Oklahoma beats Baylor

teacherdean

Good news for Tennessee, Oklahoma beat Baylor 68 to 64. The Ladies need to stay the course. I am happy for the Lady Vols and what this could mean.:good!:

Reactions: 1 person
They must win the next 2 games, and at least make the final of the SEC Tourney for it to really matter. I do love seeing Baylor lose though. I didn't remember OU had 9 losses

Reactions: 2 people
no one likes Baylor, so its nice to see them lose...but the Lady Vols will have to win the SEC tourney and at least have Maryland lose as well to have any shot at a 1 seed...we are almost locked into a 2 at this point unless something crazy happens to force us down to a 3

They must win the next 2 games, and at least make the final of the SEC Tourney for it to really matter. I do love seeing Baylor lose though. I didn't remember OU had 9 losses

The good thing is the ball is in the Lady Vols court they need to continue to play hard and leave it all out on the court. I believe the Ladies can do it. I really think that Holly's coaching has improved and the team is playing better.

Reactions: 4 people
This is good news for the Lady Vols, They will win the next two games and may win the SEC Tournament or at least lose in the final game, either ony should give them a # 1.

no one likes Baylor, so its nice to see them lose...but the Lady Vols will have to win the SEC tourney and at least have Maryland lose as well to have any shot at a 1 seed...we are almost locked into a 2 at this point unless something crazy happens to force us down to a 3

If we win out, including the SEC tournament, we will be a 1 seed.

I believe that TN needs to win out or have MD stumble. MD actually has a better resume than Baylor in terms of top 25/top 50.

If we win out, including the SEC tournament, we will be a 1 seed.
it is 50/50...but I would say the selection committee would seed UT as a 2 because of the Harrison injury and not wanting to put two SEC teams in as a 1 seed...UConn, South Carolina, and Notre Dame are locked into number 1's...followed by Maryland and UT...UT will probably be a two seed and any of those 4 will be very tough to beat to make a final four
after the Harrison injury, the committee will look for any reason not to give UT a one seed and we gave them that reason Monday night...regardless if it is fair or not, that is the way it works

lol...just ignore anybody that does not agree with exactly what you think and say...why even have a message board then...blind leading the blind around here

Great news we need them to suffer a tourney loss while we win our last two games and also the tournament.

I'm glad Baylor lost. Its not fair that the other potential 1 seeds actually go out and play someone in the non-conference while Kim Mulkey schedules a bunch of cupcake teams each year. She will not schedule any one that she thinks will beat them. She dropped UConn, Tennessee and Notre Dame from their schedule. Proceeded then to stock up on cupcakes so she could boost her wining percentage/record and look good in the eyes of recruits. I hope they continue to get exposed! I really wish that the refs will quit letting her bully them into calling a foul every time one of her players get touched. I have seen opposing teams scared to even touch Nina Davis because they know a foul will be called because Mulkey is on the sideline spinning in circles like a tornado! Maybe if Holly result to this we will get calls, because Harrison and Graves have been battered all season with no whistle.

Reactions: 6 people
At this point, it is about the Lady Vols putting confidence in the minds of the selection committee that we are a #1 seed without Izzy. In order to do that, we MUST win. With Baylor loosing is sheds light on all the ludicrous comments on this board saying our season is over. It proves anything can happen. We could potentially have 12 more games to this season. Injuries, as well all know too well, can happen at any time to any team. The task at hand is clear for the Vols, one game at a time, and win. "projections" are opinions with a fancier word. I hope, and believe, we come to play this last quarter of lady vol basketball so we can truly prove our #1 seed.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back