Lady Vols are so loaded with talent ....

1standgoal

The Lady Vols are so loaded with talent they could even go to a platoon system rotation. Orange Team
Carter
Reynolds
Deshields
Graves
Russell

White Team
Middleton
Jones
Jackson
Nared
Moore

Reactions: 1 person
We will have a lot of talent next year. The big question is whether individual players will work on their weaknesses, whether we will get enough good outside shooting--and, most important, whether the coaches can meld this group into a great team. We have a lot of very good pieces, there is no question about that.

Were only talented on paper. A lot of these players have never played together and we need to see a lot of the returning players improve. We need to make sure that certain players take the most shots. Players that shoot bad percentages should try to limit their shot attempts.
It is the best roster we've had in a very long time to start a season. I actually feel there is two or three elite players that can play at another level when games are on the line something I think we have been missing.

We will have a lot of talent next year. The big question is whether individual players will work on their weaknesses, whether we will get enough good outside shooting--and, most important, whether the coaches can meld this group into a great team. We have a lot of very good pieces, there is no question about that.

And i also think Holly should give every player a fair shot at being a starter. And like you said each individual player need to work on there weaknesses over the summer.

You left tucker and cooper out!! If jannah is able to return healthy, she could be that X factor, the missing link, the player that could put us over the top for a national championship.

Reactions: 4 people
We have a lot of Good players. When Pat was winning championships we always had at least one great player. That's been the difference no great players. No great post player no great shooters. That get you beat in the sweet 16 or elite 8.

Great post on the day after UCONN just won their 10th championship.

I am sorry and no disrespect to the Lady Vols, but at this moment, it is not fair to put the Lady Vols in the same sentence with UConn.
th
Go ahead, flame away!

Reactions: 2 people
The Lady Vols are so loaded with talent they could even go to a platoon system rotation. Orange Team
Carter
Reynolds
Deshields
Graves
Russell

White Team
Middleton
Jones
Jackson
Nared
Moore

Adding Tucker and Cooper makes this roster even better. But, even with 12 great athletes can the LVs be a good team...can they make layups, hit easy jumpers and some threes, make their foul shots, not turn the ball over especially after they cause a turnover on the other team...these are the questions...UCONN doesn't make these mistakes and plays good team basketball.

I agree. I think we are a pretty good free throw shooting team but we have to make open shots. That's what happened to ND last night. They we cut it to 6 then miss an open shot and UConn would hit a 3.

We have a lot of Good players. When Pat was winning championships we always had at least one great player. That's been the difference no great players. No great post player no great shooters. That get you beat in the sweet 16 or elite 8.

I don't think the LVs have a decided talent advantage over any other top 10 team.

For ND, UCONN, SC, Baylor, Standford, Maryland, Duke, NC, etc. you could make a similar list.

Among the top 10 or 15 teams, there is a much higher degree of player parity than ever before. The LVs when (and if) they have all hands on deck, should be able match-up in terms of athleticism and size but their cohesiveness and execution on the offensive and defensive sides will be the factors that determine whether or not they can make a legitimate run for #9.

DeShields has the potential to become the difference maker that the LVs have been lacking since CP3. However, I think she might need another year under her belt before she can approach that level of play.

Russell with two healthy feet
Jones with a cobweb free noggin
Graves with a little more lower body strength
Diamond in her freshman UNC form
Cooper with outstanding outside shooting as expected

I think we know pretty much else what we have and it is definitely enuf to reach the final four. :eek:k:

Tennessee's coaching ability needs to equal or surpass the roster's talent level. it isn't there yet. IMHO

Reactions: 3 people
I hate a platoon system. I fervently hope the coaching staff picks a lineup, sticks with it, and plays them to death. That is the only way they will hone their skills and instincts. IMO.

Adding Tucker and Cooper makes this roster even better. But, even with 12 great athletes can the LVs be a good team...can they make layups, hit easy jumpers and some threes, make their foul shots, not turn the ball over especially after they cause a turnover on the other team...these are the questions...UCONN doesn't make these mistakes and plays good team basketball.

Am I the only one who believes Dunbar is going to be a good player? I think she is going to have good range.

Am I the only one who believes Dunbar is going to be a good player? I think she is going to have good range.

It's not if one believes she will become a good player. Dunbar has to get in shape to become a good player or even to see playing time. And her movements are stiff.

I think that changes with Diamond being eligible to play next year. Plus she's been with the team for a full season now, so there really shouldn't be a learning curve with her.

The team coming together as one, and everyone knowing and accepting their roles will be the key to success next year. That and staying healthy. We would have been a final four team or better had Izzy not gotten hurt, but some can't accept that fact and blame Holly for everything. In my opinion, Holly actually did well considering the hand she was dealt with the injuries.

These young ladies know the expectations that come with being a Lady Vol, and rest assured, they will be putting in the work this off-season.

Reactions: 4 people

Not exactly true, and I can't stand Coach Cal personally, but he is good at getting the talent he has to play together as a unit. Not easy to do when you get the best of the best and only expect to have them a year or two at most. That Wisconsin team that put them out, thank the lord, had been together and played together for a few seasons. Cal pretty much has to hit the reset button each season. Where I think Calipari is over rated is in his x's and o's coaching, and pre-game prep work.

she has the potential to be a great player,she needs to work on her defensive skills and then work her way into the lineup

Here are the 1st and 2nd team

Carter, Cooper, DeShields, Graves, Russell - 1st team

Reynolds, Jones, Tucker, Nared, Moore - 2nd team

Dunbar will be the crowd favorite...............

Here are the 1st and 2nd team

Carter, Cooper, DeShields, Graves, Russell - 1st team

Reynolds, Jones, Tucker, Nared, Moore - 2nd team

Dunbar will be the crowd favorite...............

I generally agree with your starting 5. Though I think it's a close call as to whether Cooper starts from day one. I do expect her to be starting by the end of the year. If Cooper doesn't start initially, I think DD will be the wing with Carter and Reynolds in the backcourt. Not sure where Tucker fits in. There are just too many questions surrounding her.

It's not if one believes she will become a good player. Dunbar has to get in shape to become a good player or even to see playing time. And her movements are stiff.

Exactly. And I really hope she does develop but right now she seems more like a bigger version of Smallbone than say a Syd Spencer.

Of the sophomore class, Nared and Middleton look the more likely candidates to make key contributions next season.

I expect Nared to become an all-SEC player in the next two seasons and I think Middleton showed that she has a great upside. She played fairly well down the stretch but she has work to do on the athletic side of her game.

VN Store

Back