What's really going on with Jannah Tucker?

cricks12

Early in the season Jannah Tucker got in the game against Stanford with about 2 min left. Then she got in the Texas A&M, Tennessee has had comfortable leads where it seem she would be able to get some action. Now she doesn't dress out or even participates in warm ups. Is there anything missing that no one knows about because Tennessee could really use her offense. She would be a vital asset to them

Do we really need another one of these threads?
g_parker_195.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
Based upon the above photo, I would guess that she has sprained the middle finger of her left hand.

Reactions: 2 people
This has been addressed a million times. Yes, she has been cleared medically. Tucker has to gain strength and confidence in her knee to return to her High School All-American form. She had surgery to repair her ACL in 2013 and she had another surgery on the same knee to clean up and strengthen the ACL in 2014. Each surgery requires a year to 100% heal and return to normal. It has been reports that her shooting form and accuracy is back, but her lateral movement/quickness is a step slow for this level speed. I would guess after a strong off-season of strength and conditioning, Tucker should be ready to go in November. Let me go ahead in address Russell also. Russell's feet is 100% healed and is being reported that she is stronger and can jump and grab the rim. She is working with Coach Lockwood everyday and has improved a lot. Everybody should be 100% when next season starts.

Reactions: 6 people
Does Lockwood make our bigs better? Seems like a nice guy but I haven't seen much evidence of it over the years. Graves has developed an outsider jumper, and can drive to the basket and put the ball in when close, but she still doesn't have any real offensive moves in the paint.

Does Lockwood make our bigs better? Seems like a nice guy but I haven't seen much evidence of it over the years. Graves has developed an outsider jumper, and can drive to the basket and put the ball in when close, but she still doesn't have any real offensive moves in the paint.

Harrison hasn't improved?
Burdick hasn't improved?
Graves hasn't improved?

Reactions: 4 people
Our inside coach is now at Duke...
SSLNEZLVPOJPAYY.20091014210611.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Early in the season Jannah Tucker got in the game against Stanford with about 2 min left. Then she got in the Texas A&M, Tennessee has had comfortable leads where it seem she would be able to get some action. Now she doesn't dress out or even participates in warm ups. Is there anything missing that no one knows about because Tennessee could really use her offense. She would be a vital asset to them

If Tucker were ready to go, do you think that Holly would not play her, given the short handed bench?

She is rehabbing an ACL tear and had micro-fracture surgery last spring. It is OBVIOUSLY taking time for her to recover. No one needs to know any more than that.

Only Holly and Jannah know what is going on and of course a doctor or two that is treating her condition. I think next year it is play or medical scholarship. Playing will be difficult. We have enough perimeter players to field two teams. We lose one add three and If Tucker is ready 4.

Burdick hasn't improved?
Graves hasn't improved?

I am sure Dean is a good man but nothing seems to indicate that he has what it takes to improve our big people. I believe the if he was great at his job, Nia Moore would be a lot better. I think she has some potential upsides that have not been tapped.

Next year could be awesome if Tucker can play back to her high school form, along with Russell coming back and adding DeShields.

Other than Russell we don't have any big people. Graves is about 6'2" and Moore weighs 80 pounds. I think he has done a good job with Izzy and Nared.

Reactions: 3 people
Other than Russell we don't have any big people. Graves is about 6'2" and Moore weighs 80 pounds. I think he has done a good job with Izzy and Nared.

Graves, Moore, Jones, Nared, and Dunbar are all 6'2". We can still put a big lineup on the floor that creates mismatches for other teams as well.

One thing we know: You want get any information from the team or Warlick, given how absurdly obsessed the "privacy" law is these days--or UT's interpretation of the law. If someone gets a hangnail, or a sprained ankle, they won't say anything. Everything is ultra-sensitive.

Burdick hasn't improved?
Graves hasn't improved?

Harrison yes.

Burdick's career had been defined by inconsistency and underachievement until the last half of her senior season. Better late than never I guess.

Graves was an All-SEC player as a freshman. She isn't now.

You're forgetting something. Dean works with the post and last time I checked Cierra never been a post. She works with Elzy, who works with the wings. And Nared from the beginning of the year to now has improved as well as Nia with her face up game.

You're forgetting something. Dean works with the post and last time I checked Cierra never been a post. She works with Elzy, who works with the wings. And Nared from the beginning of the year to now has improved as well as Nia with her face up game.

He also worked with Glory Johnson who became an All-American. Beware that there is a lot of fake Lady Vols fans on this board who only purpose is to be negative and stir the pot. To say this man don't help develop post players is ignorant and stupid.

Reactions: 6 people
He also worked with Glory Johnson who became an All-American. Beware that there is a lot of fake Lady Vols fans on this board who only purpose is to be negative and stir the pot. To say this man don't help develop post players is ignorant and stupid.

I don't care how good or bad Dean is, we need one or two additional post players with size in height and weight. Russell will have to rest and may get into foul trouble. Nia is skinny and not the strongest post in the game. She needs serious weight training. The game is becoming much too physical for skinny post players. Look at the size of the post for the top 4 teams. Those girls are BIG. We have good guards and wings. We do need a consistent, or 2, 3 shooter. When AMass and others are hot from the outside we are almost unbeatable.

I will give Izzy her props, she was a great post for her size, but give her 40 or 50 additional lbs. and you have a super beast.

You're forgetting something. Dean works with the post and last time I checked Cierra never been a post.

Check again. High Post is Cierra's natural position. She has split her time at wing and high post throughout her career, and has spent the majority of her time at the 4 spot even rotating some at the 5 since Izzy's injury.

I don't care how good or bad Dean is, we need one or two additional post players with size in height and weight. Russell will have to rest and may get into foul trouble. Nia is skinny and not the strongest post in the game. She needs serious weight training. The game is becoming much too physical for skinny post players. Look at the size of the post for the top 4 teams. Those girls are BIG. We have good guards and wings. We do need a consistent, or 2, 3 shooter. When AMass and others are hot from the outside we are almost unbeatable.

I will give Izzy her props, she was a great post for her size, but give her 40 or 50 additional lbs. and you have a super beast.

I agree we need post players and consistent shooters. I was just pointing out that he does help develop post players.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back