We Won

P.S. That one announcer is the most annoying announcer I have ever heard. She really grinds on your nerves.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people
Hard to go on the road again after the tough South Carolina game. Decent performance. Burdick and Massengale were good, offense was pretty good--but too many turnovers (16) and again gave up a lot of offensive rebounds. Onward.

Georgia benefited from the LV's hangover with the USC game. They were down physically and maybe a bit mentally. Georgia stayed in the game with there 3 point performance and a number of favorable calls. But, it's in the win column for the LV's.

Reactions: 3 people
This is a good win given back to back road games, the hangover from the SC game and the fact that GA was fighting for redemption.

Fortunately, the Lvs had a very good shooting night (exceptional in the first half) or this board could inundated with trolls who only come out after losses.

This current roster is struggling to control the boards and defend in the paint. Against SC, they had to overcome being over matched in terms of size but this is not the case for GA. This aspect of the game is a cause for concern.

Reactions: 1 person
This is a good win given back to back road games, the hangover from the SC game and the fact that GA was fighting for redemption.

Fortunately, the Lvs had a very good shooting night (exceptional in the first half) or this board could inundated with trolls who only come out after losses.

This current roster is struggling to control the boards and defend in the paint. Against SC, they had to overcome being over matched in terms of size but this is not the case for GA. This aspect of the game is a cause for concern.

How can anyone be a Naysayer about the Lady Vols after the last two games. Are they going to win an NC, more than likely not, but no one can question their heart. Size matters and we are missing the big in the middle. We do need to show up in the SEC tourney if we are to have any shot at a number one seed.

Reactions: 2 people
I liked the announcer/color woman, she was upbeat, happy to be there and not biased against the Lady Vols as so many seem to be. (Carolyn Peck, that means you!)

watching the replay as I type this, 2nd half just started.. still liking this announcer, :)

I liked the announcer/color woman, she was upbeat, happy to be there and not biased against the Lady Vols as so many seem to be. (Carolyn Peck, that means you!)[/QUTE]

She was annoying as are too many of the SECN announcers. They spend too much time talking about what they surmise the players and coaches are thinking rather than doing a good job on the play-by-play announcing of the actual game. JMO

Gule: You got that wrong. The "color commentator was most biased against the "Lady Vols" coming from her History od playing for Florida, being from Georgia, and playing with Dawn Staley twice in the Olymics! I found her to really be a "cruddy" announcer!

Reactions: 2 people
How can anyone be a Naysayer about the Lady Vols after the last two games. Are they going to win an NC, more than likely not, but no one can question their heart. Size matters and we are missing the big in the middle. We do need to show up in the SEC tourney if we are to have any shot at a number one seed.

In terms of seedings, the committee often works in mysterious ways and I think the LVs might be on the bubble of teams competing for a #1. The logic of the LVs aren't as good without Izzy could tip the balance toward a #2. So, I agree that they need to 1) take care of Vandy with solid performance and 2) then make a run in the SEC tournament. They may not have to win it all but odds are they need to get to the championship game to have a shot at a #1. If charlie Creme is correct, the LVs are fighting Maryland and Baylor for the last #1 slot.

We just have to hope that Maryland and Baylor losses in their tournaments. I would be okay with taking a 2 seed if we are in Baylor or Maryland's brackets. I do not want to be in UConn or Notre Dame brackets.

what game did ya'll watch? Surely wasn't the UGA/Tn game. Nothing wrong with the announcers at all.. Ya'll are just being little sissies....

Georgia always gets up for Tennessee. We beat them by less points at home and had Izzy playing. Nothing wrong with the way we played. First half we shot great second half not so much. That is how it goes in basketball.

Georgia always gets up for Tennessee. We beat them by less points at home and had Izzy playing. Nothing wrong with the way we played. First half we shot great second half not so much. That is how it goes in basketball.

First half we had 12 assists. Not very many 2nd half

I've always followed the Scout board for UGa, and am kinda saddened that the board is a shell of what it has been in the past (I mean, number of threads & posts). They didn't even bother to discuss either of our games this season. I miss the anger & fist-shaking :shakehead: But anyway, what I'm posting about is a thread they have going where they're debating whether or not UGa should accept an invitation to the WNIT, if their season came to that. That's sad enough in itself - didn't they start the season in the top 20?

Anyway, my question is: If you weren't going to the NCAA, why would you NOT go to the WNIT?

Anyway, my question is: If you weren't going to the NCAA, why would you NOT go to the WNIT?

Must be Andy Lander's stubborn pride. Whether GA goes to the WNIT or not, though they still miss the NCAA tournament and had a substandard season. And the WNIT is another opportunity for player development and laying a foundation for next season. I agree, it really makes no sense.

I liked the announcer/color woman, she was upbeat, happy to be there and not biased against the Lady Vols as so many seem to be. (Carolyn Peck, that means you!)

She is a Rank Amateur. I am shocked she has the job doing a women's college basketball game. Her lack of skills is much more suited to high school girl's radio broadcasts.

Do you have any idea who Delisha Milton-Jones is? Certainly her broadcasting experience lags behind her playing experience, but her knowledge level probably outweighs 95% of the color commentators out there. I expect that she will retire from the WNBA in the next year or two and go into coaching or broadcasting.

I think she was just fine. and since my opinion is always correct, ya'll just be quiet.... :)

VN Store

Back