CB goes to L.A. Sparks with the 14th Pick

I suspect she won't make the final roster though

Before this season, I would have agreed with you. She really turned things around for her final year. I think she has a chance, but it would be at the high post, not the wing. She could be a serviceable backup for Nneke with her rebounding and mid-range game.

If Candace has anything to say about it, she will be on the roster. With CP being out, they need rebounders, and that is Cierra's specialty.

I suspect she won't make the final roster though

She may have to do what Meighan did and go oversees. Meighan is now with Seattle. It will be interesting to see if she survives with what they have coming in this season. I sure do wish her well.

I actually think that CB has a chance because at times she played really good. I think she is physical enough but will need to work on her offense. She will also need to cool her temper. Although her ocassional offensive mishaps might have been the system and not her ability.

On another subject surrounding the draft, ND just took a step back with Lloyd turning pro early. Looking at what they have coming in and Lloyd I figured at worse we would have another potential 2016 championship game of UCONN versus ND. I have to think that Tennessee and USC are in position to not only make the final four but actually challenge UCONN for the championship. It will be interesting to see if MaGraw can challenge, she is a very good coach but we have a challenger for the Wooden Award in Diamond D.

If Candace has anything to say about it, she will be on the roster. With CP being out, they need rebounders, and that is Cierra's specialty.

I think you are on to something there. Her odds are making the team are a little long but that is true for any player who is not a first draft pick. There are a lot of really good, experienced players chasing a very small number of slots.

But, if Cierra can define herself as the kind of blue collar, crash the board, win the lose balls and who can hit mid range jump shots, I think she could definitely find a place with the Sparks. I can really see her beating the odds.

VN Store

Back