Question About Gabriel

VolnJC

I think its safe to say that she has not lived up to her hype as the top high school pitcher, partly due to injuries. I remember Mickey saying once that UT had to choose between her and one other pitcher. Anyone know who this was? I wanted to see what kind of career she might be having.

Last edited:
If i remember correctly UT passed on Nunley who went on to play for Kentucky. Gabriel was the more highly touted of the two at the time. you win some, you lose some.

yeah I wasn't faulting the coaches..Gabriel was very highly ranked..Nunley had two good years but has a losing record this year

Kelsey Nunley Bio - Kentucky Wildcats Official Athletic Site

Nunley has never had the offensive support that UT usually has. She did take KY to the WCWS last year, and it would have been interesting to see how she would have done at UT...but...Gabriel's story isn't over yet and the improvements she made from last year to this year have been huge. If she can grow again next year, and then with the incoming class taking some of the burden off, I think she will play her last NCAA game in OKC and I hope to be there to see it.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back