What We Saw Last Night Is LV SB This Year

DrDave

Expect to see this the rest of the year.
Erratic pitching backed up by sloppy infield and outfield play.
IF OUR HITTING IS HOT, we might win a few games.
IF OUR HITTING IS HOT, and our pitching and fielding is like last night, we won't win half our SEC games.

This team is going to win less than 50% of the SEC games.

I'm a BIG fan of the LVs. This just makes me os frustrated to watch games. I feel sorry for the fans and maybe for the Weeklys since they are the cause of much of this mess.

Reactions: 1 person
Ralph should have went to Gaffin in relief and I expect we would have two wins over them. I don't like Tarango as a pitcher or a hitter for that matter. Gabriel was way overrated in high school.

it was the injury that set Gabriel back and apparently she isn't going to come out of it

I don't know if any of you have watched any other games in the SEC this year but all the pitching is getting rocked. Did any of you watch the Florida and Alabama series? Even Wilkinson who had a great year last year at Georgia is getting rocked. It really is about who is getting the most runs. From what I have seen in the SEC games so far this year it is our fielding that is hurting us more than our pitching because everyone's pitching is getting hit. If we had had good fielding last night we would have won 8-7.

P.S.-I think the SEC umpires are calling a much tighter strike zone this year because the SEC wants to generate more offense to make it more exciting and more in line with what other conferences do and NCAA tournament. So, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
as usual Sandvol I just watch the Vols in any sports :) so i don't know what the other teams are doing

well other than football

One thing I don't understand is why we didn't have Tory Lewis in centerfield unless she was hurt. I think she makes that catch that McClain didn't get to.

My final point. This kind of early adversity is good for this young team. They will either grow or wilt. I think they will grow by the way.

Reactions: 2 people
This team will eventually be a lot better than they look right now. Be patient. The fielding will get better with game experience. Hitting will get more consistent with game experience.

Re the pitching, coaches say that a pitcher can gain both control and pitch variation via practice but practice will not gain them any velocity. If true, I hope to see Aucoin especially but also Gabriel get better. In Gabriel's case, she may gain some velocity as she gains strength in her recovery from her injury and surgery.

Heck, last year we went to Florida and swept them and everybody was saying how Florida had sunk and they end up winning it all.

Just another note, Tennessee is ranked in the top 24 in hitting and 25 in ERA but are not even in the top 50 in fielding percentage.

You're correct pitching is down everywhere. Have you noticed the increase in run rules this year?? It's huge....pitching "staffs" are few and far between. Should leave Aucoin in and let her pitch, and stay out of her ear. Also the "wild" pitches weren't "wild" IMO. Catcher looked to make throws before gloving the ball, it happens. Coaches need to settle down. They settle down the players will settle down. Tennessee has a good group of pitchers in reality....splitting series is ok. And you're not going to run rule everyone no matter how aggressive you get. Relax and let them play.

A very young team should improve as the season progresses. I like the lineup that Ralph is using in the Missouri series. We'll have games when we want hit but I think this lineup really put us in position to get runners on with key power hitters ready to drive them in.

VN Store

Back