Iowa State over Baylor.

hopefully Lady Vols and Maryland are the 1-2 seed in each others region then the seeding does not matter at all...if both teams can navigate to the elite eight, then may the best win

Will the committee factor in our injuries when they hand out UT's seeding? If they do, we will probably be a 2 seed.

hopefully Lady Vols and Maryland are the 1-2 seed in each others region then the seeding does not matter at all...if both teams can navigate to the elite eight, then may the best win

Ugh, I don't like that match up. Brenda is a fierce competitor.

Will the committee factor in our injuries when they hand out UT's seeding? If they do, we will probably be a 2 seed.

It shouldn't, if UT continues to play at a high level similar to it's level pre-Harrison injury, IMO. The aspects can change, like rebounding. But UT still has depth and talent, and as long as they don't fall off a cliff or even stumble - which they haven't yet - then I think the committee would look past that...

Baylor losing the back-to-back games, and to unranked opponents, really knocked them out of the discussion IMO. A door really opened for UT as well as MD to step on in...

Ugh, I don't like that match up. Brenda is a fierce competitor.
I fully understand your point, but we will not be in the same regional as South Carolina. The UConn and Notre Dame regionals we could not win at all. That only leaves Maryland...most of us know we once again are not a final four team but that would give us the only shot...albeit still not a good one.

Should Kim Mulkey be fired? If this was Holly loosing two in a row to unranked teams, the Lady Vols and Holly would get drugged through the mud. People claim Mulkey is such a great coach, but she runs from competition. She bullies the officials by acting a total fool on the sideline to get calls. Baylor's winning percentage and schedule has been so good after the Grinder era because Mulkey schedules the easiest schedule possible. I'm glad they are getting exposed!

Reactions: 4 people
I fully understand your point, but we will not be in the same regional as South Carolina. The UConn and Notre Dame regionals we could not win at all. That only leaves Maryland...most of us know we once again are not a final four team but that would give us the only shot...albeit still not a good one.

You make great points and are absolutely correct in regard to SC, UConn, and ND. I'd be great if they could get a break and end up with another #2 seed. Although given the 2 seed candidates of UMD, Baylor, and Louisville I'm not confident we'd beat any of them.

Reactions: 1 person
Should Kim Mulkey be fired? If this was Holly loosing two in a row to unranked teams, the Lady Vols and Holly would get drugged through the mud. People claim Mulkey is such a great coach, but she runs from competition. She bullies the officials by acting a total fool on the sideline to get calls. Baylor's winning percentage and schedule has been so good after the Grinder era because Mulkey schedules the easiest schedule possible. I'm glad they are getting exposed!

I'm no great fan of Mulkey but she does have two National Championships. That's the difference....

I'm no great fan of Mulkey but she does have two National Championships. That's the difference....

Yeah she may have 2 championships, but look how long she has been coaching compared to Holly. Plus it don't take a mastermind coach to win a title with 6'9" Griner in the middle.

Yeah she may have 2 championships, but look how long she has been coaching compared to Holly. Plus it don't take a mastermind coach to win a title with 6'9" Griner in the middle.

She won her first championship in her 5th year at Baylor, without Griner. Holly better get busy...

I'm not going to lie....my expections for this year have been hampered due to Izzy's injury, but next year Holly will win her 1sr NC, mark my words! She's getting better and better as a HEAD COACH (total different job from her last for 30something odd years) each year! Next year she'll have some stout talent to work with....of course barring NO injuries!

I have to think there's a LOT of coaches who would have two championships if they had 2 seasons with Griner or Sims and 3 seasons WITH Griner AND Sims. The fact she only got 1 championship those 5 years is actual underachieving IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
I have to think there's a LOT of coaches who would have two championships if they had 2 seasons with Griner or Sims and 3 seasons WITH Griner AND Sims. The fact she only got 1 championship those 5 years is actual underachieving IMO.

And what's crazy....Mulkey only won ONE championship with those 2 the 3 years she had them together... She won her first in 2005 with Sophia Young. A really good undersized post player. So I'd have to agree with your opinion, she underachieved in my eyes as well with that talent. Grinder was a game changer and to only win one championship......

And what's crazy....Mulkey only won ONE championship with those 2 the 3 years she had them together... She won her first in 2005 with Sophia Young. A really good undersized post player. So I'd have to agree with your opinion, she underachieved in my eyes as well with that talent. Grinder was a game changer and to only win one championship......

I've always said this. You only win one title with one of the best players in women's basketball history. That is underachieving in my opinion.

I've always said this. You only win one title with one of the best players in women's basketball history. That is underachieving in my opinion.

That's a valid question, and like I said I'm certainly not a huge fan of Mulkey. But, she was the first coach to go 40-0, and I doubt anyone would argue Baylor was the most talented team in 2005.... they weren't even a 1 seed. That sets her apart from Holly right now....

Darth stfu!!!! How was it a valid question and Stubbs never posed a question....I can't stand Darth NegaVol ass!!!

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back