Gatora state POY list

The Connecticut state pick is a Maryland commit... so???

Conn: THE FUTURE: Gillespie has signed with Maryland.

Reactions: 4 people
USA Today/Gatorade POY's

The Tennessee state pick is a UConn commit. A reflection of the current state of UTenn recruiting?

It has been posted repeatedly that Dangerfield stated that UConn has always been her dream school. With Te'a Cooper committed plus Jordan Reynolds and Alexa Middleton on the roster, it was hard to convince Dangerfield to stay home. Cooper will not disappoint! I think Tennessee is going hard after, Kiara Lewis an elite guard from Chicago that's also in the same class as Dangerfield. I think their is strong interest from 6'4" post player Krystalline McCune from Louisville, who has an offer, been on an unofficial visit to Tennessee and with a post player committing to Louisville a few days ago, Tennessee may gain some momentum. I don't think recruiting is as bad as it seems.

Reactions: 4 people
I think a perimeter of Diamond, Te'a, and Andraya is going to be tough to score on. If Russell is ready and we use Jones in the post then on paper the best defensive team we have had in years. Add Graves, Reynolds, Tucker, Jackson, Middleton, and Nared. We will have a of depth as well.
I honestly believe we will be able to compete with UConn for the first time in years.

Reactions: 9 people
If Russell is healthy and works hard to improve, next year Tennessee will be able to compete with ANYONE.

I wholeheartedly agree! ALOT hinges upon Mercedes Russell next year.....I hope for our sake she lives up to her #1 ranking. Its true post players take time to develop but I think Mercedes could come in and dominate next year if she works tough over the summer.

Reactions: 3 people
I hope TN looks at the MS player of the year. Only a sophomore, averaged 19 points, 7 assists, and 5 steals per game. On a top team (US Ranked) Have any of you in west TN seen her play? Olive Branch is so near Memphis. Kids name is Myah Taylor.
And, 405 assists to 94 turnovers!
But also, 5 technicals. Must be Fiesty!

Last edited:
The above stats were for ninth and tenth grade. This year, her numbers were: 18 ppg 8.2 assists 4.5 steals; 48% field goals (57% on 2 pointers) 34% 3 pointers 63% free throws. 245 assists to 49 turnovers. No technical fouls this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I hope TN looks at the MS player of the year. Only a sophomore, averaged 19 points, 7 assists, and 5 steals per game. On a top team (US Ranked) Have any of you in west TN seen her play? Olive Branch is so near Memphis. Kids name is Myah Taylor.

I wonder what schools she is considering?

I have a cousin who stays in Olive Branch MS....I'm going to have to go down there and check her out in my Orange one day lol.....but seriously, stats don't lie and she seems like she can score the ball at a high clip....which is something we need!

Reactions: 1 person
According to a June 2014 article which discussed her HS team "team camping" at Mississippi State these are the schools of interest:

Arizona, Arkansas State, Baylor (offer), Jackson State (offer), Louisville, LSU, Memphis (offer), Mississippi State (offer), Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Southern Miss (offer), Vanderbilt, Wake Forest

At least in June it appears that her offers were from lower tier schools (with the possible exception of Baylor) with interest from about half the SEC. That, of course, is not to say that things haven't changed since then, but this is the only info I've been able to find, so far.

Jim

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back