LV fan emotional meter

madtownvol

I had the chance to watch the game with a small group transplanted Tennesseans.

First half - a sense unease building to a flat out feeling of anxiousness until the last few minutes. With the tying 3 pt shot, we had a palpable sense of relief and a guarded sense of confidence going into the 2nd half.

Second half: disbelief followed by deep concern turning to despair when the deficit hit 17 and then Graves looked like she might out with a shoulder injury.

Then, we had a sense of frustration when the LVs started to up their intensity and chip away at the lead (too little, too late, why not five minutes early); then came the budding hope as the ZAGS became more and more rattled down the stretch; then a tempered a joy at getting to OT (why did we have too miss one FT) and of course all out elation when the OT buzzer sounded. What an emotional roller coaster.

Quick notes - Burdick took over!! Not just her points nad rebounds but he defensive effort against bigger post players. She really took away the Zags preferred options.

Massengale - a much needed steadying influence down the stretch.

Reynolds - match up nightmare for the Zags.

Middleton and Nared - excellent efforts from both. I don't the LVs make the historic comeback without their contributions.

Reactions: 5 people
There seems to be a formula about games like this, where one team gets really down and the other team is feeling the win. If the team that was looking DOA manages to get the game to overtime, the team that felt they had the game won gets dejected when they can't hold off overtime, and then they get beat. It just seems like I've seen this happen a number of times.

For Gonzaga, this was a learning moment and they'll be more composed next time. Hope we aren't the DOA team again in that case. We need to get back to tearing new *******s as was once our custom!

Reactions: 3 people
Quick notes - Burdick took over!! Not just her points nad rebounds but he defensive effort against bigger post players. She really took away the Zags preferred options.

Massengale - a much needed steadying influence down the stretch.

Reynolds - match up nightmare for the Zags.

Middleton and Nared - excellent efforts from both. I don't the LVs make the historic comeback without their contributions.

Even though the shots didn't fall for Graves, I have a hard time not loving her effort last night. Seven offensive rebounds against a very tall and very long front court. She really battled throughout the game.

Hopefully, they had a nice, long ice bath ready for Bashaara and Cierra after the game, because God knows they will need it to be ready to give it a go on Monday.

Reactions: 3 people
Even though the shots didn't fall for Graves, I have a hard time not loving her effort last night. Seven offensive rebounds against a very tall and very long front court. She really battled throughout the game.

Hopefully, they had a nice, long ice bath ready for Bashaara and Cierra after the game, because God knows they will need it to be ready to give it a go on Monday.

Good point. She battled all night. When she went out with the shoulder injury, in retrospect, it was a like a scene from one of the Marvel comic movies (Avengers, Captain America), where all looks lost just before the heroes make their superhuman effort to save the day.

VN Store

Back