Forget about Oregon State.............

Potentially even more scary scenario. Now if we get by Pitt we will be playing in Gonzaga's back yard. Geez.

I watched the game. The zags were on fire, but nearly let OSU come back and win. I think they have a couple 6'5 girls who are pretty damn good. The thing is though if we do advance, we will have to play the zags on their home court..I guess this is what the committee means by geographical seeding helping with attendance. Gonzaga didn't take a bunch of threes but they run their offense thru their big post players and they also like to dribble drive a lot.

Good game, hope it is a break for the Lady Vols, time will tell, now lets beat Pitt first.

I watched the game. The zags were on fire, but nearly let OSU come back and win. I think they have a couple 6'5 girls who are pretty damn good. The thing is though if we do advance, we will have to play the zags on their home court..I guess this is what the committee means by geographical seeding helping with attendance. Gonzaga didn't take a bunch of threes but they run their offense thru their big post players and they also like to dribble drive a lot.

To be clear, the Regional will be at the Spokane Arena, not Gonzaga. Though they won't have to travel far, they have not played in that arena this season.

Reactions: 1 person
To be clear, the Regional will be at the Spokane Arena, not Gonzaga. Though they won't have to travel far, they have not played in that arena this season.

Oh ok thanks for the clarification. The espn broadcasters for the OSU Gonzaga game made it seem that it was on their court. I guess that's a little better scenario for us. They still have to allocate the tickets evenly correct ?

Holly will never have a draw this good again. There is absolutely NO excuse not to get to at least the Elite Eight now (although I'm sure we'll hear plenty if she doesn't).....

if we get past Pitt, we play a #11 seed as a #2 seed ourself..... I am against on principle fearing anyone at this time of year.... and especially when there is a 9 seed difference..... doesn't matter where we play we should win big

Reactions: 1 person
if we get past Pitt, we play a #11 seed as a #2 seed ourself..... I am against on principle fearing anyone at this time of year.... and especially when there is a 9 seed difference..... doesn't matter where we play we should win big

Agreed. Losing to an 11 seed would be a huge indictment on Holly.... as you say assuming they get by Pitt....

Oh ok thanks for the clarification. The espn broadcasters for the OSU Gonzaga game made it seem that it was on their court. I guess that's a little better scenario for us. They still have to allocate the tickets evenly correct ?

Each team gets 250. The rest are available to the general public, so I would assume Zags fans would fill the place.

Youball do realize that Gonzaga is from Spokane. Doesn't matter if its their home court or not. Hometown. Same thing. Big crowds for them. But I think if the Lady Vols defend the ball hard they can take down the Zagettes.

...Gonzaga is from Spokane...Big crowds for them.

You would think so but I read an article somewhere, I forget where, that explained why it is so hard to generate attendance at women's tournament games. The article cited three reasons: 1-Higher ticket prices, 2-The NCAA controls marketing, and 3-The inability of the fans to plan very far ahead to travel.

If any arena proves an exception for attendance, I would think it would be Spokane.

You would think so but I read an article somewhere, I forget where, that explained why it is so hard to generate attendance at women's tournament games. The article cited three reasons: 1-Higher ticket prices, 2-The NCAA controls marketing, and 3-The inability of the fans to plan very far ahead to travel.

If any arena proves an exception for attendance, I would think it would be Spokane.

The LadyZags will get stomped by the LadyVols.

Potentially even more scary scenario. Now if we get by Pitt we will be playing in Gonzaga's back yard. Geez.

No way is Gonzaga scarier. A rematch with a high powered Oregon State team would have likely been the end of the lady vol season. Rematch games in post season rarely go in the favor of the original winning team (when teams are evenly matched). Lady Vol fans should be breathing a sigh of relief.

VN Store

Back