Kortney Dunbar

PineyBluff Vol

I am ready to
late_bloomer_almanac_high_res_cover-791x1024.jpg
see if Kortney is in this book...I can't wait for when the light goes on and she starts playing!

she probably won't get a whole lot of playing time in the Tournament,unless the Lady Vols get a good sized lead

If she can tone down over the summer then anything is possible. I just hope her career turns out better than what Spani's career was. When Spani played without the injuries she still couldn't play a lick of defense, but she could shoot the three. Come to think of it Bjorklund was like that also.

Reactions: 1 person
If she can tone down over the summer then anything is possible. I just hope her career turns out better than what Spani's career was. When Spani played without the injuries she still couldn't play a lick of defense, but she could shoot the three. Come to think of it Bjorklund was like that also.

No way! Angie became our best defender on her team!

Reactions: 2 people
Let's hope that Dunbar devotes more time over the summer to improving her basketball skills, than she devotes to trying to look pretty.

Bjorklund would hit those god awful cold spells and couldn't do nothing

and like you said Spani played injured a bunch

She is an offensive player without a defensive game. Over the summer she is going to have to work really hard to guard a position. I think that would have to be the four she doesn't have the foot speed to guard a perimeter player. If she can get better defensively she can definitely score and I bet she is already working on her defense.

I expected much more out of her defensively.....When I first saw her play defense and her man just drove right by her, it was eye opening....

She has a nice shot but her defense is very bad. She has to learn to move her feet. She is a very lovely young lady, but lots of defensive work needed.

I expected much more out of her defensively.....When I first saw her play defense and her man just drove right by her, it was eye opening....

She has a nice shot but her defense is very bad. She has to learn to move her feet. She is a very lovely young lady, but lots of defensive work needed.

Dude you have it totally wrong

that was her woman that drove past her :)

Do the LVs play woman to woman defense too?

Let's just say she is easy on the eyes and easy to drive by for a lay up.

It's fine to be a spot-up shooter when you're open--but if you are not athletic enough to be a solid/good defender, to get to loose balls, to beat defenders off the dribble, you cannot in the end contribute much to a basketball team. That's especially true because good opponents tend not to give up many open jump shots. We saw this with Zolman, Spani, Bjorklund. Dunbar might be the same, though she is bigger and will probably play, what, the 4--and in theory could play a role much like Burdick has played for us. We'll see. You need shooters, but if they are not athletic it negates their best asset. And of course there are athletes who aren't natural shooters or scorers, and we've had that issue too. All teams do--but we've got recruiting advantages over most teams, or we used to. It was Summitt who, well over a decade ago, got into this habit of signing "heady" guards who weren't athletic enough to be good, top-level college players. It was poor guard recruiting that really started our slippage.

why yes they do :)

and your right,but I'm hoping she works on her defensive skills during the off season and works her way into the line up this fall,when "Womens" Basketball tips off

sorry I just had to get that in :)

Let's hope that Dunbar devotes more time over the summer to improving her basketball skills, than she devotes to trying to look pretty.
That is not fair Franklin, you or I do not have the right to say she is too pretty to be able to play basketball. How would you feel if they were saying that about a daughter of yours?

Reactions: 3 people
That is not fair Franklin, you or I do not have the right to say she is too pretty to be able to play basketball. How would you feel if they were saying that about a daughter of yours?

It is never a good thing when the conversation about a women's college basketball player focuses on her good looks, rather than her basketball skills.

You talking about Juwanna Mann?

VN Store

Back