Coach Barnes Impact!

mlindsay

I was just wondering what people thought of his hire and how it may impact our Lady Vols. I think if he is able to find success and build the mens program and get us to a few Sweet 16's in the next 3/4 years it would be a positive thing for the women's team as well. Thoughts?

Reactions: 2 people
It's a stretch to think that we'll be in the Sweet 16 in the next 3-4 years. The round of 64 and 32 are good goals to have at this point considering the condition of the program.

Hopefully he, his staff, and the BasketVols will prove me wrong.

Barnes not a home run hitter but is a solid hire..... good basketball mind... good recruiter... and a marquis name for the orange is good

For $2.3 million per, we should expect some pretty quick results. If we didn't expect some small miracles why empty the purse?

I was just wondering what people thought of his hire and how it may impact our Lady Vols. I think if he is able to find success and build the mens program and get us to a few Sweet 16's in the next 3/4 years it would be a positive thing for the women's team as well. Thoughts?

Has the success of the women's program ever helped the boys?

I highly doubt the two things will ever have correlation.

I don't think it will impact the LV's in any way. I could be wrong. But, when you have a team that is recognized internationally and has fans in every part of the world, I think you have a very marketable product. As far as Barnes goes, I wasn't very warm to the hire. But, after listening to various talking heads on several sports programs the past two days (who are a lot smarter than me), I'm starting to like.

Didnt we pay DT 1.9? I wouldn't call this emptying the purse.

This all day. Just because it's alot for us doesn't mean it's alot. Thinkin we should probably keep our expectations in check. We are the definition of dumpster fire right now. I absolutely believe Barnes can fix it, but it's gonna take a bit of time. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
This all day. Just because it's alot for us doesn't mean it's alot. Thinkin we should probably keep our expectations in check. We are the definition of dumpster fire right now. I absolutely believe Barnes can fix it, but it's gonna take a bit of time. :hi:

It's a lot easier and faster to turn a basketball program around than a football program.

A lot of times though the mens program and their support of their Women's program only helps both teams. Look at the year Uconn won the title in both sports. Or when a men and women's team reach the final four from the same school. Even when Bruce Pearl was here a few years ago, He and Pat clicked and supported one another program which Bruce often said had an impact on him and his quick turnaround at the school

Barnes $2.3 million here would rank tied for 17th in the NCAA in 2014 (he was he 11th highest). That's a lot.

How were his offensive schemes at Texas? Maybe he can offer some pointers to the LVs? They would benefit then!

he didn't help the lady longhorns while he was there. they have been going downhill for years & years.

A lot of times though the mens program and their support of their Women's program only helps both teams. Look at the year Uconn won the title in both sports. Or when a men and women's team reach the final four from the same school. Even when Bruce Pearl was here a few years ago, He and Pat clicked and supported one another program which Bruce often said had an impact on him and his quick turnaround at the school

"A lot of times", like what times? I don't you can use Con as an example, because their coaches at the time they both won hated each other, did they not? The UK men have won for years, but the UK women didn't get anywhere until UK began investing in that program. Same for Duke. Harmony among the coaches probably has a positive effects, like Pat & Bruce, but the success of one doesn't necessarily reflect on the success of the other. I think the best you can say is, "it couldn't hurt."

The basketball court could be named
"The Summitt-Barnes" if he does well.

Any success Barnes has at UT will have little to no impact on the Lady Vols.

But, a "culture" and environment of success is good for any ath dept. I want to see every team in Orange win big.
Like it or not, though, money wise it is most important for football to be successful to get the coffers full again.

VN Store

Back