final stats for MeMe Jackson

kamoshika

Jackson averaged 9.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.3 assists, and 1.5 steals per game this year:
MeMe Jackson's (Murfreesboro, TN) Girls Basketball Stats

Positives (based on numbers alone)
* solid 1.96 asst-to-TO ratio
* only had more than 3 turnovers in 4 games
* doesn't foul frequently
* decent rebounder

Negatives
* all-around poor shooter (FGs & FTs)
* surprisingly low number of steals
* doesn't draw many fouls

i don't like this part

Negatives
* all-around poor shooter (FGs & FTs)

Well we can all revel in the fact that her 3-pt % was better than Dangerfield's! (32% to 30%)

In all honesty tho, I think she will play a very good role for the LVs. She is super athletic, wants to win and plays hard. Hopefully she will put in the work to improve all around!

Reactions: 3 people
Not gonna lie...these are pretty pathetic numbers. Im hoping it was just a result of the system they ran but sheesh even then.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm more than positive Jackson wasn't recruited for her "offensive prowess". In most games this year Jackson is always always always put on the opposing team's best player. Against Blackmon there were almost NO standout individual performances. She's to her team what Jasmine Jones/Andraya Carter is to ours. Jasmine never had that many steals yet she was a major defensive force. I like Jackson's game but if she wants to be more than a role player on this team, she'll most definitely have to work on her offensive game throughout her career at UTenn.

I'm more than positive Jackson wasn't recruited for her "offensive prowess". In most games this year Jackson is always always always put on the opposing team's best player. Against Blackmon there were almost NO standout individual performances. She's to her team what Jasmine Jones/Andraya Carter is to ours. Jasmine never had that many steals yet she was a major defensive force. I like Jackson's game but if she wants to be more than a role player on this team, she'll most definitely have to work on her offensive game throughout her career at UTenn.

No matter how good she is on defense, she won't be anything more than a 5 minute a game player without better offensive numbers. Tennessee struggles on offense with imbalanced scorers on the floor. Then need to be able to spread the offense and the player that gets open shoots the ball. I hope she works hard on her offensive game before coming to Knoxville because her size and athleticism can be a great asset to the team.

Anybody know her stats her So and Jr year? Where they as bad as her Sr year or did she just have a bad Sr season.

One thing I have learned after following recruiting in football and basketball over the years is that many highly rated high school players turn out to be average at best in college. Many three star players turn out to be damn good.

Let's see how Jackson turns out, she may surprise the heck out of everyone.

You can't just be a defensive player and expect to help a team with national title aspirations. That worked 10-15 years ago, when most teams were bad offensively--but as UT should have learned by now, you HAVE to be good offensively and defensively if you want to win a national title. That is precisely why UConn is so formidable--and one reason why UT has struggled for several years. We are better offensively this year; still, players who can't score or who are not very comfortable in their offensive role can really muck up an offense. We've seen this with Jones--who has a bad habit of turning the ball over--and we've seen it with Graves, though she's certainly improved her offensive game this year. You really have to have guards who are pretty good on both ends. Anyway, I hope MeMe is GoodGood. We can't afford to be missing on recruits at this stage.

Last edited:
Jackson and Middleton will have their time to shine when Reynolds and Carter graduate. Dunbar will have an opportunity next year with the dearth of post players.

Geez, I guess everyone on here knows so much better than the coaches, right? How about at least seeing her play a game before you bash her? Dearica Hamby only averaged 10 PPG her senior year in high school, only played varsity for two years, and now is one of the best players in the nation. Who's going to want to come here if they know this is how fans treat their players? I sure hope Meme doesn't read these.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Geez, I guess everyone on here knows so much better than the coaches, right? How about at least seeing her play a game before you bash her? Dearica Hamby only averaged 10 PPG her senior year, only played varsity for two years, and now is one of the best players in the nation. Who's going to want to come here if they know this is how fans treat their players? I sure hope Meme doesn't read these.

I hope recruits will realize that these message boards are full of people who just have no life and like to bring about negative energy! Plus the people on this message board only represent a small fraction of all LadyVol fans across the country.

Reactions: 4 people
um..there is absolutely no reason a girl with those stats should be a Lady Vol...good grief...here we go again

This young lady was offered by about every school in the SEC and she was offered by Louisville. If she was so bad other coaches wouldn't' have continued to recruit her after she verbaled to Tennessee! She even said that opposing coaches tried to convince her to go elsewhere because Tennessee is loaded. People keep complaining about Holly and recruiting but there is a lot of things that goes on behind the scenes including negative comments and dirty tactics used to steer recruits. It was also said that a coach copied and pasted a comment from one of Tennessee's message board and sent it to a recruit telling her that's why you should not go to Tennessee. Recruiting can get very dirty and you will be surprised at what level people will go to win over a recruit. Handlers are involved sometimes and they want something in return. You will be shocked. Just saying.

Reactions: 4 people
When I saw her play it really seemed like she tried NOT to score. However, in every other aspect I thought she was fantastic. Great vision and passer and very good defender. She'll be a good one for the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back