Te'a Cooper in final five for Naismith player

Auri- enema continues to lure young ladies to the frozen and isolated tundra of Storrs Ct. :crazy:
Congrats Ms.Cooper and welcome to Tennessee ! :clap:

Where else would you go if you wanted to win a CShip? Or be coached by the best?

You got that right. Most high school superstars are not interested in going to a school that is trying to get there they must be headed there. Like the Tennessee Lady Vols of old, Geno can guarantee a player that they will be part of at least one Championship before they graduate. What a recruiting tool, remember those days Lady Vols fans!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, two of the five players are going to UConn but the thing to point out is that the young ladies are ranked 1 - 7 and #19 on ESPN top 100 and based on this honor, I think Ms. Cooper is going to turn out better than 19 out of this class - great job by the LV staff and CHW in recruiting her. Adding her to next year's team plus the returning players and a healthy Jones, Russell, DeShield and Tucker will make for some great things to come for the Lady Vols

Reactions: 2 people
But surely there are talented girls that want to BEAT uconn instead of BE uconn. Hopefully we can find those girls!

I believe that the players next year will be in that neighborhood. I looked at some video on MeMe Jackson and she looks like a pretty good find, not Te'a but not bad. We will be loaded at guard and the 3 and 4 positions. I see a very good future with this team.

of the Year.

Naismith Trophy GirlÂ’s High School Player of the Year, presented by Hilton Worldwide

McEachern High School is also in the final four for the Georgia basketball Championship.

I have a friend whose daughter plays for the team that is facing McEachern ( and signed a scholarship to play at UGA) in the State semi finals Saturday. They lost to them in the Finals last year. He said Cooper is the real deal and also saw Diamond Deshields play and said she is unbelievable too ( as we all know from her freshman season last year at UNC) if Mercedes Russell plays at full strength next year the Lady Vols should be hard to beat.

Reactions: 4 people
Yea ESPN shanked her on the recruiting rankings....at the time they hadn't updated their rankings but as soon as Tea commits to Tenn, she magically falls to #19! Before that she was #3 in the country. I've seen Tea play as well and I love eee Ariel for all she's worth but Tea actually plays defense and drives the ball aggressively to the basket, which is something I don't see a lot of our gaurda doing. I know some people are going to say "oooo Tenn fans always think their freshman are going to come in and make an impact"....well I can guarantee you this one will!!! I'll even put money on it, we got a good one.....most def an upgrade from Ariel

Reactions: 5 people
Yea ESPN shanked her on the recruiting rankings....at the time they hadn't updated their rankings but as soon as Tea commits to Tenn, she magically falls to #19! Before that she was #3 in the country. I've seen Tea play as well and I love eee Ariel for all she's worth but Tea actually plays defense and drives the ball aggressively to the basket, which is something I don't see a lot of our gaurda doing. I know some people are going to say "oooo Tenn fans always think their freshman are going to come in and make an impact"....well I can guarantee you this one will!!! I'll even put money on it, we got a good one.....most def an upgrade from Ariel

And she will be an equal to Reynolds as a Freshman. The competition at the point guard spot is next year is going to be fierce.

But Prospects Nation still has her thus:
Te'a Cooper
Height: 5'8"
High School: McEachern HS (Powder Springs, Ga.)
City: Powder Springs
State: Georgia
Position: PG
Position Rank: 1
Nat'l Rank: 3
Rating:
Number Rating: 97
Class: 2015
Committed School: Tennessee :lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person
she is a great get...I hope that losing out on Durr does not come back to hurt us...no way we should let a Georgia girl get to Louisville

No inside information, but just rumors. It was said that Durr was leaning towards Tennessee, but with Cooper committing it lead her to look elsewhere. My thing is that you can't go wrong with either Cooper or Durr. Cooper is being compared to Odyssey Sims and Durr is being compared to Skylar Diggins. It will be exciting watching these young ladies the next 4 seasons. As fans we can't sleep on Jackson, with her scrappy style of play and toughness, she will surprise a lot of people. Jackson's game is similar to Alexis Hornbuckle. She's a streaky shooter, but defense, getting to the rim and midrange game will be her strengths.

Reactions: 3 people
Cooper will be playing in the McDonald's All American game on April !st and also in the WCBA All Star game don't know the date on that one.

Cooper will be playing in the McDonald's All American game on April !st and also in the WCBA All Star game don't know the date on that one.

The WBCA All Star game was cancelled last year. There isn't one scheduled this year.

The SchollyMe All World game was played instead, but isn't affiliated with the WBCA.

That is the name of the replacement game. The WBCA still names an All Star team and those players play in the game with the new name. Cooper is on the WBCA All Star team for 2015. Regardless of any affiliation they still try to get the players from the WBCA All Star team to play in their game.

That is the name of the replacement game. The WBCA still names an All Star team and those players play in the game with the new name. Cooper is on the WBCA All Star team for 2015. Regardless of any affiliation they still try to get the players from the WBCA All Star team to play in their game.

They still name an All-Star team, but those players don't necessarily play in the game. Dunbar, for example, played in the game last year, but wasn't a WBCA AA, nor a McDonalds.

Yes, I'm sure they try to get the players to play, but being a WBCA AA isn't a requirement.

VN Store

Back