All the LV brand stuff aside, my heart goes out to men's basketball

VollyParton

Blue Hair
Twice now, the Vols have been on the upswing only to lose their leadership in disgrace. That's a lot to absorb and move on, and probably means rebuilding again. I hate it for the athletes. Probably there has been a coaching search going on already, and hopefully a serious one this time.
Go Vols

Hopefully we finally get a coach that has no past and has a lot of ability to coach and recruit.

Tennessee will be on top again soon..

Unfortunately, I think it may take four to five years for the men to become competitive again, and that presumes that Dave Hart makes the right choice with regard to Tyndall's replacement. Although this is at least a relatively reasonable time for recruiting purposes, with the possible exception of the juco point guard, Rob Gray, the fact that several of the current team are considering transfer means that either the search will be rushed or we will will see the backbone of the team end up leaving and the next coach will be under the most difficult of circumstances for the first two to three years.
Just my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:
They won't be breathing down our neck, since we got rid of DT.

You don't think the NCAA is watching Tennessee after hiring Tyndall while under investigation, letting the issues happen when Bruce was here, everything that Kiffin left behind?

It's like the wind...you may not see the NCAA watching, but you know it's there.

Reactions: 1 person
With the one and done, the boys can build in a year or too with the right coach, If Tennessee will turn loose of some money they can get the right person for the job.:good!:

This isn't Kentucky, if Tennessee started getting enough one and doners to field a winning team, the NCAA would be crawling up our posterior anatomy in a heartbeat!

Jim

You don't think the NCAA is watching Tennessee after hiring Tyndall while under investigation, letting the issues happen when Bruce was here, everything that Kiffin left behind?

It's like the wind...you may not see the NCAA watching, but you know it's there.

You mean the NCAA didn't plant Tyndall here to set us up?:wink2:

Why is Kiffin mentioned ? And Tyndall was hired before the investigation

Unfortunately, there may not be a good coach that wants to come here and compete with Kentucky year in and year out.

Why is Kiffin mentioned ? And Tyndall was hired before the investigation

Because one coach (Kiffin) with NCAA issues can be viewed as an anomaly. Two coaches (Pearl), that's bad luck. Three coaches (Tyndall), that's a pattern on the part of the administration for not controlling their employees, and for not taking previous issues seriously.

All of this is within a six year period. Yea, I guarantee the NCAA is watching Tennessee.

Because one coach (Kiffin) with NCAA issues can be viewed as an anomaly. Two coaches (Pearl), that's bad luck. Three coaches (Tyndall), that's a pattern on the part of the administration for not controlling their employees, and for not taking previous issues seriously.

All of this is within a six year period. Yea, I guarantee the NCAA is watching Tennessee.

Then they should be watching Alabama and Auburn also (but you they wouldnt do that)

If Hart doesn't get the new basketball hire right this time, he will be fired next.

In my opinion, as long as football continues on an upward trend, I believe Hart's job is safe. Should football plateau or take a nosedive, then men's basketball could have an impact.

Jim

VN Store

Back