How far will we go?

Linda Lee

Glad to see a win today! Will we get to the final four? I don't know.

I know we have talent and I love our team but they do not seem to a,ways be prepared. We just seem a little sluggish. The team we played today should have never been able to score like they did!!

What needs yo be done. I believe Holly is a good coach and the players like her but we gotta show up!!

Any thoughts?

Come Monday, if we don't jump on Pitt early & fast it may be over B4 it started. The way this team plays you never know what LV team shows up.

Reactions: 1 person
Come Monday, if we don't jump on Pitt early & fast it may be over B4 it started. The way this team plays you never know what LV team shows up.

Well heck, you would think we should be getting used to be by now. We've been so topsy-turvy in all sports that no matter which sport I watch...know how Gump felt. :yes:

GO VOLS!

Bob Knight said something..... I cannot remember it exactly.... but to the effect you should do things the right way and do them that way all the time.... so many times the LVs have played to the level of their competition..... and in the tournament you cannot afford to go any other than full speed..... I do not have confidence that we will go too far from what I have seen this year..... but let's see

Get stomped by UConn in the Final Four

Getting stomped by UConn would be better than getting knocked out by Maryland 2 seasons in a row, this time in the Elite 8. Or even worse, get knocked out by some lower seed in one of the next 2 rounds. This team really needs to make the FF this season though to end the drought. One, even with the losses of Izzzy and Jasmine Jones, this team still has FF talent and depth. The staff has to show that they can gvet the max out of this group. If they get blown out by UConn, so be it. The Huskes are blowing everyone out, and let's be honest. They are in a league of their own. A FF finish would at least keep them in the national conversation, not to mention be a huge boost for recruiting.

I fully agree that UCONN is going to blow most teams away. That is no reason to fear them. Some times it is the fear that get you defeated before you ever hit the floor. Yes I believe that UCONN is the Tennessee of the past but you can't not want to make the final four, you have to bring your game up to the best. UCONN is not going away and the road is not going to get any easier. We have to get that Tennessee pride back when we were the best. Right now I feel we have the talent but we are not consistent. Right now I get the feeling that we are considered a top ten team but not a top five team. Making it to the final four would prove the so called pundits wrong. Once you get there anything is possible. Don't count the ladies out.

I worry about OSU, but if we can find a way to win that one, then I like our chances against Maryland in the Elite Eight. I don't see any way we can even play with UConn if we meet them in the Final Four.

So hope the FF. This is the best team Tennessee has had since 2008. Not sure what happen to UTC today,sure hope Pittsburgh not that good. Can't wait till Monday so we can move on to Spokane.

we've had trouble all year defending the three ball and it won't get any easier as the tournament progresses. With the exception of Pitt, the rest of the teams we could possible face in the regional are really good three point shooting teams. With that said, I think we have a legitimate shot at a final four, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we stumble some where along the way, whether against Pitt, sw16 or the e8. This team is just so inconsistent that it's hard to feel confident about their chances. I hope the thought of one of these games possibly being their last will motivate both Burdick and Ariel to play really well, but when the shots aren't falling there isn't much you can do about it. As far as potentially meeting uconn in the final four, I'd welcome the challenge and id like to see how competitive we could be against them. I understand that it could possibly get ugly, but I'm hoping that it would be a competitive game..

So hope the FF. This is the best team Tennessee has had since 2008. Not sure what happen to UTC today,sure hope Pittsburgh not that good. Can't wait till Monday so we can move on to Spokane.

Pitt is a highly inconsistent team, but when they play well they usually win big. I think we match up pretty good against them. They don't take a lot of threes, so there at least we don't have to worry much. They are a really good defensive team but they can struggle on offense which is good for us in case we get into one of our patented scoring slumps

this Lady Vol team is very inconsistent with there play,as we all have seen this year

to be honest I never worry about anything in the NCAA Tournament other than reaching the Sweet 16,they have to get there first,then I worry about who we might play

of course,that is just my thinking :)

I think this team has a relatively decent chance of making the Final Four

This team, without a big post presence, has no chance of making the final four.
UConn as stated by others, is in a league of their own...But if several of their key players were on the shelf too, they would not be as dominant, but they would still be good.

Nobody I see in our bracket that we can't beat. In the end it is going to come down to the play of Burdick and Nared offensively. Both must score points or we want beat the better teams. We also need for Massengale to stay hot. Her bad game against SC is the main reason we were not in that game down the stretch. Offensive play will determine our fate let us hope all our players can find their shot and get us to a final four.

Lot of ladies teams better than us now. Regardless, UCon and Geno will dominate women's basketball just like Kentucky dominates men's basketball. So, all the other teams are so insignificant . I hate it but it is just the way it is and they way it looks to stay. I am not a Holly fan and I never will be.

Glad to see a win today! Will we get to the final four? I don't know.

I know we have talent and I love our team but they do not seem to a,ways be prepared. We just seem a little sluggish. The team we played today should have never been able to score like they did!!

What needs yo be done. I believe Holly is a good coach and the players like her but we gotta show up!!

Any thoughts?

Do not believe we get to final 4. With Izzy out just don't believe we will get there. Holly better step it up next year or she might be in trouble. After Pat Lady Vol fans not going to put up with this.

I would love to predict and see a final four or championship game appearance by our lady Vols, but I just don't see it happening. Holly doesn't have a strength of in game adjustments, or getting her players to play tough. Our team has appeared soft mentally and physically for several years now. I don't know who we would get that would be better, but she does not appear to have what it takes to get us where we are use to going. Other teams just appear hungrier than our girls, which is very surprising considering we haven't tasted the final four in seven years. I predict, with great sadness, that we might win a close game vs Pitt then lose by 10-15 points vs Oregon state. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

I would love to predict and see a final four or championship game appearance by our lady Vols, but I just don't see it happening. Holly doesn't have a strength of in game adjustments, or getting her players to play tough. Our team has appeared soft mentally and physically for several years now. I don't know who we would get that would be better, but she does not appear to have what it takes to get us where we are use to going. Other teams just appear hungrier than our girls, which is very surprising considering we haven't tasted the final four in seven years. I predict, with great sadness, that we might win a close game vs Pitt then lose by 10-15 points vs Oregon state. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

If we play like we did yesterday then we won't make the Final Four for sure. But if we play like we can we will have a shot at it.

I would say you are right that our first game away from home is likely a loss. I just don't see this bunch rising to the occasion because we have seen them do the opposite so often in the tournament. They get intimidated and play poorly. That is the one thing Holly needs to fix more than anything.

It would be a huge boost to get to a Final Four and then not get blown out by UConn even in the inevitable loss. It would give us something to build upon for next year and we could start to claim we are back. But we will have to play at our absolute peak to even have a chance of that happening.

The funny thing is, if you strung together the bunch of teams we are about to play in the regular season instead of the tournament I would feel really good about winning them all up until we hit UConn. But because we underperform so badly under tournament pressure I just don't see it happening this year.

VN Store

Back