uconn schedule

willford65

I think i have a pretty good reason why UConn is so good.First of all look at the weak conference they are in. No wonder they blow right thru there schedule and defeat them by more than 40 or 50 points. Dont get me wrong they have great players but this conference is nothing but scrimmage games, and then when they do play a formable foe they :dry: play outstanding because of all the "practice games" they endure. I say put them in the SEC where the bottom tier is better than the second place team in their league.

Reactions: 2 people
UCONN is a great team regardless of the conference, but it sure as hell helps them to be able to coast through one of the CRAPPIEST conferences in the nation year after year.

Reactions: 1 person
I think i have a pretty good reason why UConn is so good.First of all look at the weak conference they are in. No wonder they blow right thru there schedule and defeat them by more than 40 or 50 points. Dont get me wrong they have great players but this conference is nothing but scrimmage games, and then when they do play a formable foe they :dry: play outstanding because of all the "practice games" they endure. I say put them in the SEC where the bottom tier is better than the second place team in their league.

IMO, South Florida would finish in the upper third of the SEC.

UConn wins because they have talent, players that are ready to step up, and excellent coaching. If they played in the SEC, they would still win all of their games by 30.

UConn wins because they have talent, players that are ready to step up, and excellent coaching. If they played in the SEC, they would still win all of their games by 30.

I really doubt that. It's one thing to play physical games each week rather than playing scrimmage games against a bunch of tomato cans each week.

Reactions: 7 people

Not true at all. They drilled the best team in our conference. I do not understand the need to be so jealous of other teams.

Reactions: 10 people
How did they do when they were in the Big East ? Would they win every game by 45 if they were in the SEC ? No. Probably only by 25-35. Ask USC.
Last year UConn was 15-0 against top 25 teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

I doubt that very seriously.

UCONN is a great team regardless of the conference, but it sure as hell helps them to be able to coast through one of the CRAPPIEST conferences in the nation year after year.

Last year that crappy conference had two teams in the field of 8 at the NCAAT and the eventual winner. The SEC had 1 team in the field of 8 and that was as far as they went.

How did they do when they were in the Big East ? Would they win every game by 45 if they were in the SEC ? No. Probably only by 25-35. Ask USC.
Last year UConn was 15-0 against top 25 teams.

So, you're saying Uconn played 15 top 25 teams during their regular season? I don't think that happened. I could be wrong.

I'd say most of those top 25 were in the tournament. Nice to be able to rest during the regular season.

It probably means they were 15-0 against teams that were in the top 25 when the game was played, and they probably played some of those teams more than once. They played Louisville and Rutgers 3 times each. It seems very probable they were 15-0

So practice games against bad teams make you better than practice games against good team? Interesting theory. Whatever they are doing, I wish we would do also.

Reactions: 3 people
I'd say most of those top 25 were in the tournament. Nice to be able to rest during the regular season.

10-0 during the regular season
2-0 in the AACT
3-0 in the NCAAT vs top 25 last year.
Not "most" but in fact only a third were in post season play.

UCONN this season played only 4 teams currently ranked in the Top 25: STANFORD (Loss - Geno had his hands on his hips in that game), NOTRE DAME, DUKE, and SOUTH CAROLINA.

15-0? You are counting LAST YEAR'S games?

I doubt they have played that many top 25 teams ever during a regular season including post season.

I doubt they have played that many top 25 teams ever during a regular season including post season.

You asked for it.
Stanford
Maryland
Penn State
Duke
Cal
Baylor
Rutgers X 2
Louisville X 2
That's 10 regular season games against top 25
Rutgers
Louisville in the AACT
Texas A&M
Stanford
ND in the NCAAT
15 games against the top 25 ranked teams.
Anything else I can do for you ?

If you still don't believe me

You asked for it.
Stanford
Maryland
Penn State
Duke
Cal
Baylor
Rutgers X 2
Louisville X 2
That's 10 regular season games against top 25
Rutgers
Louisville in the AACT
Texas A&M
Stanford
ND in the NCAAT
15 games against the top 25 ranked teams.
Anything else I can do for you ?

If you still don't believe me

Average margin of victory was probably 20+ ppg against those teams too.

how many years have they been in the crappy conference? They would demolish any conference they're put in.

[/B]

I really doubt that. It's one thing to play physical games each week rather than playing scrimmage games against a bunch of tomato cans each week.

No, really. They had Louisville, South Florida and Rutgers last season in the AAC, and still romped past all of them as well as anyone else they played.

If anything, playing in a weak conference has the potential to hurt UConn, not benefit them...because if they come up against a top tier team after playing cupcakes, they might be unprepared for the level of competition upgrade. The problem is that they treated Duke, South Carolina and Notre Dame the same way they treated any team in the AAC...like they stole something from them.

UConn is a dominant team in spite of their conference, not because of it. Suggesting otherwise is sour grapes.

Reactions: 4 people
Is this a serious thread?!? Idc what conference they're in.....they still win Championships or at least compete for one year in and year out!

VN Store

Back