Good Season Ladies

teacherdean

The Ladies played hard but in the end not enough offense. But when you consider what has happened to this team injury wise they should be commended for their success. I love you Lady Vols.

Reactions: 10 people
The Ladies played hard but in the end not enough offense. But when you consider what has happened to this team injury wise they should be commended for their success. I love you Lady Vols.

Seconded. How great will it be to have DD and Russell added to the mix next year?

Last edited:
I find it hard to watch the ladies game. That said, I watched the Gonzaga game and Holly is a terrible coach.

Reactions: 3 people
I feel very bad for Burdick, Massengale and Harrison. Carter missed so many open shots. Maryland made all of their open shots. That was the difference.

Totally agree. The defensive effort was stellar tonight. In the end, the mismatches in the post proved to be a decisive factor (particularly on the LVs offensive side). Yes, they had a fair number of open looks and missed them but, if they could have gone into the post with Izzy in crunch time, higher % shots would have been the order of the day.

It is not too hard to imagine how this game could have been very different with the Izzy and the physical presence of Jones. [This game showed that Nared needs a good year of strength work and some more experience.]

The critics will criticize but a 30 win year and a close battle in the regional final is a very respectable season under any circumstances. But given the injuries, the LVs should be proud.

Really looking forward to next season.

Reactions: 2 people
I find it hard to watch the ladies game. That said, I watched the Gonzaga game and Holly is a terrible coach.

Sorry but Holly wasn't out on the court shooting the basketball. The Lady Vols have unfortunately been inconsistent shooters all year, and this was one of their off nights. Thank you seniors and the rest of the team for your effort and hustle.

Last edited:
I wish they could all have been on the court with a healthy Russell, Jones, and Tucker. I appreciate their effort as the injuries piled up. 30 wins with the injuries we had is a great season.

Sorry but Holly wasn't out on the court shooting the basketball. The Lady Vols have unfortunately been inconsistent shooters all year, and this was one of their off nights.

You're right. The offensive strategy of just jacking up shots, most players standing around on offense, constant one on one basketball has nothing to do with her.

This team overachieved considering our injury woes. Thank you to the Lady Vol seniors. Cierra Burdick, Ariel Massengale, and Isabelle Harrison.

Reactions: 3 people
Good season Ladies. As much parity as there is in the country today, 6 losses is pretty dang good. A little short this year, maybe things will roll our way next year. Get'em next time.

Remember that as she destroys this program you seem to enjoy.

Just freakin go away. You don't have a clue!!! Team played with great effort and pride. Something you don't have being a faceless and nameless person behind your key board. So sick of hearing complain about these young ladies that gave there all tonight!!! GLV thank God you are a small majority of fan base!!! The 4 or 5 of you just post in every thread. Read the title and don't open just to spew your stupidity!!!! Other threads you can go to that have plenty of bottom feeders in it!!!

Reactions: 6 people
I wish they could all have been on the court with a healthy Russell, Jones, and Tucker. I appreciate their effort as the injuries piled up. 30 wins with the injuries we had is a great season.

I agree. I feel this team would have won SEC and made final four if they had Russell, Izzy, Jones, Tucker all healthy. SC's bigs, Gonzaga's bigs, and Maryland's bigs were more than Graves and Burdick could post up with.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back