Lady Vols Go Cold The Second Half

teacherdean

In the second half the Lady Vols were colder than a well diggers butt in the Winter in Montana. AMass was a mess and in the second half it appeared that USC wanted it more than The Lady Vols. We almost looked scared to shoot, and what was with Graves doing head fakes and passing up shots she can make. We were outplayed and out coached today. A repeat of this type of performance and this year's final 4 is only a dream.

Reactions: 2 people
Not coming out all fired up & ready to play in the 2nd half is NOT TN Lady Vol bb. They finally ran out of gas it appears.

Not coming out all fired up & ready to play in the 2nd half is NOT TN Lady Vol bb. They finally ran out of gas it appears.

This was a surprise to me after the way they have been playing. Maybe they can refilled and head on a run. If we play like we did in the second e key half, there are a lot of teams that can beat us. Graves has to have faith in her shot when she is left open from 10 to 15 feet. Amass, I really do not know what to say except she was useless today. She stood around a lot and for the last two games has been cold asan iceberg. Reynolds and Birdick were shooting good in the first half but either went cold or passed up a lot of outside shots. The ability to make free throws went South this game. We appeared to pass up a lot of shots in favor of passing the ball. Poor Nia Moore could not hold on to a ball. She is great in the key with no one on her. She appears to need strength training. The refs also allowed USC to elbow and push Nia and the other ladies around. There on the last it seemed as though we threw in the towel.

Reactions: 1 person
Time for the LadyVols to get it together and make some noise in the NCAAs. I just hope they aren't in UConn's bracket.

Time for the LadyVols to get it together and make some noise in the NCAAs. I just hope they aren't in UConn's bracket.

I don't see that it much matters which bracket we're put in, we won't get out of our regional. It would be nice to see us get to the Elite 8 & that's what I'm hoping for.

Embarrassing performance. #1 seed is unlikely after today and landing in UConn's bracket makes Tampa a long shot. Disappointing all around.

It's hard for me to believe we fell apart like we did in the 2nd half. Heck, it got so bad, we couldn't make a free throw when that part of the game was almost perfect for us. Holly will have to pump these girls up to where they play above their skills & abilities to win come the "Big Dance".

I think I saw a final four team, with the chance for a national championship. They played solid offense and good defense. It took the zebras to insure USCe to get them over the hump! I believe the lady's from Knoxville aren't done. Go Lady Vols!:rock:

Being in Maryland's bracket is our best chance of a good run, IMO. And geography is against us for that.

I have my big orange glasses on. The LadyVols could make a bit of a run if they're not in UConn's bracket

It does not matter what region we fall in, we have to play better than we did today. Does it really matter which region we are in? If we play number one, as a second seed, in any region, we are in the elite 8. Getting out of the elite 8 to the final 4 is going to be a tall order. If we play like we did today, we have a snowball's chance in hell to beat any of the suggested final four. I am less concerned about getting to UCONN, but more concerned about going through a mine field full of teams like the Lady Mocs and Princeton, etc. Worrying about UCONN is unnecessary, the concern is getting there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Teams fall apart at times like this, under stress, when it counts because of coaching, or rather a lack of said coaching. Bout what I expected. We will be lucky to make the Elite 8, I could see us even going out before the Sweet 16 if CHW does her normal coaching job in pressure packed situations. None the less,in spite of CHW, I will support the WBB go VOLS.

Perhaps, you mean some are. :hi:

Being concerned is neither whimsical or unhappy. I for one am very happy with the Ladies' accomplishments, but all that aside, I want them to win it all no matter how that might sound. To do that they have a little work to do.

We will make the sweet 16 easy, even as a 2 seed, we will play a 15 seed then a 7 seed at home, then we must play some good ball.:lolabove:

VN Store

Back