Baylor at Tennessee - 2016

Well of course they will...Baylor is back in contention...therefore they will start playing more teams that are considered a threat. Bring it on! I'd love to see Mulky stomping in frustration on the sidelines when we beat them.

Reactions: 3 people
We need to get some Posts players in 2016 for sure. They will have a very large frontline with Davis/Brown/Mompremier.

Diamond is better than all of them though.

Reactions: 4 people
Both teams will be stacked. Hopefully we will have added some quality post players to go along with Russell to battle Davis, Brown and Mompremiere. Will be a marquee matchup and I'm sure ESPN will pick up this game.

Reactions: 1 person
Well of course they will...Baylor is back in contention...therefore they will start playing more teams that are considered a threat. Bring it on! I'd love to see Mulky stomping in frustration on the sidelines when we beat them.

Baylor didn't have a choice in this one, the matchups were assigned by an agreement of the conferences.

Baylor didn't have a choice in this one, the matchups were assigned by an agreement of the conferences.

So I take this as the game is not part of a renewed series? I didn't expect it to be, and I think you just confirmed it.

Any idea why we were left out in 2017?

I want a Duke series since the UNC series has ended. Or another PAC-12 series to help recruiting on the west coast.

How is the OOC schedule for this year?
at Oregon St
vs. Texas
at Notre Dame
at Wichita St
vs Rutgers

@ Stanford
vs. UTC

La Tech was supposed to be coming here, but it had to be moved. Not sure if Wichita State was a two game series or just the one. I think MTSU is back on the schedule again. In talks with a Big10 school for two game series.

Does anybody know where we ended this year as far as strength of schedule? I thought our out of conference schedule was a little light this year.

I just hope that this years OOC is better than last years. Last years was weak compared to other seasons

When big programs refuse to play you, it's hard to schedule. Duke has continuously refused up until now. Maryland will not play us. Baylor dropped us when Griner left. UNC dropped us when Diamond left. UConn is obvious.

Texas was close to dropping us until Aston started reeling in recruits, then changed her mind.

It also hurts when you have a travel budget that doesn't allow for many trips.

Reactions: 2 people
So I take this as the game is not part of a renewed series? I didn't expect it to be, and I think you just confirmed it.

Any idea why we were left out in 2017?

No, the conferences tried to match teams that they felt would make for matchups that would be both competitive and compelling. So this was a one-time deal.

Since there are only 10 teams in the Big XII, four SEC teams were left out each season. Thus, Tennessee, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, LSU, Auburn, Mizzou, Ole Miss and A&M each only play one of the two years.

Reactions: 1 person
When big programs refuse to play you, it's hard to schedule. Duke has continuously refused up until now. Maryland will not play us. Baylor dropped us when Griner left. UNC dropped us when Diamond left. UConn is obvious.

Texas was close to dropping us until Aston started reeling in recruits, then changed her mind.

It also hurts when you have a travel budget that doesn't allow for many trips.

But didn't we used to travel more? I know some teams, Baylor, UNC, etc., chose not to play us and that is beyond our control. But we still play a lot of competitive teams like Stanford and Texas. So did the travel budget get whacked and the money is no longer available for the team to travel or did the program back off playing OOC competitive teams?

But didn't we used to travel more? I know some teams, Baylor, UNC, etc., chose not to play us and that is beyond our control. But we still play a lot of competitive teams like Stanford and Texas. So did the travel budget get whacked and the money is no longer available for the team to travel or did the program back off playing OOC competitive teams?

From what I've heard, Holly was only able to make three big trips last year in OOC (Texas, Notre Dame, & Rutgers). The other games were either at home, or able to travel by bus (Lipscomb, UTC.) The travel budget wasn't as large as in the past. Having the SEC Network up and running, and the money that comes from that, will help going forward IMO.

VN Store

Back