Jewell Loyd Declares for the WNBA Draft

I didn't see this coming. This really gives the LV a great chance to make Monday night next April. No excuses now.

I seen a link somewhere,that said playing over seas was the way to go for the big bucks in Womens Pro Basketball,that may have something to do with it,or she is tiered of college life or cutting good grades

all just speculation on my part

I see no problem with it especially if she already has her degree or is on track to get it. Draya could leave next year if she wants to with her class.

I didn't see this coming. This really gives the LV a great chance to make Monday night next April. No excuses now.
LOL Think Tuesday Night would be more to their liking... Monday Night is the Men's Championship game and something tells me they will not make it to that game. EVER

Reactions: 1 person
This really puts a dent in Notre Dame. They will still be a great team but she was the go to player. I guess she is 22 years old and has graduated that seems to be the rules you have to follow.

We could see this happen with Diamond in a couple years and I expect a lot of players may go this route if they graduate early.

I think ND will surprise next year.... losing jewel is a big ouch, but muffet knows how to compensate.... she is a really good coach...... and my belief is in her ability to fit the pieces together..... Lindsay Allen is really going to be focused on more so now

We could see this happen with Diamond in a couple years and I expect a lot of players may go this route if they graduate early.

Diamond has said she plans to use her three years at Tennessee. I think the rumor of her leaving is wishful thinking on the part of fans who know how good she is, and will be the face of WCBB after Stewart leaves.

Should be a two person race for POY next year between Stewart and Diamond.

Reactions: 1 person
I seen a link somewhere,that said playing over seas was the way to go for the big bucks in Womens Pro Basketball,that may have something to do with it,or she is tiered of college life or cutting good grades

all just speculation on my part

A lot of them play both during the year. I've seen several articles where they make 10-12 times their salary in Europe.

Candace Parker did the same thing. She had a medical red shirt her freshman year and after winning back-to-back and with her degree she left with a year of eligibility left. It's not that it this is going to be a trend but it will happen if the young lady is not interested in graduate school and is a good as Jewel Loyd is. And if I had to guess, I would say she doesn't think her team will be able to knock off UConn next year so why come back if you don't think you can win it all ...

Candace Parker did the same thing. She had a medical red shirt her freshman year and after winning back-to-back and with her degree she left with a year of eligibility left. It's not that it this is going to be a trend but it will happen if the young lady is not interested in graduate school and is a good as Jewel Loyd is. And if I had to guess, I would say she doesn't think her team will be able to knock off UConn next year so why come back if you don't think you can win it all ...

This isn't the same as Candace. Jewell hasn't graduated yet and doesn't have her degree from ND. She is forfeiting her fourth year of eligibility. She is the first true underclassmen to declare for the WNBA early. Others have left early, but not straight to the WNBA.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back