Cngrats on Making the Elite Eight

Voluble2

That was a gritty performance if not an elegant one and the players deserve to be lauded for their fight and determination to pull that one out. It would have been easy to hang their heads when they were down 17.

Now they need to know that MD thinks they will come out and hit us in the mouth and we will fold or that we will be too tired to have a good effort against them after an overtime game.

Let's prove them wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Gonna be hard to keep fighting the adversity to win these games. It's mentally & physically draining to stay focused on the prize. Let's say the LVs beat Maryland Monday night. UConn will be the next game up. All I can say at this point is good luck to the LVs bb team to beat these two remaining powerhouse teams to advance.

Holly needs to have an inspiring speech ready for Monday. She should try the "They will know your name!" speech. That one seems to work well...

Reactions: 1 person
Gonna be hard to keep fighting the adversity to win these games. It's mentally & physically draining to stay focused on the prize. Let's say the LVs beat Maryland Monday night. UConn will be the next game up. All I can say at this point is good luck to the LVs bb team to beat these two remaining powerhouse teams to advance.

Even if they made the FF and lost to UConn by 35 points, the fact that they made it that far with an injury depleted roster is enough to tip our hats to Holly.

If they find themselves across the court from the Huskies, there's no pressure on them and they can just play loose. UConn will be expected to win big, and will be given the opportunity to play tight.

Reactions: 4 people
I turned on the game in the second half when we were down by 14. I was shocked. I kept watching it because I just did not believe that it was over. Obviously, the Lady Vols did not either. So proud of the fight and the attack nature that showed up in the second half. It is like a switch was flipped and they got pissed off.

I have to say the refs were awful and those girls for Gonzaga were flopping all over the place. Faking injuries, faking contact, making these terrible abused faces. ugh!

Happy to send those brats home. Go VOLS!!

Maryland is a great team, and has great history, but I don't consider them a "powerhouse" team/program. In my eyes, there is only two teams like that in all of women's basketball. Those two teams are UT, and UCONN. I'm strictly speaking on all time history and results. UT and UCONN is in tier 1, while Maryland would be in tier 2 IMO.

Holly needs to have an inspiring speech ready for Monday. She should try the "They will know your name!" speech. That one seems to work well...

Well I would agree with Volunle2 that it was a gritty performance by the team when they realized they were about to lose to a much less athletic 11 seed. The only problem is poor coaching let them get that far behind, and then the young women's pride won inspite of the poor head coach we have. We should have easily beat that team by double digits. So Amb3096 I do not think anything Holly has to say will help this team at all.

CHW got out coached and almost beaten by a first year coach with far inferior talent, home court or not. The other coach look professional, and represented her school well. CHW looked like she should be selling cotton candy at the circus in that rediculous shirt she was wearing. It was an embarrassment to the University wearing that. She looked like a clown instead of the head coach of what used to be the best womens basketball program in the country.

Now we are just a shell of that great program. Someone posted that if we played UCONN and lost by 35 that was okay with a depleted roster, is that what we have come to under CHW. Did anyone of us fans EVER think that we stood no chance of winning a game when CPS was here? Heck, if Pat only had 4 players we still believed she would figure out a box defense or triangle and 1 and beat whoever we played that night. The best, and by far and away best, prospect in the state of Tennessee is going to UCONN next year to play for CGA. We lose games on the road we never lost before, like UTC USCjr. Next year the losses will start to happen at TBA. IT WILL BE A SLOW DESENT INTO OBLIVION. Players do not play all out all the time with full effort, recruiting starts to drop off, you lose games you never lost before, before you know it you are a doormat. If you do not believe me read that last sentance and think Tennessee football for the last 2 years of CPF coaching tenure followed by CLK, and CDD. Under Dooley we lost to KY and VANDY.

Well I would agree with Volunle2 that it was a gritty performance by the team when they realized they were about to lose to a much less athletic 11 seed. The only problem is poor coaching let them get that far behind, and then the young women's pride won inspite of the poor head coach we have. We should have easily beat that team by double digits. So Amb3096 I do not think anything Holly has to say will help this team at all.

CHW got out coached and almost beaten by a first year coach with far inferior talent, home court or not. The other coach look professional, and represented her school well. CHW looked like she should be selling cotton candy at the circus in that rediculous shirt she was wearing. It was an embarrassment to the University wearing that. She looked like a clown instead of the head coach of what used to be the best womens basketball program in the country.

Now we are just a shell of that great program. Someone posted that if we played UCONN and lost by 35 that was okay with a depleted roster, is that what we have come to under CHW. Did anyone of us fans EVER think that we stood no chance of winning a game when CPS was here? Heck, if Pat only had 4 players we still believed she would figure out a box defense or triangle and 1 and beat whoever we played that night. The best, and by far and away best, prospect in the state of Tennessee is going to UCONN next year to play for CGA. We lose games on the road we never lost before, like UTC USCjr. Next year the losses will start to happen at TBA. IT WILL BE A SLOW DESENT INTO OBLIVION. Players do not play all out all the time with full effort, recruiting starts to drop off, you lose games you never lost before, before you know it you are a doormat. If you do not believe me read that last sentance and think Tennessee football for the last 2 years of CPF coaching tenure followed by CLK, and CDD. Under Dooley we lost to KY and VANDY.

GO AWAY. Cheer for another team. If you are criticizing the shirt our head coach is wearing.... you are beyond stupid.

Reactions: 14 people

You're by far the dumbest person I've ever seen on here. And that includes Darth Vol. You never have anything to say except the same negative crap every time. This is the best season they've had since 2010-11, how the hell are they descending into oblivion? I know you'd love to see that, but it's not happening. Shut the hell up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people

You have the chicken little syndrome .

that "other coach" who was "poised and represented her school so well" looked shell shocked, dazed and confused when the BIG ORANGE crushed the dreams and spirits of the whole damn city.

You must have missed that. Maybe that was when you were taking notes on Holly's wardrobe. Re-watch the last 4 mins of the game and you will see Gonzaga's coach with a deer in the headlights look, unable to calm her players down, or call the plays needed to win the game.

Games aren't won based on wardrobes.

Reactions: 8 people

Just another pseudo fan who dislikes Holly. Stupid comments.

Reactions: 4 people
that "other coach" who was "poised and represented her school so well" looked shell shocked, dazed and confused when the BIG ORANGE crushed the dreams and spirits of the whole damn city.

You must have missed that. Maybe that was when you were taking notes on Holly's wardrobe. Re-watch the last 4 mins of the game and you will see Gonzaga's coach with a deer in the headlights look, unable to calm her players down, or call the plays needed to win the game.

Games aren't won based on wardrobes.
I saw the same thing. Didn't even want to call a TO when they were struggling. Terrible coaching by her. Our guys just starting playing to win and it showed up down the stretch

Dang and I liked her shirt!! They came up with a saying for people like you "You can't fix stupid" :loco:

Reactions: 9 people
Congrats to the Lady Vols! I think we have a chance against Maryland. If we can defend for forty minutes and shoot the ball at a reasonable %, I can see us advancing. Maryland doesn't have the overall size Gonzaga did. We also have the revenge factor on our side, and it will no longer be a road atmosphere.

Congrats to Massengale, who made some well timed shots and looked fearless, and to Burdick, who was a warrior. They made the Lady Vol name proud.

Congrats to the freshmen, who had good games. Middleton defended well and made a three. Jared rebounded and scored in double figures. The future looks promising.

Play fearlessly lady vols, and play like warriors, and you'll beat Maryland. Let's get revenge. Good luck ladies!

I wonder if many of the Gonzaga fans will be back and who they will pull for?

Normally, I think people tend to pull for the team that beat them if there is not bad blood because it makes their own loss look better.

Try a spell checker before ranting.

Also, players always win or lose games. Coaches generally don't score too many points or grab many rebounds.

But, there is an ole truism that a team reflects the character of its coach and this comeback was gritty and resilient.

The team struggled to adjust to the Zags size and just missed shots they should not have for the long stretches of the game. But my oh my, it was a thing of beauty when they locked in. Too bad you couldn't see it for all .

Last edited:

Just stop it. I'm going to break a stitch.

Well I would agree with Volunle2 that it was a gritty performance by the team when they realized they were about to lose to a much less athletic 11 seed.

Gonzaga wasn't "much less athletic". They were taller - a lot taller - on the inside and with the exception of Carter roughly equally talented on the perimeter.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back