Thoughts on the value of Pat Summitt Autographed basketball?

DooleyNoted24

Unfortunately its also signed by jerry green on the other side. I realize that hurts the value. I was about five when it was signed. Thanks

As much as someone else is willing to pay. The last one UT auctioned off was well over $200 (I didn't see the final bid).

Anyone other than me think this was a thread speculating about how much $ Pat Summit has been "worth" to the University of Tennessee?

That would be an interesting topic of conjecture.

AV

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone other than me think this was a thread speculating about how much $ Pat Summit has been "worth" to the University of Tennessee?

That would be an interesting topic of conjecture.

AV

Anyone who knows of Pat Summit knows her value to the LadyVols program...finite. :victory:

GO LADYVOLS!

The value of sports memorabilia, and other collectible items from antiques to coins, have taken a nosedive from what it used to be. You can blame a lot of that on the emergence of online auction sites like eBay and the massive amount of fakes and counterfeited stuff on the more valuable items.

As far as your signed basketball goes, there are things to consider..what type of ball is it, what's the condition like of both the ball and the actual signature. Is it still legible?? Was it a ball used in an actual game?? I would imagine a game used ball, particularly one from one of her final four or championship games would bring a higher premium.

If I were you id hold on to it for awhile until the collectible market recovers a bit more. As it sits now, and without knowing anymore info about the ball, my guess would be 75-225 bucks.

If you do decide to sell it, eBay would be a good start.

Personally, I'd love to have a signed game used ball from one of her 8 nc's, which I don't even know if those exist or not and if they do, they are prolly either at the wcbb hall of fame or somewhere on campus.

Last edited:
Since she is still alive and signed thousands of artifacts over her life. I'm guessing it's worth little more than that value of the ball.

As been previously stated, if there was some significance to the ball i.e. used in an important game (Conference Championship, 1 v 2 regular season game, National Championship etc etc etc) it might fetch a couple hundred bucks to the right buyer.

Since she is still alive and signed thousands of artifacts over her life. I'm guessing it's worth little more than that value of the ball.

As been previously stated, if there was some significance to the ball i.e. used in an important game (Conference Championship, 1 v 2 regular season game, National Championship etc etc etc) it might fetch a couple hundred bucks to the right buyer.

good luck finding that price --- Chumlee

picture or you don't have it :)

just kidding,or am I lol

I would hang on to it and see if you can do like Sly said and get a COA

The COA is often as fake as the merchandise. Even within the industry the estimates are that half of the sports memorabilia on the market is fake.

i can't remember the one Chumlee uses,that is probably the one to use,making sure the autographs are real is the big thing and we would like to know if it is a game ball or not

Remove the J. Green signature, and it's worth will climb a bit. I can't imagine that it's worth much as I'm sure she's signed a ton of stuff over the years.

I am not a collector--but when I was a kid my grandfather brought me along to an airport where he was picking up somebody. I had my Green Hornet comic book with me. We are walking past a cafe--and my grandfather stops and says: "See that guy sitting there, that's Ted Williams. He was eating a meal, by himself. He told me to take my comic book in there and ask him for his autograph. I screwed up enough courage to walk in the cafe, and asked a man sitting at a table for his autograph. He shook his head and said, 'not me--he's the guy behind me.' Picked the wrong guy! Went to Williams, and he graciously stopped eating long enough to sign my comic book. I put the comic book in a desk drawer in my room--and there it sat for many years. I moved away--went to UT!--and my parents moved, and the desk and my Green Hornet comic book, with Ted Williams's autograph, disappeared. C'est la vie. If I'd been vigilant enough to keep it, it would still be stashed away somewhere, just taking up space, though I suppose one can pull things out occasionally to show people. Bit of a weird business.

Ya, I'd definitely remove the Green signature. Shouldn't be too hard. Probably isn't worth too much until the number of Summitt signatures can no longer increase...

don't be removing anything,at the worst his signature won't do anything value wise,but a scrubbed spot might affect the value of the ball

give us a pic and is it a game ball ?

The COA is often as fake as the merchandise. Even within the industry the estimates are that half of the sports memorabilia on the market is fake.

if its a homemade coa maybe -- but most fakes are of big name players -- a few coas to trust are jsa/psa, steiner, tri star beckett

VN Store

Back