Are you a fan or a troll?

madtownvol

15-1 in the SEC and co-champions. Defeated Ky, GA. Vandy, and took SC to the wire on the road. The LVs and CWS did all this after losing their best player and main post threat. Plus, the team has been down Russell (#1 recruit in the country and a top ten recruits Jannah Tucker and the teams best all-round athlete and defensive stopped Jasmine Jones).

No excuses made: the LVs are in a good position to again be a #1 seed.

Yet, there are still [edited] naysayers who look for every possible reason to trash Holly. She falls on on ice and breaks her wrist. For some "fans", this is a cause for criticism (see she is an uncoordinated doofus); in the midst of a great end of the season run, the rant is now well, the sky is falling because the LVs fell to second in fan attendance (so Holly can't coach).

Fans can't really complain about poor shooting and offensive execution anymore so now the complaints about Holly are not even basketball related. It just WE DON"T LIKE HOLLY because........[wait for it] she is not as good as Geno.

Fine, go to the freakin' Boneyard and knock yourselves out singing Geno's praises. You will be so much happier and you won't look like TROLLS (who are not the least bit attractive). Don't be a LV troll. Don't keep your Geno-affections hidden in the closet. Come out and be who you really are instead of expressing your repressed frustration in misplaced Holly hate.

For the rest of us, we enjoyed a major beat down of Vandy, a record tying 3 pt shooting by Ariel on senior night; a great game from Burdick on senior night and a great farewell for Izzy plus the icing on the cake of a co-championship in the Sec. This was fantastic night for LV fans.

[Addendum: Per my original use of the term, "misogynist," of course, one can be a critic of Holly without being that. However, a subset of her perennial critics on this board only come on after losses, to cast dispersions toward Holly; lament the unfairness of Title IX and so forth. I think for that segment, they 1) enjoy seeing the women's program have set-backs and 2) don't like seeing women succeed in what they regard as a man's profession. ]

Last edited:
Reactions: 25 people
Not that it really matters, but Jones was not a top 10 recruit. She was rated 39th in HoopGurlz.

Reactions: 2 people
Well holly will never be Pat... no one will be Pat but Pat. But she is as close as we could hope for. So I say Back Holly and the Lady Vols always. Congrates to co- champs and go get the SEC Tourament Championship. I have been to several SEC Championship and always rout for Lady Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
main-troll.jpg
Sometimes!

Reactions: 6 people
isnt she the only coach beside dominco(spelling) that hart didnt hire? also the only coach to have any type of championships in the last 4 years..

i say hart wants her fired because she is winning sec championships n that burns hart n cheek up...lol blue font?

isnt she the only coach beside dominco(spelling) that hart didnt hire? also the only coach to have any type of championships in the last 4 years..

i say hart wants her fired because she is winning sec championships n that burns hart n cheek up...lol blue font?

User name is a lie

What you can say about Holly is she has done a good job since she has been in charge. To do a great job she has to get to a final four because that is what is expected of Tennessee from the fans because this is the tradition that Pat Summit set and anything short is now an average season. I know it shouldn't be that way as winning conference titles and Tournament titles should be considered a great season. At Tennessee that is only an average season. If she ever takes that next step and gets this team to a final four then she will have satisfied even the worst critics at least until next season:) Definitely a tough job following Pat because she did great things and Tennessee fans now expect the final four. So here we go another chance to get there. I expect if we fail this board blows up for a week like it always does regardless of what Championships we have or games we've won this season.

Reactions: 3 people
What you can say about Holly is she has done a good job since she has been in charge. To do a great job she has to get to a final four because that is what is expected of Tennessee from the fans because this is the tradition that Pat Summit set and anything short is now an average season. I know it shouldn't be that way as winning conference titles and Tournament titles should be considered a great season. At Tennessee that is only an average season. If she ever takes that next step and gets this team to a final four then she will have satisfied even the worst critics at least until next season:) Definitely a tough job following Pat because she did great things and Tennessee fans now expect the final four. So here we go another chance to get there. I expect if we fail this board blows up for a week like it always does regardless of what Championships we have or games we've won this season.

:good!: yep.

15-1 in the SEC and co-champions. Defeated Ky, GA. Vandy, and took SC to the wire on the road. The LVs and CWS did all this after losing their best player and main post threat. Plus, the team has been down Russell (#1 recruit in the country and two top ten recruits (Jones, a defensive force and Jannah Tucker).

No excuses made: the LVs are in a good position to again be a #1 seed.

Yet, there are still misogynist naysayers who look for every possible reason to trash Holly. She falls on on ice and breaks her wrist. For some "fans", this is a cause for criticism (see she is an uncoordinated doofus); in the midst of a great end of the season run, the rant is now well, the sky is falling because the LVs fell to second in fan attendance (so Holly can't coach).

Fans can't really complain about poor shooting and offensive execution anymore so now the complaints about Holly are not even basketball related. It just WE DON"T LIKE HOLLY because........{wait for it] she is not as good as Geno.

Fine, go to the freakin' Boneyard and knock yourselves out singing Geno's praises. You will be so much happier and you won't look like TROLLS (who are not the least bit attractive). Don't be a LV troll. Don't keep your Geno-love hidden in the closet. Come out and be who you really are instead of expressing your repressed frustration in misplaced Holly hate.

For the rest of us, we enjoyed a major beat down of Vandy, a record tying 3 pt shooting by Ariel on senior night; a great game from Burdick on senior night and a great farewell for Izzy plus the icing on the cake of a co-championship in the Sec. This was fantastic night for LV fans.

I've been highly critical of HW the last 2 seasons because, quite frankly, I thought the team underachieved badly considering the amount of talent on the roster and I doubted HW's ability to get the most out of her players. But I will give credit where credit is due. I thought her in-game coaching was much better this season, and I think she and her staff deserve a lot of credit for getting everyone to step up their game following the loss of Izzy. One major criticism I had of HW was her seeming inability to get the most out of her players, and to get them to play as a cohesive unit both offensively and defensively. Maybe it took the loss of Izzy and so many people doubting this team's ability to overcome that loss, but whatever the reason, this team is playing like it actually wants to win championships, and that is something I have not seen from the LVs in a long time.

Reactions: 7 people
Co-Champs when they won the head to head is just plain stupid.

Not stupid at all to be Co-Champs. Every game counts they lost at Kentucky we won at Kentucky. The fact that we lost to them at their place does not mean we would lose to them at home if we had a chance to play that game. The fact is we won just as many conference games as they did. They may go into the tourney as the number one seed because you must have a system of tiebreakers and the SEC chooses head to head. Regardless this SEC title is as much ours as it is theirs and that is the way it will go down in the record books.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Not stupid at all the be Co-Champs. Every game counts they lost at Kentucky we won at Kentucky. The fact that we lost to them at their place does not mean we would lose to them at home if we had a chance to play that game. The fact is we won just as many conference games as they did. They may go into the tourney as the number one seed because you must have a system of tiebreakers and the SEC chooses head to head. Regardless this SEC title is as much ours as it is theirs and that is the way it will go down in the record books.

The imbalanced nature of the expanded SEC schedule is an important consideration. If that game had happened to be on the Summitt court, there is a very good chance that the LVs would have been undefeated. On the SC side, they went into the KY game knowing that they just needed to win to lock up the title, and they got badly outplayed.

I've been highly critical of HW the last 2 seasons because, quite frankly, I thought the team underachieved badly considering the amount of talent on the roster and I doubted HW's ability to get the most out of her players. But I will give credit where credit is due. I thought her in-game coaching was much better this season, and I think she and her staff deserve a lot of credit for getting everyone to step up their game following the loss of Izzy. One major criticism I had of HW was her seeming inability to get the most out of her players, and to get them to play as a cohesive unit both offensively and defensively. Maybe it took the loss of Izzy and so many people doubting this team's ability to overcome that loss, but whatever the reason, this team is playing like it actually wants to win championships, and that is something I have not seen from the LVs in a long time.

I can't improve on this sentiment - it echoes mine perfectly.

The OP's part about criticizing Holly equaling misogyny, though....you really want to play that card? People questioning Holly's head coaching resume, suggesting other candidates (Trish, Muffin, Dawn etc) were more qualified..is as far from misogyny as you can get. Same for criticism of lack of hustle and rebounding...which has happily become less of an issue.

Well holly will never be Pat... no one will be Pat but Pat. But she is as close as we could hope for. So I say Back Holly and the Lady Vols always. Congrates to co- champs and go get the SEC Tourament Championship. I have been to several SEC Championship and always rout for Lady Vols.

Agree, it's a tough job following a legend and she's doing a good job. The record to date is 89-16, only trolls or pseudo fans would complain about that.

The two teams had the same conference record. That equals co-champs. SC gets the no. 1 seed in the tournament because they beat us head to head. That is the way it should be on both counts.

Agree, it's a tough job following a legend and she's doing a good job. The record to date is 89-16, only trolls or pseudo fans would complain about that.

For quite some time our postseason results haven't mirrored our regular season successes. That needs to change in the next year or two...or our supply of McDonald All-Americans may begin to diminish. That would be bad.

No troll, no misogynist. '80 UT grad.

For quite some time our postseason results haven't mirrored our regular season successes. That needs to change in the next year or two...or our supply of McDonald All-Americans may begin to diminish. That would be bad.

Wasn't aware you were complaining, would like to win the NC this year! Congrats on your degree. :good!:

Absolutely, there is no argument that the LVs need to start making final four appearances again. What gets overlooked is that the slide began under CPS. The "baby vol" squad was the first LV team to never make it to the Sweet 16. Yes, it was a very young team but that circumstance reflects 1) a strategic mistake in recruiting and 2) even as freshman, that team had oodles more talent than Ball State. In the ensuing year, the LVs made significant improvements but ran into the Baylor buzz saw and then again in the next season. And this class had a great shot at the final four in its senior season, when Baylor was upset by Louisville but not could not close the deal in the Regional championship game (and in fact had a poor performance).

Of course, in those last 2 season, CPS was beginning to struggle with her disease and we can all appreciate the impact that would have but the fact remains that the final four drought is something Holly inherited and did not create and she has managed to still have recruiting success. Right now, Nared is looking like she is going to be a class player and I still have confidence that Middleton and Dunbar will become solid contributors as they develop. Next season, Russell (hopefully) comes back healthy, Cooper as a prize recruit, and DeShields should bring some go-to player fire power. Add those players to returning mix and the prospect seem very promising.

Reactions: 3 people

Stupid or not, those were the rules before the season started and every team had the same opportunity to stand alone as champion. We went on the road to beat Kentucky plus beat them at our place. South Carolina couldn't beat them on the road.

VN Store

Back