One opinion - 50 greatest female athletes in last 20 yrs

Horrible list. While I agree with a few of the top picks like Sorenstam and Williams many of the people on the list shouldn't be on the list.

Reactions: 1 person
You certainly can't have a golfer at No. 1! I don't have a problem with having a couple of golfers on the list--but golf is not the first sport that comes to mind when one thinks of great athletes and athleticism. There is some athleticism, but it's mostly a skill, much like, say, archery or car racing. You're going to put a golfer ahead of Serena Williams?

Reactions: 2 people
You certainly can't have a golfer at No. 1! I don't have a problem with having a couple of golfers on the list--but golf is not the first sport that comes to mind when one thinks of great athletes and athleticism. There is some athleticism, but it's mostly a skill, much like, say, archery or car racing. You're going to put a golfer ahead of Serena Williams?

Agreed generally, but I don't think any golfers should be on a greatest athletes list. It's a skill not a sport, like throwing darts. There may be athletes who are also golfers but being a golfer does not make you an athlete. JMO....

Reactions: 1 person
I agree whole heartedly with Armchair. Golf certainly requires a level of skill (that I will never have) as does auto racing. Neither should be included in this list.

It is also a little disappointing that one of the greatest US female athletes isn't on this list. I know her 'playing days' were over pretty much in the 70's but she is still the coach of Florida Atlantic University's softball team (btw she has been named coach of the year in her conference 5 times)

For those who never heard of Joan Joyce
Joan Joyce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Terrible list. Diggins isn't even one of the top 50 basketball players of the last 20 years. I've never seen an athlete get as much undeserved hype as her.

And Candace Parker at 40 is an abomination.

Reactions: 4 people
Terrible list. Diggins isn't even one of the top 50 basketball players of the last 20 years. I've never seen an athlete get as much undeserved hype as her.

How do you put one of the few women who can dunk a basketball at number 40?

Diggins is a hottie , so she gets in on that alone

Taurasi is not 37 places more significant than Parker. Forgetting the UCOnn and UT stuff, that is just stupid.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back