softball: 8th-graders commit to LVs

Much easier to catch the female athlete earlier because they develop so much earlier than the boys.

Too young. Sooooo much can happen between now and graduation....this may mean nothing at all.

i didn't know they could offer an 8th grader

that seems awful young for a commitment.of course I'm sure no papers were signed

Too young. Sooooo much can happen between now and graduation....this may mean nothing at all.

With softball players this is pretty much how it is. I think Shipman committed when she was 13 or 14. Plus a girl over in Maryville is probably a pretty die hard Vol fan and she must be a pretty exceptional athlete.

With softball players this is pretty much how it is. I think Shipman committed when she was 13 or 14. Plus a girl over in Maryville is probably a pretty die hard Vol fan and she must be a pretty exceptional athlete.

I used to ump AAU softball when I was in high school, 13-16 or so age range. I remember a girl from maryville who their coach openly said to me was "maybe our 3rd best pitcher" who dicked around by warming up by pitching from second base, and throwing strikes.

I saw their best pitcher the next day, and yeah. The best ones could already compete with high schoolers. Women's sports are just something different as far as dominance is concerned.

what is the age limit on committing ?

I'm trying to remember who's sister slide the Weekly's a note saying she was going to be a Lady Vol at a restaurant last year

VN Store

Back