Recruiting Concerns

dhurt8955

Is Holy doing enough on the recruiting front?
Two tn players are going elsewhere in 2016. The lady Vols used to have a stranglehold on instate players. Crystal Dangerfield committed to Uconn and Chassity Carter going to vandy in 2016.

Reactions: 3 people
Holly is not just missing out on two players, but the best one in the state, AND ONE OF THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY, is going to our mosted hated of rivals, UCONN. You are not going to be a competative team if opponents come into your backyard and take the best recruits with impunity. The lifeblood of a program is recruiting, and basketball is more susceptible to poor recruiting than football because of the small number of players on the team. We are losing the recruiting battles. Holly's coaching speaks for itself, her recruiting speaks for itself. In her post game interviews she can barely speak for herself though, which is an embarassment.

Reactions: 4 people
It's a shame she let two of the top ranked players in the country escape from her back yard in Tennessee and go elsewhere. Pat would of at least signed one of them, if not both. Holly is in over her head, and it will show once again in the NCAAT.

She hasn't missed anywhere except post players. That is it. No reason to have Jordan Reynolds, Te'a Cooper, and Draya Carter at point guard and add a fourth player. That position is secure. Wing players Diamond DeShields, Jackson, Middleton, Tucker maybe, Jones, Dunbar, and Nared, no need for anyone there. Russell, Graves, Moore need some help that is where she has failed.
People who keep bringing up Dangerfield and even Chassity really don't understand recruiting. We are full at those positions with players as good or better. Now looking in the post I may be willing to say we have failed. If she passed on any great post players from Tennessee or failed to secure them I could understand this post. That is where we are failing and is the main reason we have five losses this season.

Reactions: 13 people
Holly is not just missing out on two players, but the best one in the state, AND ONE OF THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY, is going to our mosted hated of rivals, UCONN. You are not going to be a competative team if opponents come into your backyard and take the best recruits with impunity. The lifeblood of a program is recruiting, and basketball is more susceptible to poor recruiting than football because of the small number of players on the team. We are losing the recruiting battles. Holly's coaching speaks for itself, her recruiting speaks for itself. In her post game interviews she can barely speak for herself though, which is an embarassment.

Dangerfield's been saying that UConn was her dream school for some time. UConn doesn't have to outrecruit Tennessee for in-state talent when said player has packed her bag 90% of the way already.

What's more shocking to me is that UConn would be a Tennessee girl's dream school to begin with, but that has nothing to do with Holly.

Reactions: 9 people
It's a shame she let two of the top ranked players in the country escape from her back yard in Tennessee and go elsewhere. Pat would of at least signed one of them, if not both. Holly is in over her head, and it will show once again in the NCAAT.

Oh yeah? Well who got MeMe??? :rock:

I couldn't agree more, can't coach, can't motivate and can't recruit equals the demise of Lady Vol basketball, it's a given.

Is Holy doing enough on the recruiting front?
Two tn players are going elsewhere in 2016. The lady Vols used to have a stranglehold on instate players. Crystal Dangerfield committed to Uconn and Chassity Carter going to vandy in 2016.

Gosh the way some of you talk, you'd think we better just go ahead and shut the program down.

It has been readily discussed that Dangerfield has stated it has been her dream to play for UCONN.

What has Holly done recruiting wise?? Oh lets see... Well she signed the #1 recruit in the country last year in Russell... oh and then there's the National Freshman Player of the Year in DeShields... oh and then there's this girl they say may be pretty good named Te'a Cooper.

You guys make me sick. Holly sucks. Holly is horrible. Holly can't coach. Go find another team to support if you hate her so much.

Reactions: 18 people
The only question about Holly's recruiting is the lack of another post player or two.
Next year Cooper, DeShields and Jackson
Last Year Nared, Middleton and Dunbar
2103 Russell, Tucker and Reynolds
That's not good recruiting ?

Reactions: 8 people
She hasn't missed anywhere except post players. That is it. No reason to have Jordan Reynolds, Te'a Cooper, and Draya Carter at point guard and add a fourth player. That position is secure. Wing players Diamond DeShields, Jackson, Middleton, Tucker maybe, Jones, Dunbar, and Nared, no need for anyone there. Russell, Graves, Moore need some help that is where she has failed.
People who keep bringing up Dangerfield and even Chassity really don't understand recruiting. We are full at those positions with players as good or better. Now looking in the post I may be willing to say we have failed. If she passed on any great post players from Tennessee or failed to secure them I could understand this post. That is where we are failing and is the main reason we have five losses this season.

wth do you mean? The armchair desk jockeys on VN don't know recruiting? They are experts on everything basketball? :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
I couldn't agree more, can't coach, can't motivate and can't recruit equals the demise of Lady Vol basketball, it's a given.

You must have a miserable life or you are a troll. You never have anything good to say about any Vol team. Crawl in your hole and don't come out.

Reactions: 6 people
You must have a miserable life or you are a troll. You never have anything good to say about any Vol team. Crawl in your hole and don't come out.

I agree. It must be the lowest life existence to have nothing better to do than to troll a fan board. There are so many on here.

Reactions: 1 person
Gosh the way some of you talk, you'd think we better just go ahead and shut the program down.

It has been readily discussed that Dangerfield has stated it has been her dream to play for UCONN.

What has Holly done recruiting wise?? Oh lets see... Well she signed the #1 recruit in the country last year in Russell... oh and then there's the National Freshman Player of the Year in DeShields... oh and then there's this girl they say may be pretty good named Te'a Cooper.

You guys make me sick. Holly sucks. Holly is horrible. Holly can't coach. Go find another team to support if you hate her so much.

Callin' 'em out big time ! :good!:

Reactions: 8 people

We should have had 4 true posts this year. It is neither a deficiency in recruiting or a bad job by Holly that 2 got hurt.

Be great if we had a troll filter on here! :yes:

It would be one thing if all these negative posters had just joined VolNation because their mother bought them a laptop for their birthday and they decided to post junior high school content simply because they could get away with it but that doesn't appear to be the case. What I find remarkable is that some of these posters have been members for years and have posted thousands of times.
Yet, as far as Holly and recruiting goes, they're clueless.

Check the pt she's got coming in next year, she's doing fine in recruiting, so step back off the ledge or jump... U pick

We should have had 4 true posts this year. It is neither a deficiency in recruiting or a bad job by Holly that 2 got hurt.

Only one was a five and that is Russell. Plus it was not this year's roster that was lacking it is next year's as you can't always project injuries. I think you should carry five or six posts for that very reason. Next season Russel is our only five coming off injury and then we have Graves and Moore not enough to compete with all the bigs South Carolina has on their roster. We need more post players to rebound with them they beat us twice because of their advantage on the boards.
Holly has tried to up her roster of post players both seasons she has missed on every post players she was recruiting.

VN Store

Back