My fear....

CAVPUT

Embracing the inner nega in all of us
The lady vols go the way of old dominion and la tech? First uconn surpassed us. Now we're falling behind some of our SEC competition. The LVs were the one constant on the hill. Now we seem to be a shadow of what we once were. Not winning the SEC once seemed a ridiculous thought. Today shook me. Has our day passed? Someone give me something, anything to put me at ease.

Reactions: 2 people
The lady vols go the way of old dominion and la tech? First uconn surpassed us. Now we're falling behind some of our SEC competition. The LVs were the one constant on the hill. Now we seem to be a shadow of what we once were. Not winning the SEC once seemed a ridiculous thought. Today shook me. Has our day passed? Someone give me something, anything to put me at ease.

Step away from the edge...The lady vols will always be there no matter what...The SEC is the toughest womens bball league in the country from top to bottom can't win it every year especially with the coaches we have in the league UT will always be there and ready for the NCAA tourney

Reactions: 6 people

Diamonds are foreverrrrrr!!! (Diamond DeShields).....Mercedes Russell....Tea Cooper....Jannah Tucker (fully healthy) ....that alone should give you some hope of what's to come next year!

Reactions: 11 people
Diamonds are foreverrrrrr!!! (Diamond DeShields).....Mercedes Russell....Tea Cooper....Jannah Tucker (fully healthy) ....that alone should give you some hope of what's to come next year!

Jones is back next year too :rock: but but no no no the lady vols are going to fall in down and not be good again I have no idea why some people have that way of thinking or mindset

We've won the SEC tournament 16 times since 1980. It isn't like we're winning it every year.

Reactions: 8 people

I thought it passed years ago

Nonsense; Louisiana Tech and Old Dominion went to pot when major schools started putting money into WBB. You guys will have a lot of talent coming in next year, you have facilities, great fan support and good coaching. Rumors of your demise have been greatly exaggerated.

We'll be fine. Has the rest of the country gotten better over the last few years? Yes. But the Lady Vols are and will continue to be one of the top programs in the country. That's not changing anytime soon.

We will be alright. Next year should be the start of our climb back to the number one spot. So much talent there. However I'm going to try to temper my expectations until I see what we actually can do next year with all that top talent. Holly has done well in her three seasons. Two sec reg season titles and a tournament title. Just hope we can start getting back to the final four at least once every two or three years

ya gotta give props to dawn and what she has been able to accomplish at sc and how she has brought tremendous success there in such a short period of time.

Reactions: 1 person
Ya agree with other posters..... the LVs are in good shape..... nobody is going to be dominant as we go forth in WCBB not even UC...... we are in good shape Holly is recruiting well,,,, SC will be good for a few years and who knows if Dawn gets traction... If yes so be it. But Tennessee will always be relevant

Step away from the edge...The lady vols will always be there no matter what...The SEC is the toughest womens bball league in the country from top to bottom can't win it every year especially with the coaches we have in the league UT will always be there and ready for the NCAA tourney

Fully agree jumping from the tallest building is over reaction. Next year we will be loaded. My only fear is the fact that some very good State of Tennessee players, such as Nina Davis, are choosing other school. Dawn Staley now have State of South Carolina high school girl basketball players thinking USC first. We need to get the same mindset in the State of Tennessee. We do need an additional big for next year because USC proved that size matters.

I know we can't tie people up and make them choose Tennessee but recruitment needs to be top 5 for 2016. We should never end the recruitment season with two to three scholarships unfilled. We have to stop living in the past because it takes more than the name Tennessee to recruit.

We've won 3 of the last 4 regular season titles and 4 of the last 6 tourney titles. Our day has not passed. Especially considering what is sitting on our bench in street clothes.

What you are on to is that there is definitely a transition in the SEC right now. While Tennessee has always been top dog, there has usually been a close challenger that pushed us or topped us on occasion.

Auburn and Georgia in the 90's, LSU in the mid 2000's, Kentucky in the late 2000's-early 2010. What South Carolina has done by winning a second consecutive regular season title and tournament is clearly supplanted UK and Texas A&M as that 1a/1b team to Tennessee. Quite frankly I welcome it because the program has not been challenged like they will by SC since Augustus/Fowles were at LSU. This feels different because South Carolina's rise is based on matching top 5 talent unlike Kentucky who tried to overthrow us with lesser talent and hack and slap BS defensive tactics.

Staley has some talent at USC, no question--but she's never won anything. And neither has Warlick.

Remember when auburn had that really good player I think her name was bonner??? Anyway it seems like for a couple years we were playing second fiddle to auburn and as a matter of fact we were finishing like 5th or 6th in the sec and this was with pat still coaching. Considering the circumstances, I think holly has done a good job from keeping Tennessee from becoming irrelevant in wcbb. I know it's been some time since we've been an elite team, but we had periods of downtime during pats tenure as well.

Wow, do we ever work at making every thing so insurmountable and our glory days are gone to never return. I choose to look to the future as a place that the Lady Vols will be one of the strong players, on and on.

UConn will go down hill when Geno leaves! La Tech went down hill when Leon Barnmore left, same for Old Dominion. We've managed to stay there or there abouts for years. Recruiting better will lead to wins.

"Not one single Lady Vol has started every game this season. Reynolds has started in all but one game"

Being healthy might help us too!

DeShields and Russell will be a big boost next season as will Tucker.

South Carolina and Kentucky will give the Lady Vols some stiff competition for an SEC championship as long as Staley and Mitchell stay at their respective programs.

As long as Aureimma stays at UConn, they will be the linchpin of women's basketball.

i never get bent out of shape over women's basketball. what would my fear even be?

The Lady Vols are 27-5 with losses to #2 Notre Dame, #3 South Carolina, #17 Chattanooga, and Texas. Not exactly a bad year.

Reactions: 5 people
We've won the SEC tournament 16 times since 1980. It isn't like we're winning it every year.

Name another SEC team that even comes close to that many wins? If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time USC has won the tournament. If Holly had Izzy and Mercedes on the floor today, It most likely would have been a different game.

Fully agree jumping from the tallest building is over reaction. Next year we will be loaded. My only fear is the fact that some very good State of Tennessee players, such as Nina Davis, are choosing other school. Dawn Staley now have State of South Carolina high school girl basketball players thinking USC first. We need to get the same mindset in the State of Tennessee. We do need an additional big for next year because USC proved that size matters.

I know we can't tie people up and make them choose Tennessee but recruitment needs to be top 5 for 2016. We should never end the recruitment season with two to three scholarships unfilled. We have to stop living in the past because it takes more than the name Tennessee to recruit.

Teacher we agree here. The BEST player in the state of Tennessee is committed to UCONN. The worst of all possible teams to allow to get the best player in our state. Recruiting rest squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. That is why we are not going to be relevant again till coaching improves. IMO I do not think Holly can ever get it done personally. Coaching is why I will not be surprised if we are out around the Sweet 16 level. Hopefully we go farther but I am not going to plan on it.

Name another SEC team that even comes close to that many wins? If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time USC has won the tournament. If Holly had Izzy and Mercedes on the floor today, It most likely would have been a different game.

Nope, we still lose with Holly at the helm.

VN Store

Back