SEC Network +

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live

Day: Saturday
Date: Apr. 25, 2015
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET

you should be able to stream the game from

SEC Network +

it isn't showing any audio for the game,for some reason ,here is the game tracker link

CBSSports.com GameTracker - Women's Softball

the Lady Vols are ranked 12th

Alabama is ranked 6th

it would be great to see the Lady Vols win the series,but the Bammers are going to be tuff

a strong finish to the season would be great,this series and then Ky and the season will be over

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
Saturday game will be at the same time as the Orange and White game, so that probably explains the no audio. It seems once the radio deal kicks in at the start of SEC play, if it's not on the radio, there's no internet broadcast either. That's how it was for the Virginia Tech game last week.

Haylie McCleney will be almost impossible to keep off the bases. The LV's might as well just let her walk out of the dugout to first base every time it's her turn to bat. Her batting average is a gabillion.

The LV's took one from Auburn and one from LSU so it's reasonable to assume they can take one from Alabama. But the injuries to Aldrete, Gabriel, and Aucoin make this very tough. I don't know what the status of those three is but if none of them can go, this will be three losses probably. I hope for the best.

I am hoping for one game and if we get two even better. Three amazing. Regardless of how it turns out were looking good for fifth place and we'll meet Ole Miss in the first round. So it want be that bad even if we don't get the bye.

Ladies better have their panties on tight. They're not going to be nice to us down there.

GM...thanks for the info! Agree with a lot of these posts...well, we'll see. That's why they play the game..:clapping:

GO LADYVOLS!

Finally a little something on the injuries. This is the first I have seen this. From the UT site:

A Weekend In The Life - Tennessee Softball - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

"Annie Aldrete...injured her left arm in a midweek game at East Tennessee State..."

"...Junior Erin Gabriel was hit on her pitching wrist by an errant ground ball in the morning practice prior to her start at Auburn two weeks ago...dealt with swelling..."

"...Gretchen Aucoin...tweaked her shoulder warming up in the bullpen the same ETSU game that saw Aldrete injured..."

I feel a little bit better about this series knowing that Annie will be back. Along with Aucoin and Gabriel if they are both still healthy after coming back last weekend.
I have heard that Overstreet will not play as she got injured in practice yesterday. And she had just started having some really good at bats the last few games. I am staying optimistic and saying we can take at least 2 out of 3.
Beat Bama!!!! Go Lady Vols!

I feel a little bit better about this series knowing that Annie will be back. Along with Aucoin and Gabriel if they are both still healthy after coming back last weekend.
I have heard that Overstreet will not play as she got injured in practice yesterday. And she had just started having some really good at bats the last few games. I am staying optimistic and saying we can take at least 2 out of 3.
Beat Bama!!!! Go Lady Vols!

Geez, we could have used her. She was starting to have not good but great at bats. Loved to have her out in the outfield if not behind the plate. Why are these girls getting injured in practice?

Best I've ever seen Gabriel pitch. Her rise ball was virtually unhittable and her change up was outstanding. Hope this gives her the confidence she needs. Unbelievable win.

Helluva win. Only time all season I wished Ralph hadn't put Gaffin in. Not sure what has happened to her (Gaffin), but Gabriel is very slowly turning into the pitcher Ralph keeps saying she will be. Congratulations LV softball. I will sleep well tonight!

When I saw Gabriel come in against MSU the other day and pitch a few innings I thought that was the best I've ever seen her throw. Her technique and delivery where she is getting a lot of mechanical leverage and spin on the ball is probably where it was when the Weekleys saw her in high school and she is just getting back to there. If she stays injury free she could finish out her career on a very high note this year and next.

how can you sleep well tonight knowing that Glory J and her she man are feuding, LVJeff?

Agreed Sandvol. And this is such a young team, too, as evidenced by all the strike-outs (the only low point for the team in this game IMO). I almost don't care if Alabama wins the next two, I feel so good about this team's future. But Gabriel, boy, she was really focused.

And those recent posts from people talking about how she was a bust or whatever.

I recorded the game but missed getting the ending because it ran long and exceeded the 30 min. extension I'd allowed for. :(

Great win hopefully we win again today.

CDUzs26VAAEJOqM.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back