Congrats to this team and Coach Warlick

Volstylexx

What they have done this year is remarkable. In the face of adversity and losing 2 key starters, they have bounced back and are back in the sweet 16. What a remarkable coaching job by Coach Warlick. Most teams would have crumbled and she had not only held them together, but they have accomplished the following things under her leadership:

18-0 Home record - the most wins at home by any Lady Vol team EVER

On pace to end the season with the best free throw shooting percentage of any Lady Vol team EVER

On track to end the season as the best defensive team the Lady Vols have, you guessed it, EVER put on the court.

Those are quite the accomplishments for a coach that follows the legend Pat Summit. Thank you Holly. The future is great! Go Lady Vols!!!

Reactions: 18 people
Congrats coach warlick, staff and players. To Cierra and Ariel. I'm rooting for you guys real hard bc I know how much y'all want that ff4 berth for coach summitt.

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't call this year "remarkable." I guess our standards have really fallen. We have had some key injuries--but it's also true that we still have lots more talent than most teams. The SEC is mediocre, and we just beat two middling teams--boise state and pitt--at home. It's good to win, but let's not pretend that those were great achievements. Who have we beaten this year that had more talent than we did? UT had a team that lost 10 or 11 games and then went on to win the national title--that's the definition of remarkable. We get to the Sweet 16 almost every year.

Reactions: 3 people
I wouldn't call this year "remarkable." I guess our standards have really fallen. We have had some key injuries--but it's also true that we still have lots more talent than most teams. The SEC is mediocre, and we just beat two middling teams--boise state and pitt--at home. It's good to win, but let's not pretend that those were great achievements. Who have we beaten this year that had more talent than we did? UT had a team that lost 10 or 11 games and then went on to win the national title--that's the definition of remarkable. We get to the Sweet 16 almost every year.

We also had a person by the name of Chamique Holdsclaw on that team...a FOUR TIME All-American.

Our All-American is on the bench. If we had one of the best players in the country on the floor, these games wouldn't have been that close. However, I don't care how we win, as long as we win. That's all that matter right now. I'd rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss.

Reactions: 12 people

Thanks for dropping the turd in the punchbowl!

Reactions: 13 people
What they have done this year is remarkable. In the face of adversity and losing 2 key starters, they have bounced back and are back in the sweet 16. What a remarkable coaching job by Coach Warlick. Most teams would have crumbled and she had not only held them together, but they have accomplished the following things under her leadership:

18-0 Home record - the most wins at home by any Lady Vol team EVER

On pace to end the season with the best free throw shooting percentage of any Lady Vol team EVER

On track to end the season as the best defensive team the Lady Vols have, you guessed it, EVER put on the court.

Those are quite the accomplishments for a coach that follows the legend Pat Summit. Thank you Holly. The future is great! Go Lady Vols!!!

Great win! Well deserve for this team and coach!!!

Congrats coach warlick, staff and players. To Cierra and Ariel. I'm rooting for you guys real hard bc I know how much y'all want that ff4 berth for coach summitt.

Great win,now take it to the LadyZags

We also had a person by the name of Chamique Holdsclaw on that team...a FOUR TIME All-American.

Our All-American is on the bench. If we had one of the best players in the country on the floor, these games wouldn't have been that close. However, I don't care how we win, as long as we win. That's all that matter right now. I'd rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss.

You folks get it. Some don't.

Reactions: 9 people

I agree with the OP. Holly and the team have proven they are quite adaptable in the face of adversity. The offense this team runs bears no resemblence to what was run just a few seasons ago. Being able to defend and rebound without Harrison and Russell is a tribute to the work ethic and skill of the players that are able to play. Glass half-empty / half-full POV I guess.

Reactions: 4 people
No matter how we win, pretty or ugly it is a win. Not only a win, but a win with a bench full of good players that are unable to play because of injuries. This team could have easily collapsed, when Izzy went down, because that is what everyone expected, but they have bent but have not been broken. It is time to give Holly credit for somehow holding the program together. We need to quit bi**hing and enjoy the ride.

No matter how we win, pretty or ugly it is a win. Not only a win, but a win with a bench full of good players that are unable to play because of injuries. This team could have easily collapsed, when Izzy went down, because that is what everyone expected, but they have bent but have not been broken. It is time to give Holly credit for somehow holding the program together. We need to quit bi**hing and enjoy the ride.

Totally agree. Some are never happy regardless of the outcome.

Reactions: 8 people
With Jannah Tucker, Mercedes Russell, Jasmine Jones and then last Isabelle Harrison hurt, this teem has done great thing and we are still going forward. Thanks Lady Vols for a great time watch y'all play.

Reactions: 3 people
Honestly, Holly, staff and players have had to deal with a lot of adversity. Not all injuries are equal. Losing Russell and Harrison creates a massive gap in the post.

Burdick, Graves, and Moore have done admirable work in filling the gap but they can't provide the defensive post presence of Izzy or someone who can consistently score in the post (particularly against bigger players).

Losing Jasmie Jones is also a blow. Nared has stepped up well for a freshman but she can't replace Jone's physicality and Jones just has more experience in clutch situations

Despite all that, a shorthanded LVs are rolling into the Sweet 16 and have matchups were a Final four return looks like a promising prospect.

Anyone LV "fan" who does not the appreciate and value the determination and togetherness this team has shown, well.....

Reactions: 6 people
Honestly, Holly, staff and players have had to deal with a lot of adversity. Not all injuries are equal. Losing Russell and Harrison creates a massive gap in the post.

Burdick, Graves, and Moore have done admirable work in filling the gap but they can't provide the defensive post presence of Izzy or someone who can consistantly score in the post (particularly against bigger players).

Losing Jasmie Jones is also a blow. Nared has stepped up well for a freshman but she can't replace Jone's physicality and Jones just has more experience in clutch situations

Despite all that, a shorthanded LVs are rolling into the Sweet 16 and have matchups were a Final four return looks like a promising prospect.

Anyone LV "fan" who does not the appreciate and value the determination and togetherness this team has shown, well.....

+1000000000000....I wish I could give you millions of "likes" for this post!!! Lol I just don't see how people don't see all that Holly has had to deal with this season. Had everybody been healthy we'd be undefeated right now....losing Mereceds was the first blow (someone who was going to give Izzy a rest, while still maintaining a TALL post presence, we don't even necessary need her scoring since people here like to criticize that aspect of her game, her sheer presence would have changed a lot of games for us....particularly our loss against Texas, and both times to South Carolina)....still we keep trucking!

I think I can speak for a lot of LadyVol fans...excluding the NegaVols ....that we were all anxious to see what Jannah Tucker was going to give us and I'm speaking for myself here....I thought she was going to be a budding star. I saw a couple of her high school games and Tucker reminds me of a slimmer, quicker KML for UCONN. She was scary type good. Clearly her knee is still not 100% and that was a big blow this year as well but I'm pretty sure Holly knew this well ahead of time based on practices.

Jasmine Jones was easily one of our best defenders and most solid rebounders on our team. Her presence would have easily kept Welch off the boards in the SC games and possibly stole some of those offensive rebounds Ellen Ibiam killed us with in the first half of the first SC game. I also believe with Jones on the floor Jewell Llyod doesn't go off on us. Jasmine was also starting to assert herself on the offensive end as well...in our loss to UTC she had the game high and was the only player who looked like she wanted to win the game. Obstacle # 3...yet we're still trucking...

And the biggest blow of them all...we lose one of the most elite offensive post players in the country. A "Need to Know" player for ESPN...1st team All-SEC player....our leading rebounder and leading scorer....Izzy!

Let's not even wonder and ponder on the "what if" of Diamond De'Shields coming here her freshman year. She would've been alongside Izzy in her best season of her career and ANOTHER legitimate scorer in Simmons. But that didn't happen so blah blah...back to the dialogue.

Holly has done a "REMARKABLE" job this season as the OP stated! And I agree with your post 1000000% mad! LETS GO LADY VOLS AND I LOVE THE WONDERFUL POSTIVE LADYVOL FANS....you make this board so much more enjoyable!

+1000000000000....I wish I could give you millions of "likes" for this post!!! Lol I just don't see how people don't see all that Holly has had to deal with this season. Had everybody been healthy we'd be undefeated right now....losing Mereceds was the first blow (someone who was going to give Izzy a rest, while still maintaining a TALL post presence, we don't even necessary need her scoring since people here like to criticize that aspect of her game, her sheer presence would have changed a lot of games for us....particularly our loss against Texas, and both times to South Carolina)....still we keep trucking!

I think I can speak for a lot of LadyVol fans...excluding the NegaVols ....that we were all anxious to see what Jannah Tucker was going to give us and I'm speaking for myself here....I thought she was going to be a budding star. I saw a couple of her high school games and Tucker reminds me of a slimmer, quicker KML for UCONN. She was scary type good. Clearly her knee is still not 100% and that was a big blow this year as well but I'm pretty sure Holly knew this well ahead of time based on practices.

Jasmine Jones was easily one of our best defenders and most solid rebounders on our team. Her presence would have easily kept Welch off the boards in the SC games and possibly stole some of those offensive rebounds Ellen Ibiam killed us with in the first half of the first SC game. I also believe with Jones on the floor Jewell Llyod doesn't go off on us. Jasmine was also starting to assert herself on the offensive end as well...in our loss to UTC she had the game high and was the only player who looked like she wanted to win the game. Obstacle # 3...yet we're still trucking...

And the biggest blow of them all...we lose one of the most elite offensive post players in the country. A "Need to Know" player for ESPN...1st team All-SEC player....our leading rebounder and leading scorer....Izzy!

Let's not even wonder and ponder on the "what if" of Diamond De'Shields coming here her freshman year. She would've been alongside Izzy in her best season of her career and ANOTHER legitimate scorer in Simmons. But that didn't happen so blah blah...back to the dialogue.

Holly has done a "REMARKABLE" job this season as the OP stated! And I agree with your post 1000000% mad! LETS GO LADY VOLS AND I LOVE THE WONDERFUL POSTIVE LADYVOL FANS....you make this board so much more enjoyable!

Great points on Jasmine. She had the potential to be a force this season and yes, Tucker not being ready to play was yet another blow. For everyone saying that LVs have a massive talent advantage over most other comp., it is not so clear when you take these players out of the equation that the LVs have such a decided advantage. Without Jones and Tucker, Carter is their only consistently strong perimeter defender. Graves is undersized as a post player. Nared is talented but has the limitations that come with being a freshman.

Reactions: 4 people
I can't see how this team won even a game with the best 3 pt shooter in creation tethered to the bench for the whole year... it's a crime, I tells ya!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back