option we might as well keep the brand we built.

It doesn't matter so much with most of the other sports since only women play softball and the other sports are such niche interests that no one would know if you called them whatever popped into your head.

Reactions: 1 person
Has anyone at any point in their fandom felt that we were not "one Tennessee"?
And for those who HAVE felt we were not all "one Tennessee", was/is the problem the Lady Vols brand & logo?

(Still trying to figure out what the problem is that eliminating the Lady Vols is going to fix.)

Reactions: 4 people
Not sure how taking "Lady" out of a logo makes him more virile, but hey! Making sense ain't essential in this argument.

Reactions: 1 person
There is no argument for dropping the LV brand that holds water. None. As each argument is shot down, they drop back to another stand. It would be nice if at some point the real reason surfaced.

Maybe the fact that there are "lines" in the first place? Seems like feeling the need to put Lady in front of a logo is divisive in itself. If we trotted out Gentleman Vols in Neyland, we be begging for a buggering we would. :)

VN Store

Back