Zags Take Down Beavers 76 to 64

teacherdean

Well when this thing started we wrote on this site about Tennessee playing the Mocs and what would happen if we played the Beavers. Well sports fan we don't have to worry about that now because neither are an issue. What we need to do is worry about what we will need to do to beat Pitt. We had two surprising upsets by 11 seeds, we must not fall into that upset category. Tomorrow we need to leave no doubt that we are one of the top WBB teams and that continues with Pitt. Go Lady Vols!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
The zags won this game at the free throw line. this is def not a team you want at the line because they are nearly tops in the nation in free throw shooting.

They shot 76.2% from the free throw line. They're #4 in the NCAA on FT's at 77.5%. We're #23 at 74.7%. If it comes down to FT's, I think we can win that.

win and go forward The zags men and women have not been a team that cares where they are seeded. tied at 64 and not scoring again, that old cliche about hanging around.

They shot 76.2% from the free throw line. They're #4 in the NCAA on FT's at 77.5%. We're #23 at 74.7%. If it comes down to FT's, I think we can win that.

Not to look past Pitt, but if we do end up getting the chance to play Gonzaga, I really like our chances. Just got to limit our fouls and play smart. This Gonzaga team didn't even make the finals of their conference championship game.

or slow footed ...lol

They are slow but can shoot the three. I think, if and when we get past Pitt, speed can take the Zags down. If we play a slow it down game it will be right up their alley. Like Pitt they have nothing to lose. Nothing to lose teams can be dangerous and you cannot afford to give them any encouragement, just ask Kentucky. Take them out early and pile on. Sometime we take our feet off the gas early, can't do that with teams like Pitt and the Zags. Whatever she does, Holly has to call timeouts when the team starts to go South and not wait for TV timeouts, there are no carryovers. The doors continue to open for us but we are the ones who have to take advantage of the openings. :good!:

VN Store

Back